(Topic ID: 163307)

SOLD! Comet Pinball LEDs has New Owners!

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    20160705_190316_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    beezleboobvagabond2_(resized).png
    Bambi_Comet_(resized).jpg
    backglass_hdr2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

I've been busting at the seams about this for the last two months - so glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore!

Janet and I are beyond excited to have this opportunity, and very grateful that we were able to trick Art into entrusting his pinball legacy to us! It's been a joy working with him over the last two months, and our goal is to get out of his hair as quick as possible so he can spend more time relaxing at the beach, returning to health, and playing pinball.

We've got the right combination of skills to pick up where he left off, with Janet doing the business, e-commerce, and marketing stuff, while I focus on the product, customer service, and technology side of things. And of course, blinging out my games a little bit! Most of them are already out on location in Boulder, CO so keep an eye out for their transformation.

We're packing everything into a U-Haul right now, and road-tripping back to Colorado to set up shop. Orders won't start shipping again until Monday, July 11th, but we've spent a fair amount of time in Florida training so we can hit the ground running when we return. Then, from the customer standpoint, it should be business as usual.

In the last few years, pinball has taken over completely to become the most exciting, fun, and rewarding part of my life. It's really all I think about: playing, operating, fixing, competing, organizing, growing the community, and the list goes on. Taking over Comet is either insane, or just the next logical step. And as thrilling as this is, I think Janet is even more excited than I am!

Art left some big shoes to fill, but he's confident that we can do as good of a job as he did. We're looking forward to continuing to provide great stuff to the pinball community for years to come!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Congrats Art! Thanks for squeezing in my order at the last minute

You can thank Janet for that one.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I was working on some branding for you a while back just for shit and giggles. Congrats on the sale.

This. Is. Amazing.

We were just talking about a new logo...

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Del boca vista.

Art didn't last long as the president of the condo association down there...

#74 7 years ago

This will be so fun, counting the inventory...WHY MUST YOU PEOPLE ORDER SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF BULBS?!?

I'm worried about my dreams tonight.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

glad to see the company is in good hands and now in the Midwest in the US ?. Hopefully products will come even quicker now to Alberta.

Strangely, Colorado is considered to be in "the west"...and all those places that I'd call the mideast (which no one ever says), are actually the midwest. Maybe the name stuck way back before we expanded to California?

That said, Comet is now 1500 miles closer to you! Hopefully it makes a difference.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Congratulations Ryan and Janet! I will be glad to support the local economy

Have we met already? I don't always know usernames...

Quoted from Zitt:

I look forward to continuing to spec Comet Pinball LEDs in all my mods

So do we - can't wait to see your next mods!

Quoted from Taxman:

Is this package going be famous like Cactus Canyon last off the Williams line?

Keep your eyes open for LED2k...it's lighting that hangs in a hood above the playfield and you only see the reflections.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Do you guys plan of traveling to shows now?

To be determined. We've talked to Art about this quite a bit...having around 1000 different products (when you factor in lens, color, and base) makes it very difficult. We only have one show that is within driving distance, and the rest are plane flights.

But, of course, I've got a better excuse now to travel to shows now. Is there a good middle ground you'd like to see between us not attending, and bringing every product we carry? I'd be curious...

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Cometpinball site is gone???

Incredibly, "take down the site completely for up to two business days" is standard operating procedure when transferring between owners for the e-commerce platform that hosts the store.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd find someone else new to host.. Even if you're not shipping till next week, every minute the site is down is costing you money..

Not good for your search engine rankings either...

We really did consider switching, but we went with the "don't rock the boat" option. Since that took down the site anyway - it looks like we got the worst of both worlds!

I'm a web developer...there is nothing more frustrating than being told to "wait for propagation" while you sit around twiddling your thumbs. (Technically I'm petting a dog, but you get the point).

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from urbanledge:

I need to order!!!!
    can you add Republic of Ireland to the shipping list?
    It only ever had Northern Ireland.
    It was always a pain
    Good luck with the new venture

If I say "yes", is it binding? I assume that's an easy thing to add. Will figure it out this weekend - would love to have you order!

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from toibs:

Cant pick up from the old master himself, so guess i will have to pay the silly extortionate customs charges now Let us know when/if these go on sale again!

Just swing by Colorado...you'll already be over halfway there...

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can still order from Ryan, and pick up from me in Orlando, if we can coordinate the meet up.

That's the cheaper, but less adventurous option.

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yup! Its called two internet companies, among the largest there is, blaming each other for not doing the job right!

On my last call with the e-commerce host, they had me change the DNS settings on Go Daddy to something wrong, and then change them back to the correct servers. Within 5 seconds, the site was working.

The best part was that I then got an email from support asking that I "allow up to 6 days to propagate".

1 month later
    #134 7 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

When are you getting white 906 flashers back in stock: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

Sorry, just saw this. They're in stock! I'm definitely faster in responding to PMs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-comet-pinball-leds-has-new-owners?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.