Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by seawolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will eggbert52 get killed while in Chicago?”

• Yes 5 votes
      19%
    • No 9 votes
      33%
    • Only if he reveals his username to a fellow Pinsider! 13 votes
      48%

(27 votes)

#1 11 years ago

Going to Chicago on March 4th through the 6th. I'll buy all the drinks if any of the Pinsiders want to hang out.

Also, what is the best place to play some pinball while in town? I'll be staying at the Conrad.

Thanks!!

#2 11 years ago

Enchanted Castle in Lombard.

http://goo.gl/maps/KhcZ3

#3 11 years ago

Where in the city are you going to be? If you are heading to the Northern burbs at some point during your trip, give me a shout out.

#4 11 years ago

There's a nice bar in Granville called "The Anvil." Lots of balls flying around there.

#5 11 years ago

BIG difference between visiting Chicago and the Chicago Area when it comes to pinball. Where ya staying? Going to have a car?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

BIG difference between visiting Chicago and the Chicago Area when it comes to pinball. Where ya staying? Going to have a car?

Conrad Hotel...and I'll have a car. Up for meeting some fellow Pinsiders so let's see if we can make it happen.

I know the guys that voted for the third option really love me...right?...right?

Oh and I'm serious about the drinks guys. Willing to pick up the bar tab to an extent ($500 or so).

Always good meeting nice peeps.

#7 11 years ago

Its amazing that in a city with gun control we are fighting for the number one murder city in the US but we just can't seem to edge NYC. I guess it makes sense, considering they have stricter gun control policies. Funny the opposite effect the strict gun laws in Chicago make to our murder rate. That aside, there are a few places that have been mentioned that would be great spots, I won't be in town or I would meet up and take you around.

#8 11 years ago

In the city: Bottom Lounge & Logan Hardware. Emporium has a few Sterns, possibly all Avengers?

Suburbs: Brixies is the only place I've been to. Top notch selection as far as I know.

If you're gonna do one of the places in the city, I'd be up to meet up with some Pinsiders. After all, for as much as I waste time on here, I can only put a few local faces with names.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I know the guys that voted for the third option really love me...right?...right?

Oh man, by the poll results perhaps you shouldnt have mentioned where you are staying!

#10 11 years ago

Emporium does have a few Sterns. Condition of the machines is hit or miss though.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

If you're gonna do one of the places in the city, I'd be up to meet up with some Pinsiders. After all, for as much as I waste time on here, I can only put a few local faces with names.

In the city Ill come too!

#12 11 years ago

OK sounds great...I definitely need to go check out Glen Ellen where I used to live on Wednesday but Tuesday afternoon/night are wide open.

Maybe I'll drive back with a pin??

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

OK sounds great...I definitely need to go check out Glen Ellen where I used to live on Wednesday but Tuesday afternoon/night are wide open.
    Maybe I'll drive back with a pin??

Perhaps we can do a fun little single elimination tournament in your honor. I've been dying to put this Brackalope app to use.

#14 11 years ago

Me visiting a fellow Pinsider's house in Chicago:

#15 11 years ago

I'm In I would like to meet some of you guys in person

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soim-going-to-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.