(Topic ID: 83862)

SoCal: Play Wizard Blocks, Kingpin, Krull, Loch Ness, King Kong on 3/22 *UPDATE*

By pinsane

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unc_wallpaper_pizzasteve_01_1024x768.jpg
image-112.jpg
20140320_python_2173-260.jpg
20140320_python_2168.jpg
20140320_python_2167.jpg
20140320_python_2166.jpg
20140320_python_2164.jpg
20140319_python_2159.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider notaflyingtoy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Wow! That's just jaw-dropping to have so many rare games at one event. So glad Erin and I signed up for this. Steve, thanks to you and whomever else for putting this together! At Pinball Land Robert said that you had a nice collection but wow! Lots of love for Python

1 week later
#39 5 years ago

Should be a fun time indeed! Thanks to Steve, Karl, and everyone else involved for putting this together. Very much looking forward.

#62 5 years ago

Erin and I had a phenomenal time: fantastic hosts, a great group of people all having fun, rarest of rare games, plenty of yummy food, all for a great cause. Wow.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsane:

I completely agree with vicjw66, Zingy Bingy is too unfinished to be included in any release from the Pinball Arcade folks. Zingy Bingy is indeed amusing. The few rules implemented work well, and many attending the party commented on how well the game shoots. The game has importance from a historical point of view. But it is a very early realization with only a couple of rules sketched out, no sound package, no artwork beyond the playfield and the lost backbox maquettes and no dots package. It is not yet a playable game.

Not yet, but I'm fully expecting to see the Zingy Bingy Adam & Eve edition by year's end!

#74 5 years ago

It certainly would be exciting to see Python's vision for this come to fruition.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So very true, but only if the owner is generous enough to open up said collection to the community. For all the rare things you have there's nothing museum like about your games, they're meant to be played. Which in my eyes is perfect, because these are after all games, 'meant to be played' is in their DNA. But not everyone would let their one of a kind games sit out in the open for people to bang on.

Meant to be played for sure. At the event most of the machines had the key in them.

I was playing the Pin2k Playboy and a ball got stuck. There was another ball also stuck. Key in it, but I felt a little odd about pulling the glass on a prototype so I found Steve. We went to the machine. While opening the machine he told me to feel free to open up the games to release any stuck balls. Of note, Steve and I are only vaguely acquainted with one another, having met briefly just a couple of weeks prior to the event.

It's one thing to have philosophical musings. It's a totally different thing to apply those as beliefs in a tangible, pragmatic way. +1 Steve and family.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 275.00
$ 21.00
$ 42.00
$ 26.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.99
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider notaflyingtoy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside