Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Engineer.jpg
    image.jpg
    homemade-pinball-pachinko-machine.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

JJP is looking for mechanical engineers who are excited about the industry and want to be a part of making the future happen. If you think you have what it takes and want a shot, send your cover letter, resume, and ideally some kind of portfolio showing some designs you've done to me (keith) at jerseyjackpinball.com. It doesn't matter if I know who you are or not (in some cases that's probably preferable ), just that you have the desire and passion to help bring the best pinball games to market.

Our office is in Bensenville, IL. We are willing to relocate the right people.

You can email/pm me questions if you like. Please don't pm resumes, etc.

I'm including our original job description, but wanted to reach out specifically to enthusiasts because I think it's important.

----------------------------------------------

Jersey Jack Pinball, the award-winning manufacturer of full sized full featured arcade Pinball Machines, has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer preferably with experience in the coin-operated amusement game industry. This position will report to the engineering manager and work with the engineering team that focuses on quality and reliability.

This position does require candidates to be capable of product improvements, analytical thinking, strong problem solving, follow through on tasks and responsibilities, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible in work responsibilities. Candidates should be patient and able to communicate at all levels. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: general understanding of electro-mechanical components and complete units, sheet metal design, plastic vacuum-formed and injection molded design, wood cabinetry, and screw machined parts. B.S in Mechanical Engineering or level of work experience equivalent and 2D/3D design software knowledge is required.

Candidates are preferred to be local to the Chicago suburban area.

Ideal candidates will also have experience in one or more of:

Test design to evaluate concepts and technologies.
    The work at JJP is often fast paced and driven by creative design concepts. You will be working on teams with game designers, so the ability to communicate on paper (basic sketch skills) is a must. An appreciation for high-quality electro-mechanical design and the creativity to find ways to make it reality are skills that will help you succeed at JJP.

Interested in joining the JJP team? Send us your:

Work portfolio that illustrates projects that you have worked on from start to finish, outlining the development process behind each project(s). Highlight what you found especially interesting and/or important for each project, respectively.
    Resume
    Cover letter

#3 8 years ago

I can appreciate a good cheap shot, but simple fact of the matter is you don't know what goes on here. Being serious, no offense intended.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Is this for Americans only?

Well, you need to be able to work in the US. We're willing to relocate, but I haven't discussed willing to H1B/Green Card someone. My guess is no on that one.

As for other questions, yes, there are benefits (health, dental, vision, couple other things), and salary depends on experience.

Quoted from o-din:

In my experience raise in salary is usually discussed on the last day working for that company.

BTDT, seriously LOLd.

Quoted from o-din:

Another help wanted ad without listing a salary or benefits. lol. Only what they want out of their employees. Good luck with that!

Well, I did hire 2 new programmers that way. So, yeah, I did have GLWT.

#92 8 years ago

I think you all need to give us a LITTLE credit that we know what a good ME is worth.

I'm not posting on pinside to "snag" an enthusiast on the cheap, I'm posting on pinside because I value someone who has pinball knowledge coming in. It's just good business to me.

2 weeks later
    #160 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I didn't apply merely because job security. JJP is still relatively new and there seems to be a fair bit of turnover.

It's unfortunate you didn't take the chance and at least try. No programmers have left the company, ever. As for security, how secure is any job? I doubt most people can say they know for 100% certain they'll still be there next year. But, in our case, the investors involved are doing everything the right way and have no intention of seeing their money simply flushed down the drain. For a competent applicant, the security would be pretty low on my list of things to worry about, IMNSHO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-you-want-to-make-pinball-machines?tu=pinball_keefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.