You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0399.JPG
SolarCityScoreMotor.JPG
DSCN0322.JPG
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayCee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

G'day, since it's holiday and I've got some spare time, I've decided to try and get my Solar City working. It has the good old "score motor won't stop" affliction. I stumbled upon this thread, which has provided some insight, however I'm still having problems. I suspect I may have a broken actuator on the score motor at 4D (circled in photo) but I can't be sure i.e. is 4D mean't to be open at home position as in the photo? Perhaps someone a photo of their score motor they can post so I can compare? I'm waiting for schematics from PBResource, but, given the time of year, (and the fact I'm in Australia and they don't take CC) I may be in for quite a long wait.
SolarCityScoreMotor.JPGSolarCityScoreMotor.JPG

#22 10 years ago

Thanks Darcy, for the photo and the quick advice! As per your PM and photo, the leaf switch actuator is correct. Thanks for the link as well - Clay's 'Gottlieb EM pinball repair' site is a fantastic source of info.

The wire on switch 3 is actually connected, a higher resolution photo shows the wire connected to the switch blade I've made good progress, having fixed a changeover on AX not working properly and a stuck-on drop target switch. Also, my tilt hold coil is open circuit so I've had to bypass it with a rubber band. I actually got the machine to reset and play a single ball after that! Of course, after the ball drained, the score motor went nuts again and the bonus unit keeps trying to blast points at me! I've found a bunch of roach eggs around the player unit so I'll give it a clean out.

#24 10 years ago

Thanks for the good advice, Garrett. This is my second EM, the first being a Bally Expressway, which is very reliable. I bought Solar City in junk condition a few months ago, it had been stored in a garage in a beachside suburb for years. After spending a few more hours on Solar City cleaning contacts and units with mixed results, I'd have to agree with your analysis. There's a lot more work to be done yet to get it working reliably, but I'm confident that it is doable. I started my career in the 80's as a photocopier technician, and the similarities between EM pinballs and the old photocopier mechanicals is amazing. At least I don't have perished rubber tubing and liquid toner to deal with!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayCee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-score-motor-home-switch?tu=JayCee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.