Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sped372
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Working another issue on the Solar City...

Game intermittently plays "past" the last ball, regardless of 1p or 2p game. Sometimes the game ends properly with "game over" lighting and no further action once the final ball drains. Other times, the machine cycles again after the final ball (set to 5 currently) drains, kicks the ball to the outlane, and vomits a random amount of points to the player 1 reels. It's possible to continue playing from this point although the ball count lights are not lit. It's like it skipped the "game over" state and continued without resetting back to Ball 1 (although the playfield does reset). The random additions to the score reels are really strange though (typically 10-20k but not just the 10k reel, they all move).

I have the schematic and believe I've checked the relevant switches on the BX line. I should also mention that the game correctly activates 2x bonus so it "knows" when it's on ball 5.

I feel like I need to be looking at the player unit but am looking for guidance while I keep checking things, thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Another clue... in this state, (after the final ball), if I manually tap rollovers or standups - multiple score reels move simultaneously. Once that ball drains and the game goes even FURTHER past ball 5 (it would now be on ball 7 technically) the scoring works properly (playfield switches score the proper score reels, not multiple reels at the same time).

#3 2 years ago

I just went through the same issue, check your Player Unit. I had all those same issues and it came down to my Player Unit being out of whack. First, it was not in the correct starting position and then, the board with the wipers was loose and they would slide out of position

Alberto

#4 2 years ago

Hm, I don't think anything is terribly out of whack since it plays properly around 50% of the time. It sure seems like there is probably a borderline-adjusted switch somewhere that I need to file and/or tweak a bit.

#5 2 years ago

Does the Game Over light come on when it plays past the last ball? It sounds like your Q/Game Over relay isn't firing reliably. If it doesn't activate the ball would be returned to the shooter lane.

/Mark

#6 2 years ago

No, the game over light does not come on when it's behaving incorrectly.

#7 2 years ago

When if ever does the Last Ball relay (BX) trip?

#8 2 years ago

So now it's playing correctly nearly all the time, these intermittent issues are hard to diagnose when they don't happen constantly! We'll see if it comes back more consistently so I can track it down better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-plays-past-final-ball?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.