(Topic ID: 204248)

So who is going to start making some Rambo kits for Raven?

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monthly_04_2015_edaa745ff1a708f52be2220dfd7c1327-rambowswhite (resized).png
Rambo-5-New-Blood-No-Sylvester-Stallone (resized).jpg
rambo-header1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Raven is a pretty fun little game- with a terrible translight and center playfield art. I've always thought that since the cheap bastards at Gottlieb totally ripped Raven from Rambo without having to pay a dime, wouldn't it be cool to do a Raven/Rambo conversion?

Still looking for a cheap Raven, which isn't usually too hard when you're ready to actually buy one. They've always been $600 and under. I think the Translight could be such a draw for this game, and the gameplay is fairly decent to match. Anyone have the skills to produce that decal that virtual pinball used for the center of the playfield?

Thoughts?

rambo-header1 (resized).jpgrambo-header1 (resized).jpg
Rambo-5-New-Blood-No-Sylvester-Stallone (resized).jpgRambo-5-New-Blood-No-Sylvester-Stallone (resized).jpg

monthly_04_2015_edaa745ff1a708f52be2220dfd7c1327-rambowswhite (resized).pngmonthly_04_2015_edaa745ff1a708f52be2220dfd7c1327-rambowswhite (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Better yet, switch it to predator.

One sticker for the existing playfield circle.
New Backglass and side decals.
Predator stickers for the snipers or no stickers so they are clear. Like the camouflaged predator.
Paint the helicopter green. And it's done.

#3 6 years ago

I like the Rambo theme idea. But I also kinda dig the cheesy 80s art.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

I like the Rambo theme idea. But I also kinda dig the cheesy 80s art.

Yeah, but...there's enough cheesy 80's Gottlieb to go around. They made 8 photo image translights from 86-1988, which means the management must of been drunk as shit for those two years.
They saved a bunch on licensing and bought surplus of liquor, drinking like sailors (It's really not that far off)

Besides, Rambo is totally 80's. It's time to class up a Raven.

#5 6 years ago

I'd rather look at the chick on the original translite, than Rambo. #Justsayin

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I'd rather look at the chick on the original translite, than Rambo. #Justsayin

That's why it was put into production, for people like you.

#7 6 years ago

I would love a Rambo 2 based pin.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yeah, but...there's enough cheesy 80's Gottlieb to go around. They made 8 photo image translights from 86-1988, which means the management must of been drunk as shit for those two years.
They saved a bunch on licensing and bought surplus of liquor, drinking like sailors (It's really not that far off)
Besides, Rambo is totally 80's. It's time to class up a Raven.

It's was 80s, they were blowing lines off Ravens playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-is-going-to-start-making-some-rambo-kits-for-raven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.