• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My machine just started doing all of these things at the same time:

Slingshot bells stopped working
Will not add 2nd player. Machine just recycles player 1.
End drop target on 5 target bank resets but immediately goes back down.

I am new to this so please be patient. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 6 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6).

#3 6 years ago

For the drop target issue, I'd suggest you turn the machine off, remove lock bar and playfield glass, lift playfield and prop it up using the bar. Then see if the target is broken or not, if any springs attached to it are broken or have popped off. Comparing the end target to some of the other targets. Also, manually move the drop target reset mechanism to see if u can get the end drop target to reset and stay up as it should or not.
Does the action seem smooth trying to reset the target bank? Does the coil sleeve need to be cleaned or replaced?

#4 6 years ago

An additional reminder that those drop target reset mechanisms run off of 120V of wall voltage. Turn off or even unplug machine before tinkering.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Erpster:

My machine just started doing all of these things at the same time:
Slingshot bells stopped working
Will not add 2nd player. Machine just recycles player 1.
End drop target on 5 target bank resets but immediately goes back down.
I am new to this so please be patient. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi Erpster , welcome to pinside!

When you say "Slingshot" I understand you to mean the kickers just above the flippers. The schematic calls them "kicking rubbers".
What's the 10 point relay in the backbox doing before and when you activate the kicking rubbers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-help-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.