• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-04-04 121345 (resized).jpg
3DBA6DF0-CFF5-43B6-A1A3-42F464072B40 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Working with a buddy to debug an issue with a Solar City. During gameplay, the Bonus Reset coil will lock up while the ball is in play. There is no specific action that makes it happen either, it will engage and start buzzing as you are playing.

Looking at the circuit that controls the Bonus Reset, the only switch controlling it is a NO switch from the P relay stack. Looking at the P relay, I’m thinking it could be that the Trough switch is gapped too close and it’s touching during gameplay, pausing the P coil to energize and locking itself through the NO P switch.

Am I correct in my assessment?

Is there something else in the path that could be making the Bonus Reset coil energize?

Alberto

3DBA6DF0-CFF5-43B6-A1A3-42F464072B40 (resized).jpeg3DBA6DF0-CFF5-43B6-A1A3-42F464072B40 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

You should look for the subtract bonus coil on the schematic and post that snippet.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

You should look for the subtract bonus coil on the schematic and post that snippet.

I don’t have the schematic with me now, but the connection is a simple one. There is only one switch in the path of the Bonus Reset coil, a Normally Open switch on the P relay stack.

Alberto

#4 1 year ago

Is the P relay engaging? That should start the score motor which would at some point should kill the P relay, perhaps at least briefly releasing the reset bonus coil in question. Is the NO switch (or lugs or wire) on P that feeds the reset bonus coil the one simply gapped too closely?

Screenshot 2022-04-04 121345 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-04 121345 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

#6 1 year ago

That is another option. Kind of a chicken and egg things. Is it the Trough switch or the P lock-in switch?

I’ll have my buddy use a piece of paper to isolate one vs the other

Thanks

Alberto

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-bonus-reset-coil-locking-up-during-gameplay- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.