New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 241679)

Soccer themed EM’s

By Murphdom

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by stavio
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200227_162721 (resized).jpg
20200228_162225 (resized).jpg
WorldCup (resized).jpg
Soccer (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone,
I am looking to pick up a soccer themed EM for my daughter and was wondering which one you guys thought was the best overall play and appearance. Gottliebs Soccer and Team One are the first theme related machines that come to mind but I’m wondering if there is something better. Thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

I suggest World Cup Soccer 1978 version by Williams not an EM but better game and only cost little mor, or down the road the Bally version of World Cup Soccer screaming Goalllll is always fun and easy.

#3 1 year ago

Team One is probably better then Soccer.

#4 1 year ago

Gottlieb soccer is an amazing game if you want to “just play pinball”. It has a great backglass animation, its a little loud with the “soccer balls” clanging up and counting out. The game play is simple but plenty of shots to go for. The progressive nature of the game (at each ball more targets light) is super fun. Honestly- this game sits in a collection of 5 others including MMR and Eightball Deluxe and other stellar games- it completely holds its own (not my collection). Seriously consider this option. Cost is very reasonable as well.

If I did not otherwise get to play it with regularity I would own one. Its a sleeper but very good. Classic one more time game play. You get to ball 5 with everything lit up and can come back from no where or drain and be pissed- either way you want another chance.

#5 1 year ago
#6 1 year ago

1964 Williams Soccer is fun. Or for something different how about 1968 Bally World Cup.

Soccer (resized).jpgWorldCup (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

GTB Team One first
WMS Soccer 2nd

#8 1 year ago

'64 Williams Soccer has cool backglass animation also!!

#9 1 year ago

Bally Kick off

#10 1 year ago

Love it-everyone has their favorite. Buy them all!

#11 1 year ago

I own a Super Soccer and a 1968 Bally World Cup EM game(not pinball) and both are great players. Super Soccer is a super playable game with easy to understand ruleset. With that said, my '68 WC is a favorite and while not pinball is one of the best pickups I have made in the hobby.

#12 1 year ago

I just picked up a WMS Soccer project. Own an WCS too.

#13 1 year ago

So I have a gottlieb soccer now that is absolutely mint with about 30k plays on it. My dad bought it for my nine year old son about 8 months ago because he promised him a pinball machine for whatever reason. That’s when I became really hooked and now I am looking to learn how to work on them as a hobby. I learned a lot working on the 4 Million BC that I picked up. I have had a lot of fun with the soccer but I think it’s time to move on and I wanted to keep with the theme.Thanks for all your help guys.

9 months later
#14 7 months ago

I have a Bally Kick Off and a Gottlieb Super Soccer and I think they are both incredibly fun games.
And I don't even play soccer

I had Kick Off a while back but the inserts were cupped. Had a chance recently to get one with a really nice playfield and just had to go for it.
I had a Gottlieb 300 a while back and loved the backbox animation, but Super Soccer plays even better imho

#15 7 months ago

I’ve never played kick-off or Williams Soccer and would love to get my hands on them to give them a try.

#16 7 months ago

Check out Chicago Coin's "Kicker". It's a wedgehead, even!
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1363

#17 7 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Check out Chicago Coin's "Kicker". It's a wedgehead, even!
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1363

I thought about picking it up since it was local. I should have when I had the chance. Check some of the most recent posts #579 & 585

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-club-right-here?tq=Kicker&tu=

#18 7 months ago

There was one at Pintastic recently. Not last year, maybe the year before.

#19 7 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I thought about picking it up since it was local. I should have when I had the chance. Check some of the most recent posts #579 & 585
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-club-right-here?tq=Kicker&tu=

murphdom I still have that Kicker - I'm glad you did not pick it up since that was the first pinball I bought and restored to playing. I like the game but it's a drain monster. I'm currently working on a Soccer, you helped me debug an issue with the 25V rail not powering up.

I'm thinking of bringing the Kicker to Pintastic.

#20 7 months ago
Quoted from Peruman:

murphdom I still have that Kicker - I'm glad you did not pick it up since that was the first pinball I bought and restored to playing. I like the game but it's a drain monster. I'm currently working on a Soccer, you helped me debug an issue with the 25V rail not powering up.
I'm thinking of bringing the Kicker to Pintastic.

You should so everyone can enjoy it. It’s not a game that comes up a lot and has neat backbox animation.

#21 7 months ago

If you’re into woodrails there is Williams Soccer Kick Off.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5188&picno=7291

I really need to get myself a woodrail.

#22 7 months ago

Yep get one Murph. I love woodies....even though I've never played one, lol

1 week later
#23 6 months ago

Wms soccer is definitely fun. The team for the game is selected by 1 of 2 roll overs at the 1st ball. Backbox animation as mentioned with "kicking" a ball in to a bell while goal lites up. Scoring by regular pinball points and 2 team goals. Really nice reverse wedgehead.

20200227_162721 (resized).jpg20200228_162225 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 45.00
$ 1,000.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6.00
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 208.87
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 52.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside