(Topic ID: 60490)

Sold my AC/DC: Looking to buy another pin. East TN area or close by.

By pinballwiz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well just sold my AC/DC premium to a local collector. Have nothing but good things to say about AC/DC. I just don't need to put so much money into one pin plus I have discovered I am more of a "mode" type of player.

Looking for a pin around the $2k mark. Some games that come to mind are:

Judge Dredd
Fish Tales
Jurassic Park
Tales From The Crypt
Road Show
Star Wars Data East
Congo.

Only higher price pin that might persuade me to pay more would be TSPP or Family Guy.

If you have any of these or something else that I might be interested in, let me know. Would like to find something somewhat close to East TN area.

Got cash and ready to buy

#2 10 years ago

oops you said 2k my bad. Good luck in your search.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I know I am stretching it on some of the titles I listed. Like I said somewhere around the $2k mark. I can come up a little for the right machine.

#4 10 years ago

Bump for the morning crew!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 10 years ago

Anybody out there?

#6 10 years ago

Nope, lol. I can tell you right now that there aren't that many pins available in the TN area, especially in the $2K range. Believe me, I've looked. If I come across something I'll definitely let you know though. I've got a "look out for ___ machines for ___ person" list going for the local guys and will add you to it.

The only lead I can think of would be DreamTR (Pinsider) who runs Game Galaxy had offered up his TFTC to me at one point. It was a tad bit more than $2K, but was a very nice machine. He has a very nice collection at the Antioch location and when I went a couple of months back he had 2-3 he had priced for me around the $2400 mark. I don't know what is still for sale or how much anything would be, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks blondetall! I just spoke with DreamTR last night. I sold him a NGG several months back. He did offer up his TFTC. That is all he has at the moment. Right now it is probably on the bottom of my list due to the theme. I have a 4yr old daughter and she is going through this scared of monster's phase. Not sure if I want to bring in a machine like that right now. I could have bought a BSD in Chattanooga the other day for $2k but the theme kept me from it.

Thanks for putting me on your pin list.

#8 10 years ago

Ah, that must have been your NGG that I was trying to buy off him. I had originally gone up to see TFTC and Stargate, then neither really clicked as much as I wanted them to. (I'd played TFTC 18 years ago and remembered it, but husband said he didn't want to hear the cackling all the time and wasn't happy about me possibly getting it anyway.) I had never played NGG except for on the virtual Pinball Arcade, and I only got one game in before they turned it back off to work on it but I loved it immediately. I asked about it, but it was not for sale due to customer popularity. So I sadly went home emptyhanded, and shortly thereafter another Pinsider saw where I said I wanted one and offered me up his. Now my house is full and I'm broke, especially since I'm still saving up for Predator.

The only other person possible selling locally would be Fatsquatch, but I'm still not sure what he's doing with his collection at the moment, and all he might have close to your range would be Dracula and Shadow, which might scare your daughter. I bought the only pin that the NGG seller had (he's looking for a TZ or TAF if you know of any for sale) and I don't know any other pins available except from Dale (rlevin on here) at Chattanooga Pinball, and those are nice but retail prices. There are some pins listed in the Ringgold GA CraigsList ads quite often, but I don't know who that is.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 10 years ago

pm sent

#10 10 years ago

You did not list Whirlwind, a great family game, so I just throw this out. I have a very nice WW with lots of improvements that i have made and will sell for 2,100 plus I have a complete set NIB CPR playfield plastics for it that are still in the shipping container. I will throw those for $140 and eat the $15 dollar shipping charge i paid. I live in Cincinnati, about 4 hours at most to Maynardsville. I know, my sister lives in Sharps Chapel area. I have new (not installed drop target and spinner decals also) game has colormatched Cointaker premiums Leds in the PF inserts and cointainer LEDs in Backbox. Game plays 100% and very smooth, no errors and perfect sound, whirlwind topper. Pictures and video of game play can be sent..
Thanks

#11 10 years ago

PM replied to TZ68 and sending PM to you Chet.

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

I am still hoping to get up with the guy who bought your AC/DC. I know he is trying to sell his RBION but it is not in that price range. I imagine you already know about that anyhow.

Good luck, and hope to meet you some day.

Darin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 64.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-my-acdc-looking-to-buy-another-pin-east-tn-area-or-close-by and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.