(Topic ID: 201949)

So........I bought a Fire Truck! What crazy things have you bought?

By Grateful_Pin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sarge
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171203_164737 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
E7299CDE-3971-4C0A-83ED-8032C09ABF43 (resized).jpeg
C32A5C4A-A55C-49B6-BFFA-C3345CE41073 (resized).jpeg
CC0181A0-307C-446B-8A53-AB2338B1ACB5 (resized).jpeg
6D45B954-BA80-42AD-9D3F-F110443E441A (resized).jpeg
A38339C1-780D-4A2F-9D6B-15090C78C067 (resized).jpeg
09CF7B1F-C0BF-4DA0-956D-78E4876EC1D1 (resized).jpeg
20170101_190755~2 (resized).jpg
C57AF570-6678-471A-9829-284F8E019832 (resized).jpeg
16245A3C-59B1-447E-A95E-1526A2ECB360 (resized).jpeg
99EE5E49-CE47-4F2C-9C11-1C94DD4EC51C (resized).png
4f365bae-1fae-41ab-9262-bf40f00ea131_fullsize (resized).jpg
A162621A-E98C-41F8-A035-472504951488 (resized).png
1361BB20-8BFF-41A5-BCE5-4284535AD87E (resized).png
99CB5178-762C-4D14-863A-1BEEA0C157CA (resized).jpeg
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

Recreational and moving vehicles are exempt if for personal use.
Now, does a firetruck fall into "recreational vehicle" if it's not being used for anything other than advertisement and recreation? If "retired" can it get recreational status?

This one down in Louisiana is owned by the family that owns/runs Drago's Seafood Restaurants.
Both recreational use and business promo use.

Some pics included here of useful recreational mods to do to your firetruck, ...Louisiana style!
20170915_151601 (resized).jpg20170915_151601 (resized).jpg
20170915_151633 (resized).jpg20170915_151633 (resized).jpg
20170915_151654 (resized).jpg20170915_151654 (resized).jpg
20170915_151857 (resized).jpg20170915_151857 (resized).jpg
20170915_160916 (resized).jpg20170915_160916 (resized).jpg

#102 6 years ago

Fire Truck Beer on tap. Super cool~!~!~!

#103 6 years ago

The craziest part of that firetruck (which is pretty darn nice) is that it was probably close to $350K when new.

Enjoy it!

Chris

#104 6 years ago

If the truck comes with the pump, what a bargain , pumps cost more than the truck!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Well...let’s see picks of the toy monkey!

Ask and ye shall receive!

20171105_214551 (resized).jpg20171105_214551 (resized).jpg

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

I'll sell you some land!

You can’t legally access it from the lake?

#107 6 years ago

Totally cool. My neighbor has a vintage fire truck for which he has an exemption to park on his lawn and drives it during the 4th of July parade and for charity events. Much less of a hassle with a CDL.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

You can’t legally access it from the lake?

Yes, And no one can keep me out. But to sell or divide, it really hurts the price if there isn't a legal right of way in on paper A lot of realtors won't even want to try to sell it. It also hurts it for other reasons. It's a long story... There is a driveway/dirt road in. But there are arguments on that and nothing was written. I'll get it, it's just a matter of money and court. I just haven't gotten that far yet.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Dude... Fire Truck! A gator vs a Fire Truck! The Truck for the win!
Fire Truck man is my F'ing hero.

I think you are forgetting something though. This thread is about what “crazy” things have you bought. A Fire truck is more of a cool thing than a crazy thing and the fact is, anybody can own a fire truck. Not anybody can own a 9 foot mother Effin alligator and live with the damn thing!! That takes one crazy guy to do something like that. Let me see you try to play pinball in your basement with a 9 foot gator walking around down there!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let me see you try to play pinball in your basement with a 9 foot gator walking around

I just had a flashback of my mother in law.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just had a flashback of my mother in law.

Good one!

#112 6 years ago

I would take a fire truck over a bm66 any day lol

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I would take a fire truck over a bm66 any day lol

As promised....our Giants Tailgate Firetruck Hot Tub Fiasco! We also had special badges made that said Super Secret Fire Department.
Er, no lie....we tried to buy a tank!

Slide2 (resized).jpgSlide2 (resized).jpg
Slide7 (resized).jpgSlide7 (resized).jpg
Slide1 (resized).jpgSlide1 (resized).jpg

IMG_0675 (resized).jpgIMG_0675 (resized).jpg

IMG_0689 (resized).jpgIMG_0689 (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago

Cool to see you pulled the trigger on buying a fire truck. I remember as kids myself and two of my friends bought a car before any of us had a driver's license and the worst part it would only go on reverse. We thought we could figure it out and drive it home (forwards) but we couldn't and started to drive it home in reverse. This wouldn't have been so bad if it was just a few miles but it wasn't. We would have got our rears torn up if we did and our parents found out about it. So lucky we just drove it back to where we got it and one of my friends had an older sister who's boyfriend bought it from us. I'm sure we took a loss but heck we owned it for a week or so. Parents never knew about it.

Some things almost bought a Combine at a auction for $25 ran and drove but no Implementation on the front and no I'm not a farmer. A cop car at a auction they had left the lights and everything on it I drove it around and made sure everything worked but the wife just didn't see the cool in it. And a Hearst my wife says she will only ride in a hearse one time and won't remember it. One of the friends above dad had a funeral home and I got to drive the hearse as a kid still want one but wife won't ride in it and I won't be able to park it at my home.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As promised....our Giants Tailgate Firetruck Hot Tub Fiasco! We also had special badges made that said Super Secret Fire Department.

I would upvote you but I have nightmares about the ny giants in the Superbowl lol.

#116 6 years ago

A well used straight jacket back when I was in high school.

#117 6 years ago

I bought a 1955 Army jeep that wasn't running and with NO breaks. I remember my father in law pulled me home (only a few miles) in it and I used the engine to break if I needed to slow down, held in the clutch and let it out to slow it down. After I got it running I never did put any breaks on it, kids loved it and it would go anywhere without getting stuck. When I sold the new owner drove it home (with NO breaks) about 20 miles from my place (He went through the back roads with it). And the real kicker was when he was checking it out he said let me check out the 4 wheel drive, I said it works great I have never been stuck with it. He then reached down to lock in the hubs and I found that I had never really locked them in. So I was really just in 2 low but that granny low was so low that in my case would take me anywhere I need to get in and out of.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Bensen Gyro-Copter

WTF was I thinking...

You were thinking 'WIN....this will be sweet for quick runs to the grocery store for milk'

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well you got the Fire truck, now all you need is a football team.

#120 6 years ago

I often peruse the used big honking airport runway style fire trucks for sale for conversion to a bugout / backwoods camping vehicle. Perfect for the job.

#121 6 years ago

I bought a giant fiberglass Taco Bell sign from a store that had just closed when I was 18.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bought an engagement ring once. No doubt the dumbest purchase I ever made.

Actually your worst purchase would have been tickets to ANY Bungals game, HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO !!!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Actually your worst purchase would have been tickets to ANY Bungals game, HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO !!!

No comment other than The Stoolers suck!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No comment other than The Stoolers suck!

Don’t be so silly......I’ll just leave this right here

5676501A-3037-4386-99D7-D71575EB4AA8 (resized).png5676501A-3037-4386-99D7-D71575EB4AA8 (resized).png

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Don’t be so silly......I’ll just leave this right here

This is an off year, offensive line is terrible........bengals will be back next year though. Sadly though I don’t even care anymore because I’ve pretty much boycotted the NFL. I love football but I love our Veterans a lot more and I won’t support any organization that disrespects our country, our veterans, and our military. I miss watching football on Sundays but I’ve actually adapted pretty well without it.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is an off year, offensive line is terrible........bengals will be back next year though. Sadly though I don’t even care anymore because I’ve pretty much boycotted the NFL. I love football but I love our Veterans a lot more and I won’t support any organization that disrespects our country, our veterans, and our military. I miss watching football on Sundays but I’ve actually adapted pretty well without it.

wow... never would have guessed it... you dont even get what the whole take a knee thing is about...

please keep your politics off Pinside.

#127 6 years ago

Really wanted to, but my wife was lucky the ceiling wasn't high enough.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because that’s what you were told to do. Look over at this, and ignore this elephant. It was a diversion.

#129 6 years ago

I bought a house. That was stupid lol

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have been a member of pinside for 2 years and you posted about politics? Please keep that garbage off of pinside thanks

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

You have been a member of pinside for 2 years and you posted about politics? Please keep that garbage off of pinside thanks

I wasn’t trying to get political at all, just making a statement as to why I don’t follow football anymore. I love my country and our Veterans and I don’t watch football anymore because I feel it’s disrespectful. I have family also that has fought and died in battle. If anyone feels that I am wrong by feeling this way then so be it, I could care less.

I wasn’t doing anything but telling Pinball Erie that I don’t follow football like I used to and I explained why not even thinking about it being political and definitely not trying to start a conflict. That was you and whysnow just being your typical selves and trying to start shit.

I also understand their intentions are not to disrespect our Veterans, but it does disrespect our Veterans and it’s the wrong time and place for them to protest. I must not be the only person who feels this way either considering the NFL is losing fans Like crazy by the day. I’m not going to walk on egg shells trying not to offend you because you are a fragile person sorry. If you don’t like it stop reading what I post, that’s the best advice that I can offer you.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

How is it players that make a million a game and refuse to give thanks to the nation that allows them the opportunity a political thing? When kapernick started all this mess it was about black lives and kill the cop socks not politics.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

How is it players that make a million a game and refuse to give thanks to the nation that allows them the opportunity a political thing? When kapernick started all this mess it was about black lives and kill the cop socks not politics.

I 100% was not trying to make any kind of a political statement because I know you can’t talk politics at all on this site. I don’t agree with the policy personally but it’s their website and not mine so I try to abide by their rules. You always got people out there though waiting like a snake in the grass ready to strike and turn something that you say into something that is offensive. Being offended about everything is the cool thing to do these days you know. It really makes me wonder how we ever got to this point.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I 100% was not trying to make any kind of a political statement because I know you can’t talk politics at all on this site. I don’t agree with the policy personally but it’s their website and not mine so I try to abide by their rules. You always got people out there though waiting like a snake in the grass ready to strike and turn something that you say into something that is offensive. Being offended about everything is the cool thing to do these days you know. It really makes me wonder how we ever got to this point.
</

I am offended.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am a whimpy little snowflake and I am offended.

Shhh.....you're not allowed to use the snow word here.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shhh.....you're not allowed to use the snow word here.

I edited my comment to remove the snow.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you guys think the kneeling thing is not political then your kidding yourselves. Why bring it up in a pinball forum?

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I recently purchased a completely impractical midi controlled music machine at an estate sale. It's like a player piano but has guitar, banjo, and various percussion instruments. All the valves are pneumatic.

Checkout the stahls car museum, he collects old music machines like what you have, reall neat to watch how they work.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://stahlsauto.com/&ved=0ahUKEwjd-JC29q7XAhWK3oMKHdPIACsQ_BcIcCgLMAQ&usg=AOvVaw1PUkZl0d7iGgyWW3Gyj3wm

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Ya and now it's a freedom of speech thing. That's political. All I'm saying is by bringing it up your just going to start someone on the other side who disagrees with you and then it's all downhill from there

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ya and now it's a freedom of speech thing. That's political. All I'm saying is by bringing it up your just going to start someone on the other side who disagrees with you and then it's all downhill from there

He does it somewhat regularly. He likes to talk and insert his political views regularly and it almost always ends up the same way of taking what was a fun thread off the rails completely. He seems incapable of understanding that we dont care about his political views at all. We are here to have fun, talk pinball, and maybe make some friends.

Talking politics is not a good way to make friends on a pinball forum. Politics does not belong here per the TOS and honestly it grinds my gears since I come here to not talk Politics.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Someone like yourself you mean?

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Someone like yourself you mean?

Go check all my 1300 plus posts and you will see nothing political

#143 6 years ago

Let's Make Pinball Great Again!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Go check all my 1300 plus posts and you will see nothing political

My statement wasn’t meant to be political. You had to make it that way though didn’t you? You seen an opportunity and just couldn’t help your liberal self.

#145 6 years ago

Can we get back to talking about cool and crazy crap we have bought?

It was way more fun.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You seen an opportunity and just couldn’t help your liberal self.

I exercised my right to not vote this year. O and I'm registered as a republican and voted that way the last couple elections

Edit: yes whysnow I will stop talking now cuz clearly he won't let it go

#147 6 years ago

let it go.jpg (resized).jpglet it go.jpg (resized).jpg

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soi-bought-a-fire-truck-what-crazy-things-have-you-bought/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.