This is likely wrong.
They need to be adjusted slightly left or right to line up with the rivets while close to the center position.
Set up your stepper as follows:
1. Put your screws close to the center of the slots, like this. Only lightly screw it on, so you can still move it.StartingScrewPosition.JPG
2. Manually activate the reset coil. This is the one closest to the playfield, with the bakelite link.
3. Align your followers to the rivet as shown below. NOTE: YOU ARE ON THE SECOND RIVET.
Note in the above picture, this is not completely centered on the starting rivet. Begin by centering it, but you may need to cheat it to be sure it stops on every rivet.
4. Now, step the stepper using the count up plunger. The other coil on the unit. Check at every position to see that it is on a rivet. You may not end up totally centered on every rivet, but you need to have good contact with each one.
5. When you get to 15 steps, your last position should look like this:
6. Adjust as required to get this to happen.
You are now half done. Now you need to adjust the switch stack and make sure it is right. This is by far the biggest pain in the ass, making an AX relay look like child's play.
When you are in the reset (or 1-14 position for that matter) your switch stack should look like this:
Note that the far left and far right switches are closed. The middle switch is open.
When you get to position 15, your stack should look like this:
Note that the middle switch is closed and the far left and far right are open.
IF all this is set up right, you should get 15 bonus counts and it should fire off like a machine gun. Do anything wrong and you will miss bonus counts or the unit will fire very slowly.