Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Axl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm curious if there is any kind of program or software like FreeWPC for Capcom pinballs. I'm also curious on what software Chad used for doing his amazing rewrite of the DESW pinball.
I have a Pinball Magic. Talking with my Son we both know that the code on PM was never finished. We'd like to be able to add, change or modify the code for PM. One example would be the Genie Hole. In the hole there are 3 sets of optos. This was obviously going to be used for another multi-ball mode versus the trunk multi-ball mode.
I have coded in C, Javascript, Java and LabView, so I have coding skills as well as EE hardware skills.
Anyone that can help me out , it is appreciated. If someone else wants to join in, that would be great as well.
Just seems like a re-write or additional code for PM would kick this games appeal up a few notches.

#2 4 years ago

bump for some software guys.

#3 4 years ago

Yeah pdman!

#4 4 years ago

Nothing of which I'm aware, other than PinMame emulation.

When Gene released the Big Bang Bar remake I tried VERY hard to locate source code for the game; Gene wasn't aware that he had it, and I was never in a position to dig through his warehouses to look for it. I contacted a few Capcom developers from that time but none had access to the source code.

With the help of a few others I was eventually able to come up with disassembler output of the game code, and was able to patch in a very small change to the lamp matrix table so the game would recognize the credit light added to the apron on Gene's remakes (which the software thought was "unused"). It would take a lot of effort to reconstruct source code from the disassembler output, and I wasn't interested in spending all that time.

While digging through the disassembler output I did find a few copyright strings that identified the compiler vendor ("SDS"); that company was eventually acquired by Wind River.

#5 4 years ago

jad, good info. Have heard of Wind River as well. Hopefully someone here can chime in with some more info. I may PM Chad who did the DE SW code and the guy who did the DM and now FT rewrite using FreeWPC.
Just figure PM could also be made more awesome with some code work.

#6 4 years ago

I wonder if the old SDS compiler has found it's way into freeware after so many years?

http://www2.enel.ucalgary.ca/People/Smith/mcgrawhill/nlong/sds/findex.htm

#7 4 years ago

Vid

is this what capcom used for their software?

#8 4 years ago

It's about the right age, but I don't know any Cap programmers to ask.

5 months later
#9 4 years ago

any News on this Project?

9 months later
#10 3 years ago

Any News?

1 month later
#11 3 years ago

I am bumping this in hope that someone with skillz sees this

Axl

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside