Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pv1.jpg
    pv2.jpg
    PanaVise 324.jpg
    81KFtqdaN7L._SL1500_.jpg
    pace mbt100e.jpg
    weller.jpg
    pace mbt 201.jpg
    pace prc2000.jpg
    werkbank jbc.jpg
    Capture1.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    Metcal.JPG
    image.jpg
    20150306_203405.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago

Hakko and Weller both have decent consumer grade rework stations.

I use Hakko for desoldering and JBC for soldering.

I used a pair of WES51 wellers for the longest time, and after switching to the JBC Advanced, I don't think I could go back for board work.

The wellers still get plenty of work, changing switches and soldering coils in

#42 9 years ago

That's not large enough for a driver board.

The Panavise parts I use..

305 - Base
    308 - 5# base weight
    315 - PCB vise. Comes with 12 inch bar, holds PCBs up to 10 inches long
    318-22 - 22 inch extension bar, allows to hold up to 20 inch long PCB

pv1.jpgpv1.jpgpv2.jpgpv2.jpg

The 318-22 extension bar will work on the other panavise pictured, but I prefer the 5# base weight I use without all the extraneous stuff like iron and solder holder - I already have both an iron and solder holder that I prefer at my workbench.

The 318-22 is large enough to do WPC driver boards and Sys11 CPUs.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I cant be the only one that does PCB work floating loose on a bench top? I do work on a high bench. I tried and couldnt stand using the holders. I am constantly flipping the board around, desoldering in a vertical positon etc. The stands / holders just get in the way and slow me down.

Depends on the board and what I'm doing. Sometimes, I use the vise, sometimes I don't.

The various tilts and adjustments on the panavise do help with orienting the board.

The last time I repinned a Sys 3-7 driver, I used my JCB iron with the wide tip, put the driver in the vise, and worked my way around the board, pulling all the headers as I could heat up an entire 9 pin at once, tap the board, and it'd just fall out. I repinned the board in the vise as well, but I just used a regular tip in the iron for that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-equipment?tu=johnwartjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.