4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Vic_Camp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GA 6-17-15 064.JPG
    orangewhip.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    test.jpg
    image.jpg
    Fountain view.jpg
    Bastian-Blessing soda fountain.jpg
    Ideal 55 Pepsi.jpg
    LaCrosse Pepsi.jpg
    152862-i.jpg
    5f2cd3da0cfeabac6540d0c4e45c8d35.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just wondering how much electricity these monsters suck on a monthly basis? Anyone know? If anyone Ontario or Quebec has one for sale, trying to surprise the Miss with it for her Bday... next week :S

5f2cd3da0cfeabac6540d0c4e45c8d35.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Mine runs me about $20 a month.... Its a Dixie Narco from the late 80s, 5 selection 150 can machine. I imagine the newer ones do a bit better on efficiency.

#3 4 years ago

Whoa that's some serious $$$ per year. Not sure if I want to pay $240 bucks per year to keep pop cold considering that a regular fridge cost about $50 to run year long.

#4 4 years ago

To be fair, my compressor has a slow leak and it needs refilled yearly. So it kicks on more than it should be. it is freaking difficult to find someone that services soda machines in rural Wisconsin. Even at 20-ish per month, it is worth it.... It is one of the "final touches" on my gameroom that I love. I customized mine a bit too...

152862-i.jpg

#5 4 years ago

I've got 2 of them plus a vintage soda fountain running in The Hot Rod Grille. I've never worried about what it costs, because it's hard to put a price tag on "cool"! Folks love to take a dime from the cup on top of the machine and get a cold drink. When was the last time you were able to slide a bottle through the rails and pull it out of a vintage pop machine? For me, it was this morning!

LaCrosse Pepsi.jpgIdeal 55 Pepsi.jpgBastian-Blessing soda fountain.jpgFountain view.jpg

#6 4 years ago

anyone in Ontario or Quebec have one of these for sale?

#7 4 years ago

I love mine and could care less what the cost to run it is. Infact I think it's the best thing I ever bought for the gameroom. Its great to offer someone a cold drink while we talk and play pinball.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

// Error: Image 418384 not found //
    #8 4 years ago

Don't know what it costs to run, but I know it isn't that much. My electric bill certainly isn't $20/month more than it was before I got my Coke machine.

image.jpg

#9 4 years ago

At some point I hope to have a vintage coke machine in the basement, so I would be interested in knowing the electricy bill or wattage usage on the older style machines.

#10 4 years ago

test.jpgI turn mine on if we have people over... grilling etc.

#11 4 years ago

I love vending. All my money\space goes to pins now but eventually I want a plain old Dixie Narco 80's Coke machine. The big ugly boxy ones that were everywhere. They're so nostalgic!

#12 4 years ago

Oh yeah, I was going to say that a machine in good condition kept inside an air conditioned home should not be very expensive at all to run.

It must be insulated well, good seals, proper refrigerant levels, and the compressor needs to be able to ventilate heat away.

#13 4 years ago

Can you put cans in the old style machines with the slim vertical glass doors ?

image.jpg

#14 4 years ago

image.jpgThis is what I have.
    I don't think we could live without it. It costs about $10 a month.

#15 4 years ago

image.jpgNot sure what it cost to run. I only plug it in when people are over but it looks great and the bottles get super cold.

#16 4 years ago

For those who have a soda machine, how many amps do they draw?

#17 4 years ago

One of my childhood favorites was the Orange Whip. When I was a kid they had these at a movie theater or ice cream fountian.

orangewhip.jpg

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TonyH:

image.jpg Not sure what it cost to run. I only plug it in when people are over but it looks great and the bottles get super cold.

Can you put cans in yours...talkinag about regular beer and tall boy cans?

#19 4 years ago

I was at a friends house and he has this soda machine..does anyone know what the current market price is?
    What year was this made?
    // Error: Image 418576 not found //

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside