00CE3589-00A3-4C62-8B14-A99E378C4FAD (resized).jpeg
FF153F04-4ABF-469E-A3C7-C1CAEA7BB24C (resized).jpeg
B079F154-8A91-4F4A-993B-A412D1A5FD70 (resized).jpeg
23C1410B-CA8A-4D22-A80B-6B5BF2C7068D (resized).jpeg
solar ciy (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20525DD0-C186-4AE0-8109-024EC38D5710 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blibb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

you're missing the white tubular switch lifter on the switch blade and your ratchet is installed incorrectly.
the length of the switch lifter is critical for reliable operation ... too short and you won't be able to adjust the switches correctly (don't ask how I know that).
you should be able to hold in the reset coil plunger, spin the ratchet counter-clockwise and when you let go, it whizzes back to the stop bracket argosysk mentioned and stops. The pin on the ratchet only pushes the switch blades when the unit is stepped up to the top step (15 steps counter-clockwise).
below is blibb's pic from another solar city topic showing the ratchet in the unit reset position.
if ya get a chance, can you post a picture of the score motor? Either the timing diagram on the schematic for switch 4D is wrong or I have an odd score motor configuration on a solar city.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Peruman:

Stepper now works properly but the count is slow. Thanks for all the help with this. Plenty of posts here on the slow bonus sweep, lots to debug.
Alberto

Congratulations Alberto! You're one step closer. The slow count is exactly the issue I was dealing with, so follow baldtwit 's advice for me, and you should end up with a machine gun stepper as well. The game is so much better with fast, accurate, scoring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blibb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solar-city-ball-1-5-lights-not-working?tu=blibb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.