(Topic ID: 343047)

So…JJP has time to create elaborate accessory packages but not code?

By PanzerFreak

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

weak.gif
IMG_4168.jpeg
code.gif
Pinside_forum_7644948_0 (resized).jpg
3924824F-9785-457E-AAC2-B86C5D53CF7A (resized).jpeg
vbvbv (resized).png
Game-Rules-Flow-Chart-c8bc4466 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-09-13 100251 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7572681_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4012 (resized).jpeg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

GNR could be one of the best games ever if it wasn't for the effing code. Beautiful game.

And a layout without a truly memorable shot.

My GnR is thus gone, but as a dedicated customer (5 other JJP games currently owned) JJP's lack of POTC final code update(s), and general communications for that matter (whatever happened to their podcast?!), is ... concerning.

#52 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Honest question as I only have casual knowledge of the rules: what is GNR missing?

To add on.

The 4 booster multiballs, Make Some Noise Multiball, Throw the Lights Multiball, Ignite the Flames Multiball, and Turn it Up Multiball all suck and are boring soulless modes. No game should give the player a feeling of giving out random multiballs but GNR excels at it. Each of those 4 multiballs should be rewritten to be more meaningful, with actual mode choreography, and you know actually be fun.

#53 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Honest question as I only have casual knowledge of the rules: what is GNR missing?

Could use a few more multiballs.

#54 10 months ago

Thank you to whoever commented on JJP's latest Facebook GNR marketing post and to the people complaining about a lack of code updates for the game.

If JJP wanted an easy way to increase game sales they would release a substantial code update for the game. Marketing posts alone are not going to do anything at this point.

vbvbv (resized).pngvbvbv (resized).png

#55 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Could use a few more multiballs.

3924824F-9785-457E-AAC2-B86C5D53CF7A (resized).jpeg3924824F-9785-457E-AAC2-B86C5D53CF7A (resized).jpeg
#56 10 months ago

700 days of no GNR code updates is the main topic and headline of Kaneda's latest show. Lots of great points. People are fed up! Glad this is getting more and more attention across this community.

#57 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

700 days of no GNR code updates is the main topic and headline of Kaneda's latest show. Lots of great points. People are fed up! Glad this is getting more and more attention across this community.

I have been really impressed with some (maybe all) of the updates on the first 4 games. WHY POTC never made it out of beta(??!??!) I don’t understand. Why are there not more updates, I don’t get it. I think JJP needs to be looking at whether or not Keith is the right guy to lead the teams. I’m not sure if he’s there any more but they had Ted Estes for Christ’s sake. They could be using simulation/automated use testing like some of the other companies. Yes I will interview for the job. Bring it. Meet my current salary with ownership percentage. I’ve long thought BotTango has a place in simplifying pinball code, so that’s my innovation.

#58 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... Yes I will interview for the job. Bring it. Meet my current salary with ownership percentage. I’ve long thought BotTango has a place in simplifying pinball code, so that’s my innovation.

You GO sir!

#59 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Set them apart from whom exactly?

Bally Whom, by chance?

Pinside_forum_7644948_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7644948_0 (resized).jpg
#60 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have been really impressed with some (maybe all) of the updates on the first 4 games. WHY POTC never made it out of beta(??!??!) I don’t understand. Why are there not more updates, I don’t get it....

New ownership and investors in late 2015 (Brett and Leonard Abess). Hobbit and Dialed-In were already in progress and made it out before the new owners were able to fully screw up the company.

#61 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

GNR could be one of the best games ever if it wasn't for the effing code. Beautiful game.

but instead, its one of the worst. i can't even turn mine on i hate it that bad. 60 plays in 2-3 yrs, sits turned off collecting dust.

#62 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

but instead, its one of the worst. i can't even turn mine on i hate it that bad. 60 plays in 2-3 yrs, sits turned off collecting dust.

Hopefully it's the upgraded model; The SE is absolutely unplayabley bad.

Ha, Remember when JJP only had "1 model." Yikes.

Quoted from MrBally:

Bally Whom, by chance?

you're Welcum!

#63 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

The way JJP has handled the code for GNR and others doesn't sit well for future game sales. Myself and others are not going to spend $12k - $15k on a product that isn't properly supported with updates. It's far too risky to buy a game at these prices and not know if the code will ever be properly completed and polished.

#64 10 months ago
code.gifcode.gif
1 week later
#65 9 months ago

2.0 update for GNR is out! After 700+ days of no code updates we get an audio equalizer and ScoreBit is removed…

IMG_4168.jpegIMG_4168.jpeg

#66 9 months ago

weak.gifweak.gif

#67 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

2.0 update for GNR is out! After 700+ days of no code updates we get an audio equalizer and ScoreBit is removed…
[quoted image]

WOW Coin Door Ball Saver added stern had that for like 10+ years and Coin Door Tilt Disable added.

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

WOW Coin Door Ball Saver added stern had that for like 10+ years and Coin Door Tilt Disable added.

2.0!

#69 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Little more than that but I have to agree it's VERY disappointing. I think using the word "update" is misleading .... maybe "tweaks" is better.

=== Game Code
* updated Skill Shot logic
* improved ball search logic
* various bug fixes and tweaks

=== Core Code
* added audio equalizer
* removed Scorbit
* updated the software update installer
* improved sensor calibration
* user can now press ENTER to refresh the Diag/Hardware Info screen
* improvements for taking a picture
* Diag Menu - rearranged some things and added some new sub-menus
* rearranged some things in System Settings to group them together
+ abandon ball search and put up a message when chase ball is OFF
+ add adjustment Coin Door Ball Search Pause, defaults ON. when on, the game
will not attempt a ball search while the coin door is open
+ add adjustment Coin Door Ball Saver, defaults ON. when on, the game will
save any balls in play at the time of opening the coin door
+ collect balls will NOT timeout if chase ball is OFF
+ add adjustment Coin Door Tilt Disable, defaults OFF. when on, the game will
ignore the plumb tilt while the coin door is open

#70 9 months ago

I don't own a JJP but seeing these type of threads make me think that maybe it's a good thing. Their games don't sound complete.

#71 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Little more than that but I have to agree it's VERY disappointing. I think using the word "update" is misleading .... maybe "tweaks" is better.

game tweaks and an OS / core update.

the full 2.0 install has the full OS update so it can run on newer PC hardware.

JJP any way to have 1.90 run do-release-upgrade to have an place OS update without an full image reload?

#72 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:Little more than that but I have to agree it's VERY disappointing. I think using the word "update" is misleading .... maybe "tweaks" is better.

Looks like changes/enhancements to the core system made for newer games made available to older games. But not game code, so not what most would consider an update.

#73 9 months ago
Quoted from spoke:

Looks like changes/enhancements to the core system made for newer games made available to older games. But not game code, so not what most would consider an update.

but the audio equalizer!!!

#74 9 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

I don't own a JJP but seeing these type of threads make me think that maybe it's a good thing. Their games don't sound complete.

Wonka, dialed in, woz, hobbit, TS4 codes are complete to my knowledge. Potc is only missing a final wizard mode or shot.

#75 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Wonka, dialed in, woz, hobbit, TS4 codes are complete to my knowledge. Potc is only missing a final wizard mode or shot.

Dialed In may be code complete, but it doesn't have a proper ending after you beat the final wizard mode. It simply starts the game over and says nothing. It would have been nice if it ended the story.

It also could use a rules update to fix some of the scoring issues.

#76 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Pirates has many character rules tweaks in beta.

#77 9 months ago

yeah gnr is the last of my 4 jjp's. was a big supporter up until the gnr joke came out. only way i'll support them is with finishing game codes. nobody gave a F#ck about the sound of gnr. it was fine as/is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

21,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dawsonville, GA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,778 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.