Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4540 (resized).JPG
70840829664__D47671D6-34AE-4B63-985E-8F04D1B60839 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
628x471 (resized).jpg
304871566_1931368553920986_6118019157589108598_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Glad to hear this... always bothered me.

My review for the game on IPDB: 2012-02-03 09:59:39

One thing I don't get. There's a major goal to get the "prisoner captured". This leads to an eventual multiball. So, it's a good thing to capture prisoners and it's a good thing to get the prisoners released. It seems this duplicity leads to an ultimate disloyalty to the prisoner and we are just toying with their status in the game for the sake of the player getting points Kinda harsh.

As for additional features:
1) When you get an extra ball... it feels very blah as there's no sound after that. Just 'extra ball' (sic). Feels like a techno beep could put a nice flourish on that.
2) When you finish the toast in the round. There's nothing left to do but keep the ball alive. Even after the ball drains the bagatelle can't do anything but give you the "it's already lit" bonus. It would be wicked fun if once you fill up the toast... empty it. As long as you can keep a counter that you finished it. Just wiping the toast would clear the end of round bonus. You'd need to re-apply the extra completed toast lamps at the end.
3) I wish there was more control over earning a number on the toast. You must hit that drop EXACTLY when then the number is lit. That's a little two random as you have a 3:4 chance of hitting the wrong one. This is especially true as there is zero skill hitting the exact target as most of them are not directly in line with the flippers. You just have to get it "up there" and pray it connects at the right time.
I wish I had a way of bumping the rotation by hitting the flippers. Like DW when every flip moves the lit lane lamps. Push the left flipper, rotate the to the left one lamp(on demand rather than timed); Push the right flipper, rotate to the lamp on the right (on demand rather that timed). That would bring the skill up a whole level.

Thanks,
faz

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I suppose you could get extra points in this situation? Or do you mean wipe the toast after each ball? That's very easy to do as well.

During normal game play all the lights on the toast complete. At this point the drops, spinners and other targets still get points but the game gets crazy boring. It's just a game of keep the ball in motion. The journey is over.

My suggestion is for when the toast is full:
+1 a counter for toast_filled.
clear the toast so you can start earning again.
When ball goes to bagatelle you can keep earning too.
Now at the end of the round you need to give points for all the lit entries on the toast AND check the toast_filled counter to see if you have to add total points for a full toast.

Quoted from slochar:

I know you could stop it on two of the colors - maybe if it's stopped you can have something move it?

I don't think I've seen this behavior. How do you do it?

Quoted from slochar:

When I had the game I moved the colors in the bagatelle game and got pretty good at lobbing the ball into the lane I needed.

I know you can switch in bagatelle mode. I mean be able to impact the number lit during regular game play... just like in bagatelle mode.

thanks,
faz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ali
Poolville, TX
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/software-mods-for-classic-stern-games?tu=pinball_faz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.