You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0399.JPG
SolarCityScoreMotor.JPG
DSCN0322.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spanishsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Having a problem with my score motor on my solar city It seems the score motor is just stopping short of the home position. If I push the score motor forward just maybe an 1/8 of an inch game plays until score motor has to advance again. Each time I have to move score motor to get it to the home position. Which switch is opening early stopping score motor short. Any ideas. Thanks

#3 10 years ago

Ok got the score motor home position adjusted. Score motor stops and all switches on playfield score and work. Problem now is ball does not get kicked out after reset and ball 1 is not lit. Checked player unit and there is no power going to the ball 1 contact on player unit. All wires look fine no loose wires. Its got me stumped. Machine resets fine but no ball is kicked out. Any ideas. Thanks

#4 10 years ago

Worked on it last night for a while. Got it to the point where it will start a game everything resets fine. Here are the problems left.
When the ball gets kicked to shooter lane it is a very weak kick.
Player unit never advances when first ball drains so its a continuous game on ball 1

What power the player unit and makes it advance machine does coin up for 2 players fine so thats working fine. Do you think the bonus unit may be culprit. That zeros out fine once ball crosses trough switch. Thanks

#5 10 years ago

Ok figure out kick out problem spring was missing. Also figured out player unit problem it was a missaligned switch on N relay.
The only problem left is it gives 2 first balls 2 second balls and so on up to the 5th ball. When 5th ball drains score motor continues to turn and not go i to game over. Coins up to 2 players and ball count works properly. Any ideas.

#6 10 years ago

Heres a pic of the wiper off my bonus unit. Dont the 2 wipers have to be wired together to a ground that screws to wiper disc. Heres a pic of mine. Doesnt look right. Anybody got a pic of their bonus unit in a solar city. Thanksimage.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Ok fixed bonus unit with a new wire. The machine is stuck in 2 player mode all the time i cant get it to go into single player. Also when game ends score motor runs continuously.

#9 10 years ago

Got it working in 1 and 2 player mode. Turned out to be N relay out of adjustment. Only problem left is the game doesnt go into game over mode. On last ball score motor just keeps running after it drains.

#10 10 years ago

Fixed O relay was gapped too wide. Up and running 100%.

Quoted from Darcy:

If you can wait for another 6 hours, I will send a photo of mine. Hopefully some one else might be sooner with a pic, or advice. There should be a connecting wire on the wipers, I think. On IPDB there is a photo of the back box interior, of a Solar City. The photo is not the right angle for the unit to be seen perfectly.

If I can get a pic of that bonus unit that would be great. All sides and which rivet is the starting position. Thanks

#12 10 years ago

Thats the player unit. Any chance of pics of bonus unit under playfield. Thanks.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks so much. Got it running 100%.

#16 10 years ago

Resolution is above pic of bonus unit. Combination of O an N relay out of adjustment along with switches on bonus unit.

#18 10 years ago

Let me correct myself it was a combination of the bonus unit switch not being adjusted right and B and O relay adjustments. Not the N relay. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spanishsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-score-motor-home-switch?tu=Spanishsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.