(Topic ID: 261630)

Soccer 1975 Gottlieb - Point score adjustment how to?

By Javelinjohn

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bonus soccer (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
20200209_195007 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Want to change the point score adjustment for my 1975 Soccer game. ( It's not Super Soccer but that is the only one that appeared when linking to this post) There should be a score adjustment paper in the upper section/lightbox of the game but mine shows a staple where I think it was once located. Right now ball 1 =1000 Ball 2 = 2000, and ball 3 = 5000. I want to change the points so ball 3 = 3000 which I believe is the default setting. A photo of that missing paper would be great, and which jones plug I need to move. I think it's on the far left as I look at the lightbox from the left. Still new to the EM games but thankful for any help or suggestions.

#2 4 years ago

Have a look here and see if you find what your looking for.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Have a look here and see if you find what your looking for.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Thanks Brewchap, but I have the cards that go under the glass. Trying to find the small score adjustment card that goes in the back light box to show where the pins go. Did not see that image unfortunately.

#4 4 years ago

My copy of the Soccer schematic is blurry, but the wire colors for point score adjustment are at 7F - 7G

#5 4 years ago

Is this the one you want?

20200209_195007 (resized).jpg20200209_195007 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Is this the one you want?[quoted image]

Javelinjohn - that's the only one I have in the Soccer I'm working on too.

Alberto

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Javelinjohn:

Want to change the point score adjustment for my 1975 Soccer game. ( It's not Super Soccer but that is the only one that appeared when linking to this post) There should be a score adjustment paper in the upper section/lightbox of the game but mine shows a staple where I think it was once located. Right now ball 1 =1000 Ball 2 = 2000, and ball 3 = 5000. I want to change the points so ball 3 = 3000 which I believe is the default setting. A photo of that missing paper would be great, and which jones plug I need to move. I think it's on the far left as I look at the lightbox from the left. Still new to the EM games but thankful for any help or suggestions.

The pictures that people have provided above have to do with the score level that replays (or credits) are given out at.
I am not sure what you are referring to when you wrote-

“ball 1 =1000 Ball 2 = 2000, and ball 3 = 5000. I want to change the points so ball 3 = 3000”

We may need more explanation of what you are attempting to do.

#8 4 years ago

I see that you are referring to a section in the game instruction card:

"THE INDICATED BONUS IS SCORED WHEN THE BALL ENTERS THE RED HOLE OR WHEN LEAVING THE PLAYFIELD. BONUS VALUE IS 1000 POINTS ON FIRST BALL, 2000 POINTS ON SECOND BALL AND 3000 POINTS ON THIRD BALL."

I don't think it is an option on the game... do you have the schematics? Could just be an issue with a relay switch or two. Need to look at the logic on the schematic associated with the red hole [and outhole] bonus scoring.

I see that the scoring varies for 3 ball (above) vs 5 ball operation. You could reseat the 3/5 ball jones plug[s] and see if that helps at all.

#9 4 years ago

Here is a photo of the manual that may help. It shows how the scoring of the bonus is scored. It is set by the 3-5 ball plug. I have always had mine set to 5 ball...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10 4 years ago

I would check your motor switch 2C with green-Yellow and blue-Yellow. I suspect it is closed when it should normally be open.

I am looking at the schematic around 6G

bonus soccer (resized).JPGbonus soccer (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#11 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hope to try a few of the above solutions in the next few days. And thanks ArgosySK for the image.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soccer-1975-gottlieb-point-score-adjustment-how-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.