(Topic ID: 201949)

So........I bought a Fire Truck! What crazy things have you bought?

By Grateful_Pin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sarge
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171203_164737 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
E7299CDE-3971-4C0A-83ED-8032C09ABF43 (resized).jpeg
C32A5C4A-A55C-49B6-BFFA-C3345CE41073 (resized).jpeg
CC0181A0-307C-446B-8A53-AB2338B1ACB5 (resized).jpeg
6D45B954-BA80-42AD-9D3F-F110443E441A (resized).jpeg
A38339C1-780D-4A2F-9D6B-15090C78C067 (resized).jpeg
09CF7B1F-C0BF-4DA0-956D-78E4876EC1D1 (resized).jpeg
20170101_190755~2 (resized).jpg
C57AF570-6678-471A-9829-284F8E019832 (resized).jpeg
16245A3C-59B1-447E-A95E-1526A2ECB360 (resized).jpeg
99EE5E49-CE47-4F2C-9C11-1C94DD4EC51C (resized).png
4f365bae-1fae-41ab-9262-bf40f00ea131_fullsize (resized).jpg
A162621A-E98C-41F8-A035-472504951488 (resized).png
1361BB20-8BFF-41A5-BCE5-4284535AD87E (resized).png
99CB5178-762C-4D14-863A-1BEEA0C157CA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

Hahaha That first post cracks me up!!!! On a different level, I completely understand! haha I've bought and sold stuff while I was on pain meds in the past..Or while drinking.....It just makes you happy and generous!

Dude!!!! That's awesome!!!!

I can't even compare! I've never been in the position to buy a Fire truck! But If I ever was? I'm sure I would!

Too funny!!! Awesome though!! And would be awesome advertisement!

#25 6 years ago

I'm still trying to think of something crazy I've bought.....Nothing that compares to the Fire truck! My wife is sitting here laughing....She said "Yep...If you had the cash that would be you!"

I did get a "Track Bike" to motorcycle race. You know, where they drag their knee....It sat in my garage, I started it a few times, it sat in storage for years, I just sold it last spring. I NEVER even rode the thing around the block. looked cool though!!!

I'm getting older and it scared the hell out of me. I'm not 20 anymore!

But it was cool as hell! People would walk in the garage and say "coool!!! You have a race bike" ......Ya but I never told them it even scared me to ride.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Bensen Gyro-Copter
WTF was I thinking...

That looks fun!!!

#42 6 years ago

I just remembered a few other dumb purchases....

When I lived at home with my Dad.....I had a little money in my pocket. A guy was selling a 29ft(or something like that) travco motor home. It was $1200. Of course I had to have it! I had visions of a rolling party house! Of course I looked past everything else! Finally got it home...It wouldn't fit down the driveway between the house and a tree. Stored it for a while and had to unload it on someone else with big dreams.

Was on a construction site...A guy couldn't get a huge scissors lift running right. I was on the same job and heard him say "I'd take $400 for this right now." Well!!!! Hey!! I have 400 bucks!!!

Big thing, old dry rotted tires, only two of the hydraulic drive motors worked. I borrowed a car trailer....Pulled it on the trailer and flattened it into the axles. Had to get a friend rent and bring a real trailer to move the thing......We went straight to the scrap yard with it since I couldn't move it on my own. Lost money on that deal by the time said and done and only had it for a couple days....

added.......Holy cow!! This thread and I'm banging my head knowing I've made some odd purchases!!!! The paperwork for the biggest one of my life is next to me!!!!!!!! I bought 40 acres of lake front property where the land is expensive!!! Like 60 thousand a lot..... So, I stole this at $2500 an acre!!!!? So, I thought........I've had it since around 05 and still haven't gotten a legal way in yet! It's land locked!

I was going to make huge money on that deal!!! And most realtors won't even touch it with no legal access. Maybe? I'll get it one day!

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

<blockquote cite="#.Holy cow!! This thread and I'm banging my head knowing I've made some odd purchases!!!! The paperwork for the biggest one of my life is next to me!!!!!!!! I bought 40 acres of lake front property where the land is expensive!!! Like 60 thousand a lot..... So, I stole this at $2500 an acre!!!!? So, I thought........I've had it since around 05 and still haven't gotten a legal way in yet! It's land locked!
I was going to make huge money on that deal!!! And most realtors won't even touch it with no legal access. Maybe? I'll get it one day!
Go around to each of the surrounding property owners and tell them you would like to make a deal with them to access your property. Make them an offer and tell them it’s the highest one you make before you start accessing it by helicopter. Tell each one you have spoke to everyone around and it’s first come first serve deal.
Then...let the fun begin...Get a big chinook helicopter and fly in an out on a daily basis....take loads of tires in there and burn them causing black smoke and stink. Set up a loud speaker system and leave it blasting loud overnight, play North Korean propaganda soundtrack, in Korean and maybe some Muslim worship chant music....add a huge siren and have it set to go off every hour on the hour like a church bell....set off some dynamite charges big enough to rattle windows...fly low around the surrounding properties until one of them gets sick of the chopper and misc. noise and works an access deal for you. Haha!

HAHA....If I could I would!

There is so much to this...But it comes down to...They can't keep me out. But If I want legal access on paper, it has to be fought in court and in the past few years I haven't had the money to play the game. So, we camp there until then. It's a game play from the couple surrounding owners, they are hoping we give up and sell cheap. We are the "outsiders".

I wish I could buy a bunch of crow cannons and set them to go off every 15 min. all over the place in every direction. And just let Death metal play on loud speakers 24 hours a day.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I always wanted to buy some land and some earth movers to play with.

I'll sell you some land!

#82 6 years ago

I've tried to block all of this out of my memory I guess......

I bought 100's of oak apple crates. Years ago, I stopped at a garage sale with my little brother. The lady was selling some apple crates from their retired orchard. 2 bucks each! I asked her how many she had and it was something like 3 or 4 hundred............My brother and I borrowed my dads truck and made trips the whole rest of the day and part of the next. We packed a storage garage to the ceiling and still had some left over.

We thought we were going to be rich! These things have to be worth at least $20 each!!!!!!!!

Ya....We ended up giving them all away and burning some after about 6 months of trying to sell the stupid things. I bought out a record store once too....They were closing and had thousands of 78 records. Yep....Same thing!

I'm sure more will come to me....I've been doing this my whole life! I tried to block it out!!

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This was actually a joke just for the record guys lol. My ex wife is actually a great person and we still get along well today still. There is nothing better than having a great companion or a great marriage. My statement could have easily been true in many many cases but in my case it was a joke for sure. I enjoyed being married and I’ve had some great women in my life that were worthy of marrying, so contrary to what a lot of people think, they are not all Beaches by any means.

Hey!? I bought about 5 engagement rings for my current wife. Long story!! We've been together off and on since 15 we are now 41.
No one else would put up with our crap! I'm jkg..

The truth of it is....We both have been through some stuff over the years and we kept putting it off, then we would start all over and start a plan and a major car wreck,deaths, etc....Would cause us to put it off "until next year".....It went like that for years! "had it all" and "lost it all" a few times. We are best friends and I couldn't imagine going through all of that with anyone else....

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nothing wrong with Engagement Rings,
Just the industry with regard to cost and propaganda.
Kinda like Batman66 LE.
I'll bet there are some of us that see
that NIB, then the ring, then the game,
and think about swapping the ring out.

Not if you've dealt in "estate Jewelry". That rock is still the same age no mater what setting it's in!

Oh ya....Bought one of those stores once too! Coin/jewelry/watches type places Closed it a year and a half later. That made out though.

My gosh..If I start thinking I can fill the thread with crazy purchases, trying things I knew nothing about going in.

I need to stay out of this thread. Memory lane is starting to make me reconsider pinball projects!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Because the vehicle has air brakes,you will need an air brake endorsement which to my knowledge is only given with a cdl.
-Mike

But a 90 year old guy, that can't see or hardly walk can jump in the biggest motor home you can buy and drive it down the freeway with no training.

Not that I'm against the above...But I thought there were some exceptions to the law.

I drove a Dump with air brakes for a Tree service for a short time. The owner claimed I didn't need a CDL since his business was actually a "Tree Farm". He claimed I was exempt. Who knows I could have been breaking the law, I just took his word for it.

I'd bet if you got pulled over in that fire truck, hardly any of the cops would know for sure if you needed a CDL or not. And...If your tight with the community? Sometimes, things get over looked if the truck stays local. I know I'd chance it. What does the first offense cost if it did actually come up? It use to be $500 or $1000.......That's how I'd weigh it out.

#97 6 years ago

Recreational and moving vehicles are exempt if for personal use.

Now, does a firetruck fall into "recreational vehicle" if it's not being used for anything other than advertisement and recreation? If "retired" can it get recreational status? And if "recreational" ?. plates and insurance may even be cheaper. "recreational" would be my starting point into looking for exemptions.

It would be stupid if I can jump into a loaded down moving truck, giant loaded down farm trucks and equipment, or a huge motor home and drive all over, but not a retired fire truck around town just for fun or parades on occasion. I don't see where this could cause any damage by driving it around. How? Unless you pulled it up to a fire and were in the way or something. I'm misunderstanding that part.

A CDL is such a pain to get and keep just to move a truck around.

Problem solved.....Turn it into a "camper".

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

You can’t legally access it from the lake?

Yes, And no one can keep me out. But to sell or divide, it really hurts the price if there isn't a legal right of way in on paper A lot of realtors won't even want to try to sell it. It also hurts it for other reasons. It's a long story... There is a driveway/dirt road in. But there are arguments on that and nothing was written. I'll get it, it's just a matter of money and court. I just haven't gotten that far yet.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Please make it a real "FIRE" truck and not a water truck. IT has to shoot fire some how. If I ever buy one that is the first thing I will do to it...
As for the topic... where do I start?
I don't own the Corvette or the red ambulance, that ambulance belongs to a friend. But everything else was or is mine.

Too funny! I almost bought a Motor car once. Those are actually cool! There were clubs of guys riding abandoned rails. I always thought that would be fun.

1 week later
#165 6 years ago

That just looks like way too much fun!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker2415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soi-bought-a-fire-truck-what-crazy-things-have-you-bought?tu=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.