(Topic ID: 160262)

soldering

By Luppin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kelly_Forceps_4b5df05c231f3_(resized).jpg
    third_hand_(resized).jpg
    3rd_hand.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

hi,

I am not a total newbie, but almost ...

I made dozens of soldering for my machines: simply, wires to be soldered on switches. Somehow, it happens quite often on my machines. I always managed to do it, although it is often a struggle for me. My question is regarding how to set up the wires before the actual soldering.

Basically, I have to keep in my hand the soldering iron (right hand). In the left hand the wire to be soldered, that need to be brought carefully in the right spot on the switch. The problem is I would need a third hand (or a second person) to place the solder itself and move it away at the right time..

Since I do not have a third hand, I always have to play with the wire and the solder with the same hand, and it's very difficult. I always need several attempts, until I luckily manage to do the work with the right timing with everything in the right place: a struggle!

Is there some technique or tool that can facilitate this process?

#6 7 years ago

Good advices thanks! Probably its also what I wasmending up doing, without knowing: I was trying several times, and in the meanwhile fresh solder was being added separately to the wire and to the lug, and finally they managed to glue more easily.

#7 7 years ago

Just saw the pics... Even better!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-1?tu=luppin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.