(Topic ID: 63967)

So...how much money does it take to pry a WOZLE out of someone's hands.

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 382 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.jpg
image.jpg
woz2.JPG
woz3.JPG
woz1.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
Woz_411.jpg
gymnastics.gif
ronswanson.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks Moose! now i wait for JPOP's RAZA and try to find myself an MM in the meantime.
I need a 2nd job to fund this hobby

I need a job! Period I wana work for Jack I'd even just sweep to be next to the machines see them being built. If I had good income I would just put WOZ on my credit card and deal with paying more for it. I wanted TZ to be my first machine but the more and more I see and play WOZ and see its much easier to fix and trouble shoot I want it I love the Wizard of OZ theme to begin with.

#202 10 years ago

I was hoping the blue was the actual trim, I really like the way it looks.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

In case anyone missed it the first time:

Wait, Jack is avoiding the refund path to stay clear of further "profiteer" bashing, and letting the customer easily make $1-2k by not getting a refund, and people are *still* giving Jack crap here for this?
Sheesh. Pinside is truly toxic, as someone else pointed out recently. I think it's time to quit this pop stand. Pinball is much more fun without Pinside, I'm realizing.... later, all....

Dude. If you think this is tough crowd .. it gets even better on RGP. At least this site is moderated.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I was hoping the blue was the actual trim, I really like the way it looks.

Yeah, I never even thought about blue as an option but seeing that... it might work!

I am not a fan of the green or the red but if someone gets a Standard and decides to try different trim blue might be a great choice.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Oh, he's been ranting about that for a while. Stuff like "799 is TOO MANY for an LE!" Surprised you missed those posts....
And yeah, Tony is one person who should put a disclaimer on each and every post he makes here.

My apologies if I wrongly accused Teekee. I read hundreds of ST posts when it was first announced and the number of LEs stated and don't remember a single one from him which surprised me as that was mostly what he talked about in almost every WOZ post.

I must admit I haven't been following them as much lately. I guess I missed a few peeps.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The blue trim looks great! It matches the sky in the artwork... I know its the protective tape but interesting seeing that. That color may work for the trim versus the green or red. Maybe just a different shade of blue.

Tony,
You know what would make my WOZ look even better?? Your MB sitting right beside it

I do think Blue trim would look cool! If i had gotten a standard i think i would of played with some different powder colors like what Markmon did.

#207 10 years ago

StevenP please keep in mind for the most, or least, pinside is also an amazing venue to connect with others and to find help, or give it. I for one have had many situations answered here from fellow pinheads and I hope in some small way i can return this favor in kind. Please don't get your panties in a knot you are wanted here on this forum!

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Dude. If you think this is tough crowd .. it gets even better on RGP. At least this site is moderated.

I've been on rgp for about 20+ years now. Thx for the advice, junior.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

StevenP please keep in mind for the most, or least, pinside is also an amazing venue to connect with others and to find help, or give it. I for one have had many situations answered here from fellow pinheads and I hope in some small way i can return this favor in kind. Please don't get your panties in a knot you are wanted here on this forum!

If anyone wants my advice or help (doubtful, but occasionally I have something to contribute from my experience!), feel free to post on rgp or klov forums.... Seriously, Pinside is like crack, and not in a good way. It sucks you in and makes you feel worse afterward. Gotta kick the habit, and now is a good time.... I love pinball in all its forms (EMs and SS games are great too), playing and repairing/tweaking games, don't give a crap about blinging out a game, am not enamored by recent cookie-cutter releases, etc., and so I don't seem to be a good fit here.

It's not you, Pinside, it's me....

#210 10 years ago

I have a WOZ standard with a shaker and Invisiglass in my basement that I would trade for a future LE if anyone cannot take the wait. Shipping is on buyer for my game to them and WOZLE to me.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I love pinball in all its forms (EMs and SS games are great too), playing and repairing/tweaking games, don't give a crap about blinging out a game, am not enamored by recent cookie-cutter releases, etc., and so I don't seem to be a good fit here.
It's not you, Pinside, it's me....

I love all kinds of pins too. I have zero interest in blinging out. I want pins that play well.
Just stay away from "The-latest-Stern/JJP-is-the-greatest-pin-ever" threads, ignore the trolls and you will be fine.
Pinside can be a very positive forum. Read the Tommy threads, and what we tried to help a pinsider win a vote for his drive-in.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I think everyone that is on the WOZ/JJP emotional roller coaster during the past 2 -2 1/2 years has had a moment of doubt. So I understand where you are coming from. It sounds like you are in a really low moment of this ride Indy, and making assumptions (financial problems) based on responses that weren't too your liking is crappy. I feel bad that you are in this crappy place at the moment. My suggestion would be to wait it out another 30 days you are so close. But if you really cannot stomach this roller coaster any longer just hop off the ride and sell the game. There are so many nice pinsiders that would buy this for $8,000 in a heartbeat, you would be helping them get a game and clearing your head at the same time. Win Win
Good luck to you and I hope you get this all sorted out.

Thank you sir!

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have a WOZ standard with a shaker and Invisiglass in my basement that I would trade for a future LE if anyone cannot take the wait. Shipping is on buyer for my game to them and WOZLE to me.

So you want them to trade you a WOZLE for your upgraded Standard AND pay for both games to be shipped?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

So you want them to trade you a WOZLE for your upgraded Standard AND pay for both games to be shipped?

I was wondering that too, not sure anyone is that hard up for a WOZ

#215 10 years ago

Just wanted everyone to know I talked to Jack and Jen today and had a pleasant conversation. Everything always works out in the end. Keep flipping fellow pinsiders!

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

GLWT

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I've been on rgp for about 20+ years now. Thx for the advice, junior.

OK OBI WAN

#218 10 years ago

Every time teekee posts about WOZ it makes me more excited to own one.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Yep. If someone bought theirs for 6500+600 shipping is still less than what a Standard goes for now without the add ons.

I'm just putting it out there.

If your friend is willing to lose out on 2k by trading it back to JJP than selling his spot on his own I don't see why my offer is so crazy.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just wanted everyone to know I talked to Jack and Jen today and had a pleasant conversation. Everything always works out in the end. Keep flipping fellow pinsiders!

Indypin, have you watched this video? It may make the wait seem more worth it. It sure does for me.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rK3y6tDsiXc?autoplay=1&rel=0

#221 10 years ago

Wow! Great video! Thanks!

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I was emailing with Jen yesterday. I'm sitting right about the end of October for mine getting on the line. All I could do when I read the email was smile. I've played WOZ plenty to know how good it is. If mine came with 1.18 I'd be happy, but now seeing just bits of what is in 1.21... Wow.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I was emailing with Jen yesterday. I'm sitting right about the end of October for mine getting on the line. All I could do when I read the email was smile. I've played WOZ plenty to know how good it is. If mine came with 1.18 I'd be happy, but now seeing just bits of what is in 1.21... Wow.

Order date? My ship date is supposed to be the end of October as well.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Order date? My ship date is supposed to be the end of October as well.

I was last told (two weeks ago) mid October for my order from 3/23/11. Not sure if that date will still hold up. Hoping for end of October at the latest.

#225 10 years ago

My order is 3/10 and they have said end of the month. We should be close!

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, I never even thought about blue as an option but seeing that... it might work!
I am not a fan of the green or the red but if someone gets a Standard and decides to try different trim blue might be a great choice.

If Jack would give me the option to switch to red, I would in a hearbeat.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

If you need help unboxing that let me know, can be there in an hour.

Zippy you and Ruby are most definitely invited to come over and play WOZ when i get it
Also if i need an extra set of hands setting it up i will be getting ahold of you.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Indypin, have you watched this video? It may make the wait seem more worth it. It sure does for me.

Thanks DC Fan! It does look awesome!

#229 10 years ago

One down... RELOAD! PULL! *KABLOW*

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

WOW! I had not seen that video yet. It just keeps getting better and better. Amazing. I'm happily plunking my money down for The Hobbit. Waiting a year or so to get a high-end pinball game definitely appears to be well worth it.

#231 10 years ago

Sold mine to a pinsider for around 8500. last week. Just point of referrence.

#232 10 years ago

Another:

#233 10 years ago

Detroit,
Did JJP redesign the light boards? Also did they upgrade the GI? The game looks alot brighter in this video..

yes, new light boards, new driver board, wire harness, and upgraded transformer.
I have not seen it, Marvins, changed theirs out in the last two weeks and I was told by my buddy that did the work, that their is a night and day difference in the lighting of the game from the old stuff to the new stuff; and additional light mods should not be needed.

When I first saw this video, I was thinking the same thing, especially if you compare it to the version 1 video which is almost completely dark.... it also could just be brighter overhead lighting in this video.
I would make sure you are getting the new stuff in your game

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

How do you tell the old stuff from new stuff ?

#235 10 years ago

Thanks another great video.

#236 10 years ago

yes, new light boards, new driver board, wire harness, and upgraded transformer.
I have not seen it, Marvins, changed theirs out in the last two weeks and I was told by my buddy that did the work, that their is a night and day difference in the lighting of the game from the old stuff to the new stuff; and additional light mods should not be needed.
When I first saw this video, I was thinking the same thing, especially if you compare it to the version 1 video which is almost completely dark.... it also could just be brighter overhead lighting in this video.
Scott
Detroit Pinball

Well my game was just completed and will be shipping from the factory tomorrow, so I assume it has the new boards ect... I hope it does

#237 10 years ago

Well my game was just completed and will be shipping from the factory tomorrow, so I assume it has the new boards ect... I hope it does

Sorry Concrete, I think you just missed the cutoff! Have fun and enjoy...I'm right behind you...

#238 10 years ago

:p thanks Ice

#239 10 years ago

I would not assume anything at this point. I could be wrong, but I thought I herd some of the new stuff wont be in full supply till the first or second week of October. You will definitely get some of the new stuff, but who knows if your getting all of it. That is one advantage of waiting-- taking advantage of optimally redesigned hardware.

keep us posted, and good luck
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

How do you tell the old stuff from new stuff ?

great question, I know Jason from Minnesota posted about some of the stuff.... get pictures of hardware from before September and compare with harness, light boards, driver boards, transformers... in newer games. I dont think anyone has posted actual pictures with side by side descriptions yet, but I imagine someone will.... eventually.

good luck
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#241 10 years ago

I could be wrong, but I thought I herd some of the new stuff wont be in full supply till the first or second week of October.

One nice thing about having one of the last dozen LE's sold. I'll be getting the latest and greatest batch and hopefully won't need a lot of upgrades and re-work. I've waited this long, I guess another couple months or whatever is worth it at this point. Looking forward to seeing yours Concretehardt.

#242 10 years ago

If anyone has side by side comparison photos on the upgrades of the harness, light boards, driver boards, and tr_ansformers, I'd love to see them!

Thanks!

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

That's pretty awesome.

#244 10 years ago

Indypin you are the best! I am thankful to have been able to purchase a couple of real nice pins. Your former Spiderman is never leaving my hands. Mark thanks for setting this up. If it was me I would do what I could. I have refunded several customers but again no big deal. I see Jacks point too about being a bad guy for selling for more money. I would be happy to try to help or trade something. Best of luck, nobody is this is a real looser just winners.
Buddy

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Indypin you are the best! I am thankful to have been able to purchase a couple of real nice pins. Your former spiderman is never leaving my hands. Mark thanks for setting this up. If it was me I would do what I could. I have refunded several customers but again no big deal. I see Jacks point too about being a bad guy for selling for more money. I would be happy to try to help or trade something. Best of luck, nobody is this is a real looser just winners.
Buddy

Thanks Buddy! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I consider you one of the best Pinside buddies I have.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

If anyone has side by side comparison photos on the upgrades of the harness, light boards, driver boards, and tr_ansformers, I'd love to see them!

Waiting to see if anyone is willing to post some pics of the inside of their game

#247 10 years ago

Good luck Frax, I hope you are able to score an ECLE!!!

#248 10 years ago

There is one on Mr Pinball for 8400.

#249 10 years ago

I have NIB WOZLE #16... available at $8500. It's in my possession. I'm in the East Bay Area of Calif.

#250 10 years ago

Nope, I've given up on this. And probably on WOZ in general, since I can't seem to get any interest in all on selling TZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sohow-much-money-does-it-take-to-pry-a-wozle-out-of-someones-hands/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.