(Topic ID: 163307)

SOLD! Comet Pinball LEDs has New Owners!

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    20160705_190316_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    beezleboobvagabond2_(resized).png
    Bambi_Comet_(resized).jpg
    backglass_hdr2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Greetings to all my fellow pinsiders!

Today is a special day I wish to share with you.
    A lifetime journey, now takes a change.
    While I started working at the age of 11, My journey took me from delivering Newsday, to manufacturing, and on to LEDs for pinball.

All this, was always one step behind pinball.

At 8, in the black hardcover school books of the 60s,
    Id take my #2, and draw pinball playfields, and mail them with a note to Chicago.
    I always dreamed Id get a reply and a job offer to be a pinball designer.

Id make them from cardboard and rubber bands, Id have toy pins as a child, I started playing bingo games at the age of 6
    on the boardwalks of Rockaway.
    I worked at Pachinko house, modded those with bulbs, used LEDs from TI calculators in pins in the 70's, and helped Dick Bueschel with research for Pinball Encyclopedia.

Wow! Thats 50 years!

Well today, I start the journey of retirement, and my first love
    of pinball, ends with my love of pinball, and I could not have done this without the gracious support and friendship extended
    by you all......the guys and gals of Pinside!
    More then just making a purchase, the wild emails, pictures, and joy I have been privileged to share with you, as an old game transforms into an experience like the most joyous of Christmas Tree memories!

The friendship. This says it all.

You have done more then you can know, in filling an old mans dreams.

The journey would not exist, without my Love of my life, Lisa.
    It is also our Anniversary today, and we are together for 41 years since meeting.

So the Baton is passed today, with the Sale of Comet Pinball
    to Ryan Wanger and Janet Ehlers of Boulder, Colorado.

Many of you will know Ryan, and the steadfast perseverance
    he brings. Ryan operates games from Boulder, Co. and is the tournament director at over 30 + events including the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show.
    Janet brings a keen sense of business, and a vision for the Company has emerged, as we have gotten to know each other.
    I am not only confident of the continued future of Comet Pinball, but equally excited to share this news, and
    the direction of Comet Pinball.

Youll be in great hands....better hands.....and a sound future
    for all of us in this hobby.

Im not all done yet...Ill be helping where I can, and popping up here in there.

Now is the time to see if I can get better, and my spirits couldnt be higher with all the support and emails received.

My creation now moves to Ryan and Janet, and I hope youll share a heartfelt greeting as they pursue their dreams now too!

Arthur Haber

COMET PINBALL
    www.cometpinball.com

#2 7 years ago

Congrats! Enjoy retirement.

#3 7 years ago

Congratulations Art, you have created some incredible products and have been incredibly helpful to becoming a friend. All the very best for "pintirement" and will be supporting the new baton holders. Look after yourself and chat soon.

Jady

#4 7 years ago

Congratulations my friend !

Congratulations to Ryan and Janet too !

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

Congrats to both party's. Art has been a pleasure to work with for all my led needs, and Ryan and Janet are to fantastic people. I am happy for both parties.

Steve

#6 7 years ago

I've been busting at the seams about this for the last two months - so glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore!

Janet and I are beyond excited to have this opportunity, and very grateful that we were able to trick Art into entrusting his pinball legacy to us! It's been a joy working with him over the last two months, and our goal is to get out of his hair as quick as possible so he can spend more time relaxing at the beach, returning to health, and playing pinball.

We've got the right combination of skills to pick up where he left off, with Janet doing the business, e-commerce, and marketing stuff, while I focus on the product, customer service, and technology side of things. And of course, blinging out my games a little bit! Most of them are already out on location in Boulder, CO so keep an eye out for their transformation.

We're packing everything into a U-Haul right now, and road-tripping back to Colorado to set up shop. Orders won't start shipping again until Monday, July 11th, but we've spent a fair amount of time in Florida training so we can hit the ground running when we return. Then, from the customer standpoint, it should be business as usual.

In the last few years, pinball has taken over completely to become the most exciting, fun, and rewarding part of my life. It's really all I think about: playing, operating, fixing, competing, organizing, growing the community, and the list goes on. Taking over Comet is either insane, or just the next logical step. And as thrilling as this is, I think Janet is even more excited than I am!

Art left some big shoes to fill, but he's confident that we can do as good of a job as he did. We're looking forward to continuing to provide great stuff to the pinball community for years to come!

#7 7 years ago

Congrats Arthur!!

#8 7 years ago

Best wishes to both sides.
    Mike

#9 7 years ago

Congrats on sloughing off that boat anchor onto another.

-
    -

-
    -
    -
    --
    -
    (J/K )

#10 7 years ago

Congrats to Art, Ryan, and Janet. But I'm very jealous...I really wanted to take this over since I'll probably be out of work in a year. Now I'll be shaking an empty coffee can on the corner of 42nd and Broadway next summer. Crap.

#11 7 years ago

Congrats Art! Thanks for squeezing in my order at the last minute

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Congrats Art! Thanks for squeezing in my order at the last minute

You can thank Janet for that one.

#13 7 years ago

Thanks Janet

#14 7 years ago

Awesome products. Awesome people. Enjoy retirement

#15 7 years ago

Congrats Art...enjoy retirement and thanks for all the bulbs. It's amazing to see all the neat things you've managed to come out with in the short time I've gotten to know you. Don't be a stranger and I hope to see you again at one of the shows

Ryan & Janet, I hope all goes well and you are successful in carrying on Art's good work.

#16 7 years ago

Congratulations to all. Let me be the first to complain - Hey where's my order? (we're Pinsiders, that's what we do)

#17 7 years ago

Congrats Art. Congrats Ryan. So glad Comet will be closer to home now - I have gravitated to the Comet products over the approx 10 years I've been in the hobby. I love that Comet continued to bring out new and innovative products. Shipping has always been great (fast and free with larger orders).

#18 7 years ago

When is Janet going to get on pinside, she going to see all the fun she's been missing these last couple of years?

#19 7 years ago

Congrats Art, your customer service has been nothing short of outstanding and is a reason I order from you. Hope the new crew can keep it going. Best of luck to you and hope your health improves.

Rob

#20 7 years ago

I was working on some branding for you a while back just for shit and giggles. Congrats on the sale.
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#21 7 years ago

Art - all of my best wishes to you in this new chapter in your life. You really are the best of us and you deserve to enjoy all of the time off you've earned.

*anyone want to take bets that "popping in and out here and there" isn't going to be something he can adhere to? He will just have more free time to be helpful.

#22 7 years ago

This is great! Good luck to Art, Ryan and Janet! Can't wait to get my first order from Ryan and Janet!

#23 7 years ago

Congrats to all involved. Sounds like everyone is happy. More importantly best wishes on your health Art.

#24 7 years ago

Good luck with everything, and thank you for all of the help! Here at the xsvtoys arcade, we wish you....

backglass_hdr2_(resized).jpgbackglass_hdr2_(resized).jpg

And Bambi herself thanks you as well

Bambi_Comet_(resized).jpgBambi_Comet_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Congrats, Art! Enjoy your retirement!

#26 7 years ago

Congrats Art! You created a great business and your products have made blinging out a pinball machine more fun! Congrats to new owners! Can't wait to order more!

#27 7 years ago

Congrats Art,

I've enjoyed our hours-long phone conversations....you're such a great guy.

Only wishing you the best in your retirement...you've earned it.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've been busting at the seams about this for the last two months - so glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore!
    Janet and I are beyond excited to have this opportunity, and very grateful that we were able to trick Art into entrusting his pinball legacy to us! It's been a joy working with him over the last two months, and our goal is to get out of his hair as quick as possible so he can spend more time relaxing at the beach, returning to health, and playing pinball.
    We've got the right combination of skills to pick up where he left off, with Janet doing the business, e-commerce, and marketing stuff, while I focus on the product, customer service, and technology side of things. And of course, blinging out my games a little bit! Most of them are already out on location in Boulder, CO so keep an eye out for their transformation.
    We're packing everything into a U-Haul right now, and road-tripping back to Colorado to set up shop. Orders won't start shipping again until Monday, July 11th, but we've spent a fair amount of time in Florida training so we can hit the ground running when we return. Then, from the customer standpoint, it should be business as usual.
    In the last few years, pinball has taken over completely to become the most exciting, fun, and rewarding part of my life. It's really all I think about: playing, operating, fixing, competing, organizing, growing the community, and the list goes on. Taking over Comet is either insane, or just the next logical step. And as thrilling as this is, I think Janet is even more excited than I am!
    Art left some big shoes to fill, but he's confident that we can do as good of a job as he did. We're looking forward to continuing to provide great stuff to the pinball community for years to come!

Congrats Ryan....

I truly hope you continue Art's business model. The products he sold/developed has been a BIG plus for the pinball community.

Here's to wishing you and Janet all the success in the world.

#29 7 years ago

Congrats

#30 7 years ago

Congrats Art, and enjoy retirement! Also, congrats to the new owners!

#31 7 years ago

Congrats to all parties... It was exciting to hear that my favorite LED store is being passed from friend to friend, following me from FL to CO. Art has done an amazing job with the products, and Ryan has obviously caught a bad case of the pinball bug, so the enthusiasm for the products will continue!

#32 7 years ago

Congrats! I expect the same great service from the new owners!

#33 7 years ago

Where does a Floridian retire to?

#34 7 years ago

Congratulations Art!

Quoted from eh97ac:

Traveling abroad I would suppose

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I was working on some branding for you a while back just for shit and giggles. Congrats on the sale.

This. Is. Amazing.

We were just talking about a new logo...

#36 7 years ago

Congrats on the retirement Art!

Quoted from eh97ac:

Del boca vista.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Toronto?

Thank you, Everyone! A long day, a Great Dinner at PF Changs with Ryan, Janet, and Lisa!

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sijcolo:

When is Janet going to get on pinside

Here I am! When are the boys getting on Pinside? It's the next logical step in their education.

Quoted from flashinstinct:

Can I use it for a little while? It's beautiful!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Del boca vista.

Art didn't last long as the president of the condo association down there...

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Art didn't last long as the president of the condo association down there...

Art's new venture...

Vandelay Industries!

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Art's new venture...
    Vandelay Industries!

I thought he was going to pursue his dream of being a marine biologist

#42 7 years ago

....Theological Archaeology
    or a metal detector at the beach......

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Congrats on the retirement Art!

Del boca vista.

Can't move there; completely sold out.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Most move back to Michigan or New York.

#45 7 years ago

So happy for you Art. Now take the free time and figure out how to take care of yourself. I need my updates on portable vapes for years to come!

To the new owners: the legacy Art has built will keep me, for one, a loyal Comet customer and my go to place to send people. Best of luck with your future.

#46 7 years ago

Vapes...retirement.....sounds Great, Aurich! Im coming for a visit!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Art's new venture...
    Vandelay Industries!

He's retiring from the importing/exporting business remember.

#48 7 years ago

Well what can I say Art, the big day is finally here...Congratulations my friend. I hope you can FINALLY get a good nights sleep instead of sleeping on the sofa and answering emails at all hours of the day and night. I hope Lisa doesn't kick you out of the house cuz your driving her crazy being around ALL the time. Be a good boy for the doctors now that you have some time to follow their instructions. Call me in the evening anytime you want.

Also Congratulations to Ryan and Janet for taking over Arts baby. If you two find your working your butts off just remember Art did it all by himself.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

or a metal detector at the beach......

Don't do it Art. A guy holding you upside down by your ankles and shoving your face in the sand is highly overrated.

LTG : )

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Can't move there; completely sold out.

Del boca vista phase 2. The Costanzas are taking over the pool, the shuffleboard, etc...

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-comet-pinball-leds-has-new-owners?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.