Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Engineer.jpg
    image.jpg
    homemade-pinball-pachinko-machine.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I almost applied for John's "CAD Monkey" posting a few years ago. Made a comment about working remotely and he said sure. Glad I didn't do that

Be very glad.. everyone that ever did work for him, gave him parts, or paid him money for a pinball that will never be built feels very used.

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The #1 thing you have to find out right off the bat from the recruiter, "is this job paying me anywhere close to what I'm making now?". If you don't, then you just end up wasting the recruiting company and your own time for nothing...there's no point in even starting the conversation if the job pays $20k less than you're already making. That question doesn't mean that the person only cares about money (though it might in some cases) but a lot of times the person is just trying to make sure that it's even worth proceeding. Like for this job, that would be my first question...not because money is my #1 concern, but if there's a $20k less difference between what the job pays and what I'm making now, it would be an automatic non-starter. Otherwise I could interview, talk with everyone, get all the way to the end many days later and find out that it pays way less with no relocation

Job offerings aren't always fixed pay range. If you're more experienced, you may get the work done faster, and in the end be worth more to the hiring person because of your efficiency. How can the company possibly offer you a pay rate if they don't know what your value is? That's not much different than someone asking "how much is my Congo worth?".. Well it depends on the condition, it can be anywhere from nothing to $6k". I realize in corporate america often a human resource person is given a pay range, and they have no idea what your value really is (they're nothing but a sale person bargaining the lowest pay", but I think it's a bit different with pinball being so niche.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I heard JPOP is looking for a job, i bet you can get him for cheap now.

JJP is trying to FINISH a pinball, not noodle over a project for 4 years while he drains them of cash.

11 months later
    #171 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

What happened with this? Anyone?

Linked in says Yolanda whisenton (former engineer at WMS) and Dan Molten (former capcom pinball engineer).
    Sounds like they're hiring the right people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-you-want-to-make-pinball-machines?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.