New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276102)

Sold in 6hrs!!! That’s crazy fast. My house that is.

By Nazz26

56 days ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by JohnnyPinball007
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 56 days ago

So I put my house on the market here in NY a few months ago and it sold within 6hrs. My wife and I are the last two standing in NY and we are now empty nesters. My son moved to Texas to start his new career and my daughter is off to college. Both my wife’s family and mine all live in Florida. So Florida it is. The only question is What part of Florida? We are going to rent in Englewood for a year because we may build in South Gulf cove a water community. Where else should I look? I do want to be on a canal that leads to the bay. South Gulf cove canals lead to Charlotte Harbor which is what I’m looking for. Any other suggestions?

#2 56 days ago

I’m partial to the Ft. Myers area but that’s just me.

#3 56 days ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

So I put my house on the market here in NY a few months ago and it sold within 6hrs. My wife and I are the last two standing in NY and we are now empty nesters. My son moved to Texas to start his new career and my daughter is off to college. Both my wife’s family and mine all live in Florida. So Florida it is. The only question is What part of Florida? We are going to rent in Englewood for a year because we may build in South Gulf cove a water community. Where else should I look? I do want to be on a canal that leads to the bay. South Gulf cove canals lead to Charlotte Harbor which is what I’m looking for. Any other suggestions?

Wuht?? Not Texas???

#4 56 days ago

Sarasota

#5 56 days ago

come to Australia

#6 55 days ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

It’s definitely a sellers market in New York lately.

#7 55 days ago

There has been a shortage of houses for a long time now. I have found that most people just give up and rent until the right deal comes along... problem is that it’s getting longer and longer every time a different friend of mine tries to buy a house. It took my realator and I 10 months of looking every single day to find the right house for the right $ and that was 3 years ago. It’s even more difficult now.

Sadly, the biggest problem is that fewer and fewer in the young workforce want to work hard any more. There is a massive shortage of qualified workers in just about every single trade in America. Building houses is costing a fortune and because it’s so pricey to find good help, cutting costs using cheaper and cheaper materials is the only way houses are getting put up these days. I have friends that are getting older and wanted to retire a long time ago. When I ask they say, “I can’t afford to retire now, I’m making a fortune in my trade.” And, “My company can’t find anyone to hire to take my place.”

#8 55 days ago

I love the Tampa/ St. Pete area.

#9 55 days ago

Most of the houses in our area are higher priced and grandmas wallpaper, shag carpet and blue and pink toilets and tubs still need remodeled.

#10 55 days ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Most of the houses in our area are higher priced and grandmas wallpaper, shag carpet and blue and pink toilets and tubs still need remodeled.

We bought a house on the Chesapeake Bay and it is this case everywhere. Due to the age of a lot of the waterfront homeowners and the upkeep of living on water, everything around here in the lower price ranges (which are still incredibly high) requires work and updating. Between finding good remodelers, their backlog, and permitting, it is quite an adventure around here buying and updating houses.

#11 55 days ago

I would stay North on the Gulf Coast. Citrus County has a lot of Golf and water activities, plus more house for the money, Wherever you look, I would want to know what traffic looks like in the winter season. Congrats

#12 55 days ago

Another vote for Sarasota. Real estate is still affordable there, and you're still in the thick of things. Clearwater beach is beautiful.

#13 55 days ago

My choice is high ground -- so maybe Space Mountain. Once heard it was Fla's fourth highest peak!

#14 55 days ago

We live in Orlando. Within walking distance of the Mouse. Previously lived in Celebration and Kissimmee. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

#15 55 days ago

Having spent almost 50 years around here, and where you are looking, Id recommend a peek, just a bit north of Englewood.
    Spend a small amount of time looking at Venice, Nokomis, and Osprey. They are 15 minutes south of Sarasota, and North of Englewood.
    Why? Ease to Sarasota, Less Traffic during busy times, better Restaurants, and much lower housing costs and Taxes.

A $400K place in Sarasota, is $200K, in Nokomis, $250K in Venice and Englewood.
    Beach is closer, The Venice Pier, and Caspersen Beach.

If its Golf, then Englewood, and Sarasota, are better. If its Upper end Social, its Sarasota.
    Shopping St Armands, or Downtown Venice. Beach Crowds, and Beach Quality Vary.
    Do you want a Beach with Sea Life and no buildings, or high rises, with Tourists?
    Do you want to travel and be near I75, or as close to beach or Waterfront, Boating as Possible?
    Do you want to save Hundreds a month in Taxes and Mortgage?

But wherever you go, its freaking awesome there, and Health Insurance is much less, as is dining, and everything else!
    Good Luck! If I can be of any help, feel free to PM.

Here is a Pic of Caspersan....a Secret, where you can walk for hours and see no one, or swim with Dolphins, and Sea Horses.
    No Pollution, and the Fish know this!!

the 3 pics show different developments between the beaches.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #16 55 days ago

We've had 3 tornadoes in the last 8 months. We haven't had 3 in the prior 8 years. Please come to Florida. I'm getting the f' out. Global warming bitches!

#17 55 days ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

people are leaving the city. moving to the lower hudson valley and work from home. i have had people knocking on my door and asking me to sell, right now i am sticking it out. i still have a house in the city for when i am working there. the commute is 1-2 hrs each way and i cant do it daily anymore. congrats with the sale. ny isnt what it used to be. i hope things get righted in next few years. i like all the seasons we have here but the winters are getting tougher as i get older. good like in florida.

#18 55 days ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

We've had 3 tornadoes in the last 8 months. We haven't had 3 in the prior 8 years. Please come to Florida. I'm getting the f' out. Global warming bitches!

Twister the dark side of nature! Believe it or not humans do not control old Mother Nature.

#19 55 days ago

So when are you selling your pinball machines? too large to move those.

#20 54 days ago
    Quoted from robotron:

people are leaving the city. moving to the lower hudson valley and work from home. i have had people knocking on my door and asking me to sell, right now i am sticking it out. i still have a house in the city for when i am working there. the commute is 1-2 hrs each way and i cant do it daily anymore. congrats with the sale. ny isnt what it used to be. i hope things get righted in next few years. i like all the seasons we have here but the winters are getting tougher as i get older. good like in florida.

Me and my family stayed in Brooklyn last year for two weeks. Our first time visiting NYC. Had a lot of fun but it was so HOT and humid we could barely stand it. We could'nt stay for a whole Yankees game because it was so hot. I had no idea it gets so hot there. It was as bad as Orlando in august.

#21 54 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Me and my family stayed in Brooklyn last year for two weeks. Our first time visiting NYC. Had a lot of fun but it was so HOT and humid we could barely stand it. We could'nt stay for a whole Yankees game because it was so hot. I had no idea it gets so hot there. It was as bad as Orlando in august.

Having Worked In Brooklyn, Yankee Stadium, lived in NY and Orlando Now, it is amazing what a stifling hot humid day can do.
    I agree.
    Particularly as we get Older!!! I use to run up the steps at Yankee and Shea selling beer, and now, its the handicapped section!
    But what got me most, was washing a car, and the next day wiping it down, to find black dust on the car.
    We peeked at this at college, and it was Carbon mostly from Tires, Autos, and Factories. The Factories are gone, but it always feels like something is in the air that sticks to you in NY. Its just non stop sweat in Otown....8 weeks to go, till it cools.

On the other side, related to OP, if one buys within a mile or so from the beach, it feels much much cooler with the salty ocean breeze.

#22 54 days ago

Plenty of nice places along the west coast of Florida. Just depends on how much you can afford. St Pete, Sarasota just to name a couple. Love the Royal palms and the wild Quaker parrots on Long Boat Key in Sarasota.

#23 54 days ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Twister the dark side of nature! Believe it or not humans do not control old Mother Nature.

They don't control it, but they do influence it. A warming ocean is not good for Florida.

#24 54 days ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

They don't control it, but they do influence it. A warming ocean is not good for Florida.

That’s true. It may not be a bad idea to get out. We know very little. You could move here but we have tornados all the time. Stay maybe sink hole swallows your house. We just only know bad shit is going happen.

#25 54 days ago

Just from us visiting Florida a good bit over the past 5 years I would suggest staying in the northern half of the state. All of Florida is hot during the summer but the southern half of Florida is much too hot for my liking about 1/3 of the year. Also the northern 1/2 of Florida seems to be a little cheaper?

#26 53 days ago

I know several people that have retired to Destin and Panama City. They have places on the bays and intercoastal waterways.

That is where I would look. They have seasons there, cold enough in the winter to enjoy a fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 93.00
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinballToys
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 33.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 50.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 90.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside