Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fakerback_(resized).jpg
tack_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
throwing-money-2_(resized).jpg
SharpShooter_Before1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
images_(resized).jpg
Hate_(resized).jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

Where I come from, all GB LE cost more than 10k.

10k by Xmas has been dead for a long time as pinball hyperbole.

More like... 20k by Xmas.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I plan on selling my gotle and I am done buying steve richie designs.

Never say never but I totally get what you're saying.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Respectfully differ. Game of Thrones?

Worth every penny I spent on it. Most-played game in my house...still.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Worth every penny I spent on it. Most-played game in my house...still.

Cool. But please reread, I never said GOT was a bad game. Just pointing out LE not more loaded than Premium any more.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Quoted from Trekkie1978:
I disagree on never buying the LE. Any Steve Ritchie LE is worth buying. The extras he is allowed to put on the LE, IMO, makes his LEs worth it.
Respectfully differ. Game of Thrones?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

In other important news, I bought a new pair of pants.

What kind of pants? Did you keep them or sell them?

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Cool. But please reread, I never said GOT was a bad game. Just pointing out LE not more loaded than Premium any more.

Fair enough. But the side armor and hand drawn art make it worth extra money. Is it worth the extra money Stern is charging? Hell no. I'm a GOT LE fan, but I'm not an idiot (not completely, anyway). I think the art on GOT LE is the nicest package (playfield aside), so it was worth the extra money to ME. So perhaps we sort of agree!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not just any tallboys, gotta be OX 45!

You win sir!

tack_(resized).jpg

If I ever get to the point of buying the higher models LE would never be a choice over premium. I guess you get them a little quicker, but both are after pros so I never really seen the point. But diff'rent strokes.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

but I'm not an idiot (not completely, anyway). I think the art on GOT LE is the nicest package (playfield aside), so it was worth the extra money to ME.

You need to rethink this, because it sounds like something an idiot would say All the art is great other than the PF...wtf other art is there?

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fair enough. But the side armor and hand drawn art make it worth extra money. Is it worth the extra money Stern is charging? Hell no. I'm a GOT LE fan, but I'm not an idiot (not completely, anyway). I think the art on GOT LE is the nicest package (playfield aside), so it was worth the extra money to ME. So perhaps we sort of agree!

I don't like GOT, but if I were to buy one, it'd be the LE - since the other ones all look like vomit. The nice thing about GB is that it's all ZY's artwork and the translites are almost the same, which made my choice to go Prem relatively easy.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

That's right I sold my GB LE before it was delivered to my house.

Pics or it didn't happen

"Faker"
fakerback_(resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago

The only insane thing is manufacturers raising prices like this, 8'500 boxes for a pin without real innovations. At this price point I expect way more than plastic toys who are going up and down or left to the right.

Anyway we are the only one to blame in that story as buying nib pins at those injustified prices will confort manufacturers and resellers in their practices.

#111 3 years ago

I only hate because this silly thread is still going on....Can someone please close it!!!

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I'm thinking someone is seeking some attention.

Exactly, why if this was me, I would have never made a thread about it.
Who's business is it? Why should others need to know?

#113 3 years ago

i sold a beanie baby i got for free at the rockies all star game of 96' for 500$. that's my story.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

I love pinball but I can not
justify having that much money tied up in one pin.

Then why did you buy it in the first place?

Rob

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i sold a beanie baby i got for free at the rockies all star game of 96' for 500$. that's my story.

About 10-15 years ago, I sold 4x NZ issue 12" Elvis singles (which were 78 speed!) which I got for free for $250 USD to a dude in Germany on EBAY. Nice one!

rd

#116 3 years ago

This one time, at band camp....

#117 3 years ago

Shoulda held out for $10,500. You would've got it from someone.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

This one time, at band camp....

Where'd the flute go? Hmmmm!

rd

#119 3 years ago

I bought a little metal tambourine at Goodwill for 50 cents that said "What New York needs is a 4 day week". Kooky, but I looked it up and it was given away to those who attended a John Lennon concert he did in New York in the 70's. I looked up a video of the concert and sure enough, people in the crowd are rocking out with the tambourine. Haven't sold it yet, but I'm sure it's at least worth telling the story.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So one of these must be worth 20 grand now.

I still have my Sanyo BETA VCR deck from the 80's and STILL WORKING.
(No I don't use it but it is here and it worked 12 years ago) lol

BIDDING STARTS at 5K...LOL

#121 3 years ago

You deserve beta.

#122 3 years ago

Hey if you pre ordered it for $7,295 and someone paid you $10,000, that is $2,705 profit. Take that profit and use it to go buy a fun 90's pinball machine. It is like you just got a free pinball machine!!!!!!!!!!!

#123 3 years ago

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the $2,705 profit supposed to be reported on the federal tax return as "other income?" If this is indeed the case it is a good reason to not start a thread like this. Perhaps its best to just keep quiet and enjoy your good fortune and happiness in solitude. Have a great weekend everyone!

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the $2,705 profit supposed to be reported on the federal tax return as "other income?" If this is indeed the case it is a good reason to not start a thread like this. Perhaps its best to just keep quiet and enjoy your good fortune and happiness in solitude. Have a great weekend everyone!

You aren't wrong.

#125 3 years ago

I nominate this as "Humblebrag post of 2016" (so far.)

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I still have my Sanyo BETA VCR deck from the 80's and STILL WORKING.
(No I don't use it but it is here and it worked 12 years ago) lol
BIDDING STARTS at 5K...LOL

Still a better deal than wasting 10k on a has been movie pinball theme.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Shoulda held out for $10,500. You would've got it from someone.

10k don't throw out the extra $500. You can buy mine!

#129 3 years ago

Easy money, good move,because after playing the pro,so,so,and they hyped it up good I don't think the le will be worth the price, you can buy a used one in a few yrs for Less than the original price ..way to profit!

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't like GOT, but if I were to buy one, it'd be the LE - since the other ones all look like vomit. The nice thing about GB is that it's all ZY's artwork and the translites are almost the same, which made my choice to go Prem relatively easy.

I actually think the Premium package by far looks better than the LE.

And since you mention traslites, the big difference in GB LE and past LE mania is that there is not a wonderful screened mirrored backglass. Now you get a translite glued to glass. Makes the choice to go premium even easier, I'd say.

I mean, what do you really get with an LE over Premium now? Just a different art package and a badge w number?

#131 3 years ago

I am going to be very happy with my premium, the LE is hideous. Top that all off with the fact the accessories are clearly designed for the premium. at 3k less too, premium all the way!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I am going to be very happy with my premium, the LE is hideous.

The LE is hideous yet you have a WANTED ad to buy... an LE.

#133 3 years ago

How does someone block ridiculous and pointless posts from appearing?

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Mind power...

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

They are usually the same people. Just put them on ignore.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I actually think the Premium package by far looks better than the LE.

He's big on the "painted backglass done by a real artist with a brush" type thing...that most people don't care aboot.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sold my Gay 90s for $75!

Great deal for the buyer. Was the guy who purchased it gay and in his 90's?

#138 3 years ago

Sorry Boobs but I think GOTLE is to put it politely, "not good".

Steve Ritchie is in need of a "what have you done for me lately" success after this one.

Then again, I put ST below GOT, not liking either one at all.

Maybe he will wake up after Trudeau and the massive sales hit that GB is and stop mailing it in.

Either way, Borg and Lyman are my #1 go to team. Anything else from Stern is "show me the money" time before I consider.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Boobs but I think GOTLE is to put it politely, "not good".
Steve Ritchie is in need of a "what have you done for me lately" success after this one.
Then again, I put ST below GOT, not liking either one at all.
Maybe he will wake up after Trudeau and the massive sales hit that GB is and stop mailing it in.
Either way, Borg and Lyman are my #1 go to team. Anything else from Stern is "show me the money" time before I consider.

I actually thing GOT and GB are a study in complete opposite reactions from the pinball community. GOT was announced and people vomited about the artwork which, I think, colored their opinion of the gameplay. As time has passed, it seems more people have been seeing what a fun game it is - and shipping with nearly complete code helped with that. (Again, it's played the most in my house, and I've got a pretty fun collection, IMO.)

GB came out with what many people thought was incredible artwork (I hated it), and said the game was awesome to play (again, I think they're opinion was colored by the nice art). But the gameplay has gotten increasingly bad reviews as time has gone on. People have even said the game is frustrating to the point of feeling cheated by the game. That can't bode well in the long term.

I still love my ACDC and GOT LE, and look forward to what Ritchie does with Star Wars.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:But the gameplay has gotten increasingly bad reviews as time has gone on. People have even said the game is frustrating to the point of feeling cheated by the game. That can't bode well in the long term.

If I could change 1 thing on the design it would be the flipper gap. There's just no reason for it except to make the game harder with more center drains. I cringe at the though of putting larger flipper bats on a game to compensate for the gap. Maybe a more liberal tilt will be needed

Rob

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Still a better deal than wasting 10k on a has been movie pinball theme.

TBL ?

#142 3 years ago

I agree with your points Boob.

The reviews have me re thinking my GBLE

It won't be in favor of GOT though. I acknowledge its hard to appreciate any pin until you get progress and a few hundred plays in but I'm not a fan of the layout and how it shoots.

I'm thinking on unloading 2 of my other Ritchie games. SM and Acdc. Basically done with them.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They are - it's called the "PREMIUM". Same exact game, they'll sell tons.
You can't make more "LE"s. LE = LIMITED EDITION

Sure you can. You make them and call them something else. Vault edition or somethin like ACDC Lucy. There wish always a way to make more money if you are already making lots of it.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It won't be in favor of GOT though.

Game of thrones theme means nothing to me (never seen the program) and I could care less about the artwork, but GOT pro has an amazing rule set. Very challenging to play. I think the pro is the way to go on that title, non stop flow. The ruleset makes you hurry up with the shots (all the multipliers count down quickly) but when you rush, you miss your shots and get caned.

Much better package than GB game play wise. In my humble opinion. That's why I bought a GOT pro.

rd

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Game of thrones theme means nothing to me (never seen the program)

You're missing one helluva show!

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're missing one helluva show!

I'll watch it one day. Just watching all of the Walking Dead now .... Maybe GOT will be next.

rd

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'll watch it one day. Just watching all of the Walking Dead now .... Maybe GOT will be next.
rd

I loved WD for the first 4-5 seasons but just like Lost those two shows seemed to go on way too long with nothing new to add so I never finished Lost and stopped watching WD.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I loved WD for the first 4-5 seasons but just like Lost those two shows seemed to go on way too long with nothing new to add so I never finished Lost and stopped watching WD.

Yeah, the original ideas run out and you see the same thing happen a few times.

The best bits in TWD are where they have huge gun battles with automatic weapons at like 10-20 metres away from each other and nobody ever gets shot. In real life there's no way you wouldn't be dead 100x over. It's a crack up.

rd

#149 3 years ago

RD, game of thrones is a must watch! start from the begining and you will be hooked in short order!

#150 3 years ago

150 posts because someone sold a pin Who cares?? Glad you did,now pay your bills!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Arlington, TX
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside