(Topic ID: 122066)

So why hasn't The Hobbit began production?????????

By srmonte

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images-28.jpeg
dixie11.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

So I know that people are going to be over touchy on this. Why hasn't TH began production? I remember reading and hearing that these would start around the first of the year. Still nothing??? And from what I have read Jack is saying that they are waiting on parts or something like that??? Has he bothered mentioning what parts he is waiting for??? Or when production might start??? I have noticed lots of patient buyers. Jack is very lucky to have you all.

#2 9 years ago

No license! I kid. I kid.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jncall21:

LOL nice

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from jncall21:

Too soon bro

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So I know that people are going to be over touchy on this. Why hasn't TH began production? I remember reading and hearing that these would start around the first of the year. Still nothing??? And from what I have read Jack is saying that they are waiting on parts or something like that??? Has he bothered mentioning what parts he is waiting for??? Or when production might start??? I have noticed lots of patient buyers. Jack is very lucky to have you all.

My best guess is because you have not used enough question marks.

#6 9 years ago

They are waiting for code to be further along so the fan boys can brag about how much better they are than Stern!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

My best guess is because you have not used enough question marks.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There you go, maybe now someone with some real information might contribute.

Thanks

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Is this what the kids call "trolling?"

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

Is this what the kids call "trolling?"

Probably, pinside has lots of baby's.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

We've just been waiting for your extreme maturity.

In any case, if someone knew, the answer would have been posted long ago.

If you ask a question that nobody can answer, and then get hostile when there are no answers...you're going to have a bad time.

Pete

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

We've just been waiting for your extreme maturity.
In any case, if someone knew, the answer would have been posted long ago.
If you ask a question that nobody can answer, and then get hostile when there are no answers...you're going to have a bad time.
Pete

Cool, so im the hostile smart ass one, got it. Not everyone follows a 4700 post thread. And I thought this was a forum to ask questions. Didn't know no one had the answer, my bad

#12 9 years ago

"baby's"- I took the baby's rattle. shows possession.

"babies"- Plural for baby. you guys are a bunch of babies.

There ya go.

#13 9 years ago

Grammar police , classic!

#14 9 years ago

What about this angle: they've still got orders for WOZ they can fill to earn more for the company so they haven't switched over the production line yet, because new sales are new income vs preorder builds which are for money they already have.

/just a guess, I know nothing

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

"baby's"- I took the baby's rattle. shows possession.
"babies"- Plural for baby. you guys are a bunch of babies.
There ya go.

Thank you professor! Grammar has always been my weakness. Who knew when I grew up that I would need it to impress people I don't know on a pinball forum

#16 9 years ago

Don't worry

I thought someone said over & over there was some contractual obligation of how the game release must coincide with the 3rd movie so this won't be another WOZ scenario no way no how

I forget where I heard that... Maybe I'm mistaken?

#17 9 years ago

It is for the DVD release .

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Don't worry
I thought someone said over & over there was some contractual obligation of how the game release must coincide with the 3rd movie so this won't be another WOZ scenario no way no how
I forget where I heard that... Maybe I'm mistaken?

You heard it right.... When the "movie opens" - nothing to do with the dvd release.....

Quoted from JerseyJack:

5- We are working on the Hobbit full blast. We hired more people and unlike WOZ, we are on track with the game. We are contractually bound to ship when the third movie opens.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It is for the DVD release .

DVD is out already.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Thank you professor! Grammar has always been my weakness. Who knew when I grew up that I would need it to impress people I don't know on a pinball forum

It's less about impressing, and more about not looking like a dolt who slept through over a decade of mandatory education

#22 9 years ago

In another thread- delay jus occurred due to licence holder insisting a TM be put on the pop up figures. Must be great to build something whilst shackled to a contract.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

It's less about impressing, and more about not looking like a dolt who slept through over a decade of mandatory education

Slept through school. Why yes I did. I also slept with your mom You Dolt She was very impressed

#24 9 years ago

Might want to get tested

#25 9 years ago

Just......wow......really......bringing Mom into it is just low man...have some respect for yourself...would yaa..............Joey

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I also slept with your mom

Classy.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I also slept with your mom You Dolt She was very impressed

Be sure to come to this year's Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and I'll buy you a beer... and then pour it over your head.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

dixie11.jpgdixie11.jpg
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool, so im the hostile smart ass one, got it. Not everyone follows a 4700 post thread. And I thought this was a forum to ask questions. Didn't know no one had the answer, my bad

Yes, you are

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

You've been on PS for 8 years and only have 657,000 karma points? Now we know why.

#31 9 years ago

It took you a decade to learn the difference between "baby's" and "babies"?

Whoa.

#32 9 years ago
images-28.jpegimages-28.jpeg
#33 9 years ago

Major changes were made to the game at the end of 2014. The playfields take time to be produced and for the clearcoat to cure. When you completely change the playfield art you pretty much are setting things back 3 months. I don't think anyone is happy with the delay but most are happy with the playfield changes. Rumor is production will start next month.

#34 9 years ago

I don't see the problem with this thread. I was wondering the same thing, but didnt want to ask. People were attacked if they stated the pin would not ship by the time the movie was released. Lets be honest, in the end it was a lie. Given how complicated pinball is, its better to state nothing, but the problem is, when you are funding your business from borrowed money, you owe it to your investors to be transparent, especially given the history.

#35 9 years ago

There's a post in the Hobbit Update thread about WB having last minute change requirements, specifically wanting copyright information included on the popups.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/94#post-2325302

And the poster also claims that he saw the email thread between Jack and WB confirming the requests on Jack's cell phone.

So it appears some last minute details are being worked out with WB.

#36 9 years ago

People wanted changes and they got them. Therefore delays will happen due to changes. I don't care that is not out yet. As long as i get mine before year end i am okay w/ it.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

While we're working on this, your title should read "begun."

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Do I detect an new Hitler reacts to movie?

But in all due seriousness, Wizard Of Oz is a great pIn and please don't take this as me slamming it, but Jack and the rest of the employees at JJP must be sick and tired of seeing this machine on the assembly line by now.

They're probably itching to get the Hobbit going

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

While we're working on this, your title should read "begun."

You gotta love a "Jersey guy" with grammer skills. The nuns would be so proud!!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You've been on PS for 8 years and only have 657,000 karma points? Now we know why.

based on a few of these comments- sounds like his karma score is actually too high.

given the itchy trigger finger from some mods lately, surprised his dumb-ass "mother-comment' didnt get him ejected.

#42 9 years ago

Ejected from his own thread: the kaneda story

#43 9 years ago

Ejected from his own thread: the kaneda story

Omg! One liner of the month! Labnip has competition!

#44 9 years ago

I'm only guessing but they've made a lot of changes since Expo and over the last few months requiring more time to make things unique to this game. And also being still a fairly new company delays seem inevitable as they are for new and even established companies building a unique product. Personally if it's a great game, I'm willing to wait longer than it being a so-so game and having been released months ago. But I must admit I really will be glad when the news comes it's on the assembly line and then being sent out.

#45 9 years ago

I am certainly not a JJP fan boy and well known for that. But even I cant jump on a bash them band wagon here. There was tons of criticism on the game at expo and they listened and changed the game.
This has to cause lots of delays. But delays that mean the buyers are getting a better game.
From the latest feedback it sounds like the wait is worth it.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Slept through school. Why yes I did. I also slept with your mom You Dolt She was very impressed

BUUUAAHAHAHA.

most of our mothers are 70 yrs plus, or RIP.

have fun playing tether ball at recess this week kid.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

DVD is out already.

They're waiting for the Extended 3D Blu-Ray release.

#48 9 years ago

You forgot to end that sentence with any sort of punctuation.

By the way, how's the weather up there?

#49 9 years ago

How did you know I was 6'4"?

#50 9 years ago

Because releasing one game every two and a half years is the way to do business

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-why-hasnt-the-hobbit-began-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.