• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Ha! A sellers favorite game while it's for sale, bashes it the next day after it's sold

It is a love hate relationship if you can call it that tracelifter had with the Avengers pinball. And it sucks he decided to sell a game that he really enjoyed. Justifiably so. He helped a lot of the Avengers owner's with all the info on how to make serious adjustments to Avengers to get it "dialed in ". He provided photos and instructions on most of the Avengers threads. I used his Ideas to remount my LOKI lock. I used traclifters info about how to bend drawbridge so if would lower the chance of HULK arms damage. Learned from traclifter how to steady out the shooter lane/ plastic ramp. Traclifter put a lot of good info that I learned from. My point is he loved the gameplay but there was to much shit going on with his machine and he is moving on and here is why. If STERN would have done a better job in the Quality of there Parts. And the personnel who assemble these pinball machines would pay more attention to detail.Tracelifter would still have the Avengers and may be a retuning customer. But that did not happen. They lost a buyer of there product that may not return. For example STERN assembly personnel mounted my magnet under the HULK pressure plate switch to high. It should be flush with the playfield. Mine and Traclifters were not. Causing premature damage to the plates underside and the Decal.
A lot of these issue could have been avoided. Avengers is an A+ game in the game play and lighting sound and art package. But this is what will happen to more pinball buyers if the quality and assembly are not improved from STERN. And we all want this to happen. We love pinball and we want a win win. Pinball machines being made with quality and profit for STERN. So they stay in business. And in return Pinball buyers can buy with confidence that a $5000.00-8500.00 STERN will be a quality product and not fall apart. Which is the state of STERN quality as of late. I do think that STERN is striving to improve. As I stated in my thread that STERN is going back to using 44/47 light sockets in there next production of STAR TREK. So this is a sign of positive change. But they are a day late and a dollar short for some of us. Lets hope they do get there ducks in a row. And I think they will.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It coulda been an A list, it could have been a contender.

To Funny !!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We should just call a spade a spade on this one. The Avengers is just not a very good game.

The build quality in some areas of STERN pinball machines as of late are not good as I have stated in this thread in an earlier post. You are free to have your opinion jalpert. So am I . But Avengers L.E. in the Game play, rules, playfield lay out, sound effects, music , lighting effects ,Cabinet art and trim . Are excellent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-hulk-le-tonight?tu=robknapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.