Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by denoument
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5E7FD14C-5CD0-4F62-BADC-81AD9A5329F1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 2 years ago

Made in Chicago. Free bullet hole in every box.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I was going to say, "well we also pay property tax and sales tax" and stuff like that to temper my post... but reading through this thread, how much is everyone paying, percentage-wise for property tax???
    I think our bill is like 1% of our house's value, annually. And that's a good chunk of change every year! But seeing people saying their property tax is over $10k annually blows my mind, and makes me think you all live in million dollar homes.

What about VAT? Seems to me that last time I was in British Columbia basically everything I bought had 7% sales tax plus 7% VAT. Those taxes also seemed to apply to things that would not have sales tax in the USA. Not to mention prices in general were more expensive on everything before the sales taxes; and lets not talk about gas prices being $2+ a gallon more. Also, people I talked to said the income tax rate was fairly flat with less deductions than the average person in the USA would get. A lot of the people I talked to had two jobs and fortunately the jobs were plentiful. British Columbia is a beautiful place and I would gladly live there despite the taxes, so take no offense - just sayin

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-why-is-pinball-out-of-chicago?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.