Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TaTa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My friend got his WDLE yesterday #113,he unboxed it and set it it up,checked all the connections,then when he turned it on there was no GI or playfield lighting.He called Stern and they told him it was a software issue that will be fixed in the next update.Anyone else having this problem?

#2 9 years ago

Gweempose had the same issue. Turned out to be a connector came out.

#3 9 years ago

Probably a couple connectors that need reseating
My pro had no GI on deliver easy fix

#4 9 years ago

He reseated all the connectors and it didn't fix it but according to Stern it was a software glitch that some of them had and will be fixed with the next update,so waiting to see if this happens to anyone else.

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

I'm having the same issue on a machine unboxed yesterday, with about three hours of play. Machine #477.

All of the controlled lamps that are connected to or branch off of board 3 (3, 3A, 3B, 3C, etc) which includes the GI, go out randomly. They may flicker off then back on, or stay off. The lamps that are on board 8 and it's children remain functional. If I disconnect the cable that runs between the CPU and board 3, the GI comes back on. If I plug it back in, the lamps go out again after about a second when the CPU board starts controlling the lamps again.

This can happen during gameplay, or even when in service menu.

I phoned Stern this morning and got the same response. It's an identified software issue, which should be resolved in the next code release. I seem to recall they said it should be released within the next day or two.

#6 9 years ago

My GI went out when I was doing a switch test and didn't come back on until I turned the game off and back on. Haven't had an issue since. Hope they get an update out soon.

#7 9 years ago

Those issues don't sound like software issues to me. Interested to see if it really is fixed by an update. I'm guessing not. If it were software then I'd expect all or most of the machines to exhibit the issue.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

I just wanted to follow up and report that the latest code release from Stern seems to have resolved the lighting issues I was experiencing

#9 9 years ago

Same here. Mine started few days ago, randomly shutting lights off. Glad it was just a software glitch.

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

I have an issue... When I press start and then push the right flipper before shooting, I randomly register several different point scores. Sometimes it's a hit on the WW or sometimes a walker kill. Anybody else have this issue?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gweempose had the same issue. Turned out to be a connector came out.

In my case, the DMD didn't have power either. This definitely sounds like a different issue that people are having.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I have an issue... When I press start and then push the right flipper before shooting, I randomly register several different point scores. Sometimes it's a hit on the WW or sometimes a walker kill. Anybody else have this issue?

That's a switch issue, where a switch is too close and its giving off false hits from the vibration. To verify, simply tap the playfield with your hand and you should be able to figure out which switch needs to be adjusted.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That's a switch issue, where a switch is too close and its giving off false hits from the vibration. To verify, simply tap the playfield with your hand and you should be able to figure out which switch needs to be adjusted.

I will try that. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/software-issue-with-wdle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.