You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0286 (resized).jpg
IMG_0288 (resized).jpg
monthly_03_2016_cdb42205f1e5c25feabb3c630bfa7e18-screen_dt (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

I am, as the title would suggest, gauging interest on reproduction playfields for Solar Fire. They are certainly rare and valuable enough to be worth it and I have yet to see a SF that doesn't need it. The only real hurdle would be to find a perfect enough example for scans. I'm in for two, who else would love for someone like Mirco to work on this next?

Hate to make mine a white-wood as it's just about that bad...

monthly_03_2016_cdb42205f1e5c25feabb3c630bfa7e18-screen_dt (resized).jpg
#3 8 months ago

i'll support how I can. My playfields aren't very good so i can't help with scans. We also need plastics for this game. I'm definitely in on reproductions.

2 months later
#4 5 months ago

Yep

#5 5 months ago

Yes, definitely...

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from thegamedoc:

who else would love for someone like Mirco to work on this next?

Go with CPR rather than Mirco, the quality is not up to par with Mirco. It's a gamble and high chance the artwork is flawed and glaring errors are left in place when Mirco rushes to dump their product on the market.

1 week later
#7 5 months ago

I've already spoken to Stu and Kevin at length about a SF playfield reproduction from CPR. You would think since they already did the backglass that they would be more willing to make the playfield - but they are NOT. The relatively low production numbers of SF coupled with the fact that this is a multilevel playfield (which requires more wood per set) is the reason. I am sitting on an NOS playfield that has already been cleared by Kruzman. Since the reproduction is probably never going to happen, I have started to populate the underside of my playfields. It's a shame really because I believe there are a lot of fanatical SF fans and every game out there needs a new playfield. I think they are making a mistake but I have given up on the prospect of having repros made. I would like two sets myself for future projects.

IMG_0286 (resized).jpgIMG_0288 (resized).jpg
#8 5 months ago

Any chance you got a good scan of the play fields before you started attaching stuff?

3 months later
#9 42 days ago

It took them ages to sell the backglass, not surprised they won't do the playfield.
However I could be interested in one.

4 weeks later
#10 13 days ago

would love to have a good scan we could do overlay or wood printing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside