Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by denoument
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5E7FD14C-5CD0-4F62-BADC-81AD9A5329F1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 months ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

City not state tax! Duh. Tell me what Chicago is compared to Boone county KY please.

Chicago has no income tax and many pay less than $6K for property tax in the city, I speak from experience. If you are talking about sales tax for Chicago it is 10.25% which is a total of state, county and city sales tax rates. All residents of Illinois, including Chicago residents, are subject to State and Federal income taxes, the Illinois income tax is a flat tax.

I don't know the specifics of anyone's situation, income, residence, etc. but I have lived in Michigan and can say the total cost of living was not night and day.

#94 4 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cook county appears to charge income tax though. 5% per google machine.

You don't pay both county and state income tax, just one IL State Income Tax. And maybe where you are seeing it they are showing a bit higher than the state due to income or such, so it has been referenced. I am in Cook County (Chicago) and pay less than 5% so I guess it is all relative, like pinball prices!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside