Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1bp.gif
mm8812 (resized).png
IMG_8663.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
IMG_4560.gif
IMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 months ago

31 pins -SOLD-

Thanks Pinside . This isn’t goodbye.

Thanks Troy

IMG_0306 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
#3 6 months ago

Congrats, great collection and I’m jealous of your space.

#4 6 months ago

man you weren't far away from me!

#5 6 months ago

Hope it goes well for Troy as many collections will need to be liquidated as time goes by fast it seems . Having a buyer for them all at once might be the best for all involved.

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

31 pins -SOLD-
Thanks Pinside . This isn’t goodbye.
Thanks Troy
[quoted image]

IMG_4560.gifIMG_4560.gif
#7 6 months ago

Glad this went off smoothly, never know might be a start of a beautiful friendship!

#8 6 months ago

Sometimes I wish I could get rid of all my junk this easy.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You just need to ask for some advice!

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

You just need to ask for some advice!

Hey man, I'm emotionally attached to my junk though.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah about that other shadow...

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Yeah about that other shadow...

Coming soon to an advice thread near you.

#13 6 months ago

Awesome for Troy. Great guy to deal with.

#14 6 months ago
Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#15 6 months ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

many collections will need to be liquidated as time goes by fast it seems.

What makes you think this?

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Like when that old dude that was holding onto that land across the street from Disneyland passed away. Yeah, like his kids had any use for that.

#17 6 months ago

My guess is that most collections of 25+ games are owned by guys that are 65 or older.

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:My guess is that most collections of 25+ games are owned by guys that are 65 or older.

EM collections perhaps. My guess is it is mostly GenX holding the large collections of more modern games.

But yeah, arthritis and liver failure can be a bitch.

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:It's pretty obvious, isn't it?
Like when that old dude that was holding onto that land across the street from Disneyland passed away. Yeah, like his kids had any use for that.

It didn’t seem like he was talking about demographics, the sentence was vague. The only guys with very large collections I have met are mid-40s, early 50s and have potentially fragile balance sheets.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Fair amount of us older guys with wifes and kids that dont wont the games or want to deal with this

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My guess is that most collections of 25+ games are owned by guys that are 65 or older.

I'm 48 but feel like I'm well over 65....

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:I'm 48 but feel like I'm well over 65....

I'm about to turn 62 and don't even know what that's supposed to feel like.

#23 6 months ago

I don't yet have a quarter million kicking around. Maybe someday I can pull this off.

Awesome sale. Kudos!

#24 6 months ago

I might have too sell my collection big bucks one day as I get older will happen as we all do

#25 6 months ago

I’ve already donated a few of my games to local children’s hospitals.
When I go, the remaining games will be auctioned off along with other possessions that my children have no desire to own.
It’s already included in the will.

#26 6 months ago

Power play: sell 31 pins for a $250k expansion/addition, then come back and post in 5 years with 62 pins

#27 6 months ago

Troy,
Please buy my collection for $250k as well, thanks.

#28 6 months ago

Nice to see this got done quickly and everyone appears to be happy with the outcome.

Congrats to both.

#29 6 months ago

Mike_J any interest in adopting a 37 year old? We won't tell my mom..

#31 6 months ago

This originally said, "insight75 can have the BBB"

#32 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

This originally said, "insight75 can have the BBB"

Hmm, says you already have one in your collection, guess it goes to me.

#33 6 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Power play: sell 31 pins for a $250k expansion/addition, then come back and post in 5 years with 62 pins

We never did get the "why", not that anyone is owed that. We are owed the insider stock tip though

#34 6 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

We never did get the "why"

Oh, I did.

And $250k is a lot of clams.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-have-reached-peak-pinball

#35 6 months ago

Sold my collection following a terminal diagnosis in 2021. Healthy again, for the time being, anyway, I look back on my “collector” days fondly. I have 3 now. And I’m a short drive from the Electric Bat Arcade, which feels like home.

#36 6 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

We never did get the "why", not that anyone is owed that. We are owed the insider stock tip though

The seller had an investment oppurtunity that came up and needed to come up with funds. This was a quick way to get the funds for that then

#37 6 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Sold my collection following a terminal diagnosis in 2021. Healthy again, for the time being, anyway, I look back on my “collector” days fondly. I have 3 now. And I’m a short drive from the Electric Bat Arcade, which feels like home.

Glad you're doing better Greg. Your collection was insane and your games were always jaw dropping. You've pretty much owned all of the best pins. Take care of yourself and Happy New Year!

#38 6 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Great to hear this! Thanks for sharing.

#39 6 months ago
Quoted from Tilt:

The seller had an investment oppurtunity that came up and needed to come up with funds. This was a quick way to get the funds for that then

Great too hear thanks for sharing

#40 6 months ago

I often wonder if I put all the money spent on pins into the S&P then how long would it take for me to get enough money to purchase what I have now. The opportunity cost would be the enjoyment of the pins now. Just thinking if he puts that $250k into the market then at what point will he have enough gains to purchase them all back? Or how much money would he have had now if he didn’t buy pins but instead put that money into a Vanguard in the first place.

#41 6 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I often wonder if I put all the money spent on pins into the S&P then how long would it take for me to get enough money to purchase what I have now. The opportunity cost would be the enjoyment of the pins now.

My theory is pinball is a fun, stocks or mutual funds are not. And when the stock market crashes I still have them to enjoy.

#42 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My theory is pinball is a fun, stocks or mutual funds are not. And when the stock market crashes I still have them to enjoy.

Agree. It would be more fun to take that the 250 to Vegas and put it all on Black.

#43 6 months ago

Glad it all worked out.

#44 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes portfolio's are great but at the end of the day just a piece of paper you get in the mail once a month

#45 6 months ago
Quoted from Tilt:

While it really was none of my business, I do like hearing a positive reasoning to make this a true win/win story.

#46 6 months ago
Quoted from Tilt:The seller had an investment oppurtunity that came up and needed to come up with funds.

Either you have a passion for pinball. Or you don't.

#47 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Either you have a passion for pinball. Or you don't.

Are you saying someone with that many games didn't have a passion for pinball? Life happens man, no need to judge. Glad it worked out for both the seller and the buyer.

#48 6 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Pin addiction management is a thing. Gets easier as you go.

Glad to hear your health is good again.

#49 6 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Quoted from o-din:

EM collections perhaps. My guess is it is mostly GenX holding the large collections of more modern games.
But yeah, arthritis and liver failure can be a bitch.

Quoted from sullivcd40:

It didn’t seem like he was talking about demographics, the sentence was vague. The only guys with very large collections I have met are mid-40s, early 50s and have potentially fragile balance sheets.

Didn’t realize I’ve aged almost 40 years overnight…

I turned 27 a few months ago and have 54 machines… just bought 2 more a couple hours ago, so 56. Then again, I run several arcades, so I’d be pretty bad at my business without them.
The only bad thing is it’s really not as exciting as it used to be, now it’s mainly work. Every new machine, while exciting, always brings new worries about what will inevitably break and how will it be fixed.

Still, I love this job, and I’m blessed to be able to do it.

#50 6 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

The only bad thing is it’s really not as exciting as it used to be, now it’s mainly work.

You know what they say….

If you turn your hobby into a job, you’ll never work another day in your life; or you’ll learn to hate your hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.