Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi, im fixing a Solar City that dont reset. After pushing the replay button, start relay, hold relay and AX relay puls in and the motor start running but score reels do not reset. What could be? The player unit dont move.
If I manually move few steps the player unit it resets the thousands but the motor keep running.

thanks

#2 2 years ago

From the Manual. Operating Instructions. Just the top 4 steps that may apply to your rest problem.

1. Insert coin or push replay button actuates 'S Relay'.
2. S Relay will lock in through motor switch 2B.
3. S Relay starts the motor running.
4. AX Relay actuates through switches on DX and S Relays. Q Relay will de energize when AX Relay operates.
5. When AX Relay is actuated the score units and player unit reset sequence. The 1st player score units reset to zero through the P3 switch stack on the player unit and motor switch 1A. When these units reach zero the player unit steps once.

If you manually pre-set all of the score reels to zero, will the game continue to re-set?

#3 2 years ago

I would follow what Darcy said, but is your player unit clean? Sounds like you moving it helped it get in tune for resetting a score reel. Since it's only one of the bunch though (even those they reset separately at times) it is likely elsewhere.

#4 2 years ago

Hi, thanks Darcy and Otaku. My player unit its clean and if I set all score reels to zero the motor just keep running, the problem is not there. But trying to figure out why the player unit dont move looking for reset, I touched and cleaned again the P relay (player unit relay) and voila! the game resets properly now. I dont have the squematics to see if the P relay must be NC to the player unit can move.

But, the problem I have now is that the game plays always in ball 1, no matter how many balls drains.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

I touched and cleaned again the P relay (player unit relay) and voila! the game resets properly now.

The 'P Relay' is the 'Add Player Unit'.

#6 2 years ago

To continue with re-set,

5. The 2nd player score units reset through the P4 switch stack on the player unit, and motor switch 1A. When these units reach zero the player unit steps until switch P5B opens..

6. When P5A on the player unit closes, 'AX' and 'BX' relays reset through motor 4C and switches on 'DX' and 'R' relay. Reset cycle should be complete.

That is a few more items to inspect.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks, the reset issue is solved.
But do you know why my game is stuck in player one ball one? what makes the game go to ball 2, 3, 4, 5, thanks.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

But do you know why my game is stuck in player one ball one?

Check the 'DX' Relay, it is the First Ball Relay.

Check the Trough Switch is it closing when the ball rolls over it? The trough switch is normally open, clean it, adjust it, if needed.

The Player Unit controls the ball count, along with the lights on the backglass.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

I dont have the squematics to see if the P relay must be NC to the player unit can move.

P Relay has a normally open switch. On the Green-White wire.

#10 2 years ago

Thanks Darcy, the game reset ok now. But its stay in ball one and only kick the ball from the outhole one time. I can play ball one, but at the end it didnt count the bonus and stays there. Nothing happens after first ball.
Heres a video:

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

Nothing happens after first ball.

Gottlieb calls the out hole, 'Ball Return Kicker'. 'O Relay' is for the ball return.

When the ball lands in the Ball Return hole it closes a switch which is under the playfield. When that switch is activated it starts the 'DX Relay', then the ball is held there until the 15th position is closed on the Bonus Unit. Until the Bonus Unit is completed its stepping, the game will not activate the Ball Return Kicker.

Check the switch, DX Relay, and Bonus Unit Stepper, in your video I could not hear the Bonus Stepper moving. The Bonus Unit is attached to the underside of the playfield.

#12 2 years ago

Hi, I re checked the DX relay and now the bonus are counted and the ball popped to the outlane, but the game its still on Ball number 1.
The under arch switch is making contact, but the player unit doesn't move.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

but the player unit doesn't move.

Is there a chance that the Player Unit is stuck, wire broken off, coil wire broken off. Can you move the unit to the next step, next ball, by hand? Switches on the Player Unit, out of adjustment? (open instead of closed?).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hardware
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside