(Topic ID: 122102)

Solar City Won't Start a New Game! Halp!

By Spacewalker

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello EMPinside. New to pinball got a working Solar City and a Doozie for my EM collections. Solar City was working awesome playing great but this happened and I haven't played a game in a month. I've read all the manuals, and online things but can't really figure it out still. Any advice on what to do and troubleshoot? I've had a friend help come and replace all coils, and we made every switch work correctly (i think) and flexstone thing on them to clean.

So the machine powers on and when you hit the start game button it makes a loud "ga gunk" sound. The scoring motor on left does a full turn and then nothing happens. The game does not give power to the coil that launches the ball into the lane and gives power to the machine or scoring after this happens. It does reset the score if i add points however. We did get it working to the point once where it added a ball and you could plunge it but there was no power to the flippers. The fuses are all good as well.

I appreciate you all in advance! Thanks.
Spacewalker

#2 6 years ago

Any chance you could post a video of what it's doing?

#3 6 years ago

Otherwise, things to check are:

- Ball Return switch (the switch that closes when the ball sits in the outhole)
- 15th position switch on the Bonus Unit
- First Ball relay (DX) make/break switch

(there are five more switches in the path to the Ball Return relay 'O', but can start here.)

On your schematic, you can see the complete path at around index 15 (right side of schematic, towards bottom).

The goal would be to debug why the Ball Return relay (O) isn't activating, which is what causes the Ball Return coil to fire and kick the ball over to the plunger.

However, if 'O' is activating, but the Ball Return coil still isn't firing, then that's a different debug path.

(which is why a video would be helpful, to see what all is happening.)

#4 6 years ago

I have machine coming on for both 1 or 2 players.
Ball loads but playfield is dead. No flippers also.

Let me post video here. Thanks dirt flipper.

#5 6 years ago

After the ball kicks over to the shooter, what's displayed on the backbox? Is Player 1 Ball 1 lit? Or is it showing Game Over?

(or if you could include that in a vid, great.)

#6 6 years ago

Check if there are any cold solder points where the jones plugs are in the backbox?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside