(Topic ID: 163307)

SOLD! Comet Pinball LEDs has New Owners!

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    20160705_190316_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    beezleboobvagabond2_(resized).png
    Bambi_Comet_(resized).jpg
    backglass_hdr2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Greetings to all my fellow pinsiders!

Today is a special day I wish to share with you.
    A lifetime journey, now takes a change.
    While I started working at the age of 11, My journey took me from delivering Newsday, to manufacturing, and on to LEDs for pinball.

All this, was always one step behind pinball.

At 8, in the black hardcover school books of the 60s,
    Id take my #2, and draw pinball playfields, and mail them with a note to Chicago.
    I always dreamed Id get a reply and a job offer to be a pinball designer.

Id make them from cardboard and rubber bands, Id have toy pins as a child, I started playing bingo games at the age of 6
    on the boardwalks of Rockaway.
    I worked at Pachinko house, modded those with bulbs, used LEDs from TI calculators in pins in the 70's, and helped Dick Bueschel with research for Pinball Encyclopedia.

Wow! Thats 50 years!

Well today, I start the journey of retirement, and my first love
    of pinball, ends with my love of pinball, and I could not have done this without the gracious support and friendship extended
    by you all......the guys and gals of Pinside!
    More then just making a purchase, the wild emails, pictures, and joy I have been privileged to share with you, as an old game transforms into an experience like the most joyous of Christmas Tree memories!

The friendship. This says it all.

You have done more then you can know, in filling an old mans dreams.

The journey would not exist, without my Love of my life, Lisa.
    It is also our Anniversary today, and we are together for 41 years since meeting.

So the Baton is passed today, with the Sale of Comet Pinball
    to Ryan Wanger and Janet Ehlers of Boulder, Colorado.

Many of you will know Ryan, and the steadfast perseverance
    he brings. Ryan operates games from Boulder, Co. and is the tournament director at over 30 + events including the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show.
    Janet brings a keen sense of business, and a vision for the Company has emerged, as we have gotten to know each other.
    I am not only confident of the continued future of Comet Pinball, but equally excited to share this news, and
    the direction of Comet Pinball.

Youll be in great hands....better hands.....and a sound future
    for all of us in this hobby.

Im not all done yet...Ill be helping where I can, and popping up here in there.

Now is the time to see if I can get better, and my spirits couldnt be higher with all the support and emails received.

My creation now moves to Ryan and Janet, and I hope youll share a heartfelt greeting as they pursue their dreams now too!

Arthur Haber

COMET PINBALL
    www.cometpinball.com

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Where does a Floridian retire to?

Toronto?

Thank you, Everyone! A long day, a Great Dinner at PF Changs with Ryan, Janet, and Lisa!

#42 7 years ago

....Theological Archaeology
    or a metal detector at the beach......

#46 7 years ago

Vapes...retirement.....sounds Great, Aurich! Im coming for a visit!

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Congrats on the sale, Art!
    Looking forward to seeing you in November! You are literally one of the 3-4 people I will talk to on the phone without being forced.

Funny! I have to force everyone else to talk to me! Including my wife!

Inventory counting today........! yeah....! Not!

Time for you all to get to know Jackpot Janet......I hear the "payout" odds are Good!
    (or in Pinball, "Suuuuuper Jackpot Janet!)

Welcoming a Lady to Pinside is a rare event!

#87 7 years ago

OK......Its all done.....3 long days of counting, and counting, and counting.....

Ryan and Janet are on their way back home, having just left.

I am available for a few weeks to help with any questions in general, but order specifics, etc, should be directed to them.

It is expected that they will start shipping orders next Monday, and many items, other than 3 and Super Flux, will be back in stock next week. They will need a short bit of time to update.

Thank you again, everyone...not dead yet, but head first now into medical research.

Wishing Ryan and Janet all the best, and be gentle Guys......it will take a bit for them to get into the groove of things,
    and the ship sails on forward.....Happy 4th, its almost 7 pm, and Ive done 2 months straight of 7 days to get here.....

Rest......Thank you, Thank You, Thank you...for all the kind words, well wishes, and support.....mostly just being fellow pinhead friends.

My home is always open to anyone traveling to Orlando!

CIAO!

#100 7 years ago

Just down temporarily while stuff gets sorted out

#116 7 years ago

Hey Paul,

You can still order from Ryan, and pick up from me in Orlando, if we can coordinate the meet up.
    Send me a PM with your rough schedule of when youll be in town, and Ill do my best to make that happen.

Art

#118 7 years ago

Yup! Its called two internet companies, among the largest there is, blaming each other for not doing the job right!

Crazy calling back and forth, but at least Godaddy, is always on the phone fast!

As Ryan and Janet are still traveling, Please post or PM if anyone has any site issues or send to Ryan and Janet at [email protected].

We want to be sure everything is functioning correctly.

Thanks!

#121 7 years ago

Always happy to help someone named, "Paul"!

Now why arent we both at Pintastic right now?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-comet-pinball-leds-has-new-owners?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.