(Topic ID: 201556)

So who is going to win the world series?

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zr11990
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I am not a sports fan so I have nothing to go by and believe it of not every time I start to watch the games the Astros start to lose so for their sake I don't watch. I watched the 9th inning Saturday and they got their asses kicked. I started watching last night and they start out terribly and they did well after I turned it off. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts. If the Stros win one more they take it. It will be a good night for Houston Texas.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I am not a sports fan so I have nothing to go by and believe it of not every time I start to watch the games the Astros start to lose so for their sake I don't watch. I watched the 9th inning Saturday and they got their asses kicked. I started watching last night and they start out terribly and they did well after I turned it off. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts. If the Stros win one more they take it. It will be a good night for Houston Texas.

I pick the Astros.
    And you watching has no effect on how they play.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I pick the Astros.
    And you watching has no effect on how they play.

I know it doesn't but it sure seems that way. Even my son jokingly tells me not to come to his wrestling tournaments because he could be beating everyone but when I show up he loses. It is kind of strange.

So, there is a guy on the Astros that used to play for the Dodgers. He made a remark that he left because the Dodgers fans hated him and would always boo him. I even saw them boo him on the second game when he made a play. I obviously don't recall his name but why do Dodgers fans not like him.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I pick the Astros.

Man, really going out on a limb, eh? I think that's a pretty safe bet at this point!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

He made a remark that he left because the Dodgers fans hated him and would always boo him

Could it be this?

#7 6 years ago

Cubs!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Man, really going out on a limb, eh? I think that's a pretty safe bet at this point!

No limb involved. And the entire point of this whole thread. lol
    They are my local team.
    I would pick them if they sucked.
    And believe me, they have in the past.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So, there is a guy on the Astros that used to play for the Dodgers. He made a remark that he left because the Dodgers fans hated him and would always boo him. I even saw them boo him on the second game when he made a play. I obviously don't recall his name but why do Dodgers fans not like him.

Right Fielder Josh Reddick

#10 6 years ago

Whoever has the most runs after 9 innings.

#11 6 years ago

Why is it called World Series if it's only American teams ?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Why is it called World Series if it's only American teams ?

The players are from all over the world.

#13 6 years ago

Astros.

The Dodgers bullpen has been overused and those guys seen exhausted. At the same time, the Astros bullpen is absolutely awful so if the Dodgers can survive 6-7 innings of Verlander maybe they can pull out Game 6.

It's difficult for me to root against either team. Both play hard and don't quit.

#14 6 years ago

after last nights game I have decided the Dodgers will win.

#15 6 years ago

Seriously, I want the Astros to win the World Series. Cubs won it last year and it's time for a new team who has never won it.

#16 6 years ago

They might. 5 to zero already in the 2nd inning

#17 6 years ago

Not the Cubs.

Thankfully.

#18 6 years ago

Pretty good Houston lead already.
    As an Atlanta Falcons fan I would say it's too early to call...

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

They might. 5 to zero already in the 2nd inning

Make up your mind......last night you were Ye of Little Faith and now you are a fair weather fan.

You have to BELIEVE!!!
    The Astros are way over due. This is the year for them. The Dodgers are very good as well so win or lose the Astros have nothing to feel bad about.

Now this game is about to get interesting with all the pitching changes we are about to see. This game is far from over.

#20 6 years ago

My guess is whoever wins tonight will take the series - Pretty solid pick!!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Make up your mind......last night you were Ye of Little Faith and now you are a fair weather fan.
    You have to BELIEVE!!!
    The Astros are way over due. This is the year for them. The Dodgers are very good as well so win or lose the Astros have nothing to feel bad about.
    Now this game is about to get interesting with all the pitching changes we are about to see. This game is far from over.

I have lived in Houston my whole life and except for the Rocket a long time ago every sports team has choked when it got serious. The Stros went to the World Series a while back and did not win a game. I want them to win but I’m a pessimist at heart, I can’t help it and especially when it comes to Houston sports teams. Besides they played like shit last night. Btw why has this pitcher hit 4 people in 4 innings.

#22 6 years ago

And the Astros win.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-is-going-to-win-the-world-series and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.