• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Captur1e_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I've actually had this happen. I sent a deposit via paypal to a seller at his request, you know, to show I was "serious". When I showed up at his house to pick up the game and pay the rest in cash, it was gone. According to him, someone had offered more ($100) and came right away and paid cash. "You did see that I refunded your deposit, right" On top of it, the deal wasn't a screaming deal either, it was a fairly priced game and apparently, someone wanted it more and was willing to pay more. So, even though we had a "deal" with money exchanging hands, it didn't stop the seller from backing out of the deal.

I think once cash trades hands (even if a deposit) then in most states that is legal contract. I can say that if a seller ever pulled that with me and I wasted my time going to their place then I would be getting more than my $100 back.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I found this interesting page regarding something called the Statute of Frauds:
http://nationalparalegal.edu/public_documents/courseware_asp_files/contracts/DefensesToFormation/StatuteOfFrauds.asp
If I'm reading this right, to be enforceable, a contract for goods worth over $500 must be in writing.

interesting.

Quoted from scottslash:

Legal contract? Yeah, take em to court. Sheesh. Most litigious country in the world... and let's work to keep it that way!! Gimme a break.
Standing in the driveway trying to close a deal, sure, bring your lawyer with you. Or maybe there's another approach... or reality.

the point being that while some people may be shady enough to try something cra cra like taking a deposit and then refunding, most wont willfully break the law. Of course reality is that if they pull something like that then you are not going to get a lawyer, but the equal reality is they are not going to know why their tire went mysteriously flat a few days later or they keep getting so much more junk mail or... http://poopsenders.com/

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from JSW1:

Hi All
I'm the guy that sold the WCS game, I paid 1100 for it about 10 years ago. I am an electrician and do not make 400 an hour. my kids are gone and I offerd them the game but they didn't want it. About a year ago I was asking around to sell it and the most anyone offerd was 900. We were cleaning out the basement so I decided to post the machine on CL and it does work fine with some minor scratches on the case. I would have wanted more for it but It's my fault for not finding out the true value first. Ben was the first to call and asked a few ?'s and said he would take it and was on his way with the cash so I said sold then. I don't feel ripped off and I always keep my word on a deal, my integrity is worth more than money. the guy that Emailed after the fact for 2700 seemed like the intention was to make me feel like I got screwed. I'm happy with the deal. hope ben plays the game and enjoys it

best fake account post ever, LOL!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-in-the-twin-cities-got-the-1000-world-cup-soccer-on-craig%e2%80%99s-li?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.