• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The interesting thing about Avengers is Stern did shoot themselves in the foot. If the game had another month inside before release, and these issues were addressed, the game would have been much more successful. They would have been selling Premiums, lots more Pros, etc. The license is a huge one, one of the biggest ever, and will be relevant for years.
Obviously it is an owner's favorite, the ones who have spent the time with it fixing it up. If everyone had that "dialed in" experience on day 1, it would be a monster release. Instead, all kinds of money disappeared. Literally millions of dollars in lost sales from a few hundred extra units never being produced.
I'm sure the game will find its fans as the existing units get corrected and more people play it as intended, but that will not help Stern down the road when they could have made money off it today.

Yeah, but no original voices from movies really sucks. I can't imagine playing IM without hearing quotes from the movie.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The reason I sold the game is because it is a cheaply made POS.
Speaking of bleeding edge one last tip, when your Hulk mech takes a dump put a piece of tape down the edge of the metal bracket that holds the bridge motor, that is as thin as a tin can and isn't deburred and it will cut the shit out of the back of your hand.
It isn't like I have never worked on a game or held a mech in my hands, you can say it doesn't matter but when shit is so cheaply made the flipper buttons pop out or an Allen head just twists off like butter and again it isn't like I have never loosened an Allen bolt and I know when to stop turning and add heat or impact the thing just gave up the frikken ghost with light pressure.
It didn't have a damn thing to do with the gameplay or the callouts the game is very addicting it is just for the price the quality and zero attention to detail coupled with no response from Stern I sold the damn thing.
I own my own business and when an employee goes on vacation another employee takes that position to service our customers.
Pat is on vacation is not a valid excuse to me anyway.
Stern can make these games out of paper mache as far as I am concerned I will never buy another one.
If you have this game and another older Stern run your finger up and down the side of the service rails the ones on my ELVIS are smooth and deburred, the ones on Hulk are sharp.
Cheaper, cheaper cheaper while the price goes higher and higher.
I would have kept this game if it was better built but if the dog hadn't stopped to take a shit it would have caught the rabbit.
IMO people are selling the game for the same reason Eskay sold it, this dog won't hunt out of the box, you can get it to play properly but you can't keep it from falling apart.
Look at his vid and count how many times either launcher shot the ball to the rollovers.
Good enough, screw testing just shove it in the box and ship it and let the end user deal with it.
I am just shaking my head about the springs on the drops on Met how the hell does a game leave the factory like that?
Lack of care that is how it happens.

Revenues and profits are on the up and up, so cutting costs is working......for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-hulk-le-tonight?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.