(Topic ID: 215534)

Sold 3 of four machines ... What to do next...

By Balaraform

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What to do next..”

• Wait for a project posts. 5 votes
      21%
    • Buy one that is fun but not a long-term keeper 13 votes
      54%
    • Take the money from the pin fund and go on a vacation. 6 votes
      25%

(24 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I will be down to one machine come Saturday and picking up one the following weekend. My wife said I could get one more machine. Do I wait for one that I really want and can work on/semi restore? Or just buy one that I like but don’t love to fill the spot and hope to trade/sell when I find the right one?

#2 5 years ago

Buy four more. To replace the ones gone plus interest.

Tell wife you can't count. One looks like more.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Buy what ever you find cheap - fix it up and enjoy it for a while - sell for a small profit & repeat the process. After doing that a couple dozen times what you have in your collection will be free.

Being very honest I actually do it more to have a chance to enjoy lots of different machines and you really don't make a ton of money doing things that way but it is fun changing things out every few weeks or months if you don't mind doing the work.

#4 5 years ago

I'M GOIN TO DISNEYLAND

#5 5 years ago

I vote vacation. Go to Charleston or Savanna and go eat at the best restaurant in town. Take the wife out and live it up

#6 5 years ago

I hate polls that don't have my choice on them

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I hate polls that don't have my choice on them

Same here. My vote is sell the last one and get out while you can.
    If congo is the last one, keep it.

#8 5 years ago

if i only had two pins to choose from, i would go nuts

#9 5 years ago

What is your choice Wackybrakke? Give them to you?

I will have added the Simpsons to my
    Congo next weekend.

Everyone seems to want a Congo .... it is a fun machine maybe I should trade it and some cash for a scared stiff?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Balaraform:

I will have added the Simpsons to my
    Congo next weekend.

The Simpsons, or the Simpsons pinball party. I wouldn’t bother with the first. But TSPP is awesome.

I’d save for a nice nib when you see one you like.

#11 5 years ago

TSPP...my grail machine.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Balaraform:

My wife said I could get one more machine.

I'd start by buying pair of pants. And then wear them.

#14 5 years ago

I'd put the cash on a divorce attorney if my wife dictated how many games I could have (just talking big here because my wife won't see it)

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I'd start by buying pair of pants. And then wear them.

My wife doesn’t like me..... gotta keep it clean.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'd put the cash on a divorce attorney if my wife dictated how many games I could have (just talking big here because my wife won't see it)

Yes my wife said I could get more but I have to finish a couple of house things. But right now I have the option of one more.

Anyone have a WH2O that needs some work for a decent price?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Balaraform:

Everyone seems to want a Congo .... it is a fun machine maybe I should trade it and some cash for a scared stiff?

....a no brainer!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sold-3-of-four-machines-what-to-do-next?hl=balaraform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.