You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
IMG_9431 (resized).JPG
IMG_9432 (resized).JPG
IMG_9430 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My brother and I just picked up a beautiful specimen of Solar Ride. It is a Gottlieb Sys 1. When we got it the displays were out and low and behold it was only a fuse. However the fuse is only half the problem. When turning the game on sometimes the displays don't come on at all. Sometimes they come on but I'll notice the balls in play light and credit lights are stuck at 00 and don't change when credit is added. Upon pushing the start button the displays light up all character lines from their default of 0s. The third option is they come on and the game works fine. The board looks like it has been replaced by a previous owner and I've noticed some solder missing off the battery mod he did. I'm thinking I have some bad solder somewhere else he might have done. What controls the displays? Am I on the right track?

2 months later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You could wire one of the coin drop switches (below the coin mech) to the start button. That should give you a credit everytime you start a game.
Though, this would only work if the RAM at least held memory when you turned off the game.
Can you use your voltmeter and make sure you have 3.6v on the red/black batteru wires where they are soldered into the MPU board?

Funny you should bring this topic back.
Just a week or so ago we just simply changed out the battery holder that was on the game when we purchased it for a new one.
Now the game remembers credits and shows them in the credit window.
However it refuses to show the high score to date or the matching numbers at the end of a game.
When the game goes to show the high score to date the top left dmd is just completely blank, as is the match display window.
But very happy that the game now remembers credits as that was the biggest issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-ride-display-help-gtlb-sys-1?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.