• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Captur1e_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Okay, scenario for EVERYONE. You see the following ad on Craigslist: Twilight Zone Pinball $1200. You call the guy, who lives 5 minutes away from the you. The guy says someone just called before you and agreed to pay his $1200. The prospective buyer gets off work in 45 minute and going to driving directly to his location (...which let's say is 1 hour away.)
The seller says if he does not show up, you can have it for the asking price of $1200. But your welcome to come over and look at it right now
How many of you pinside angels do not offer the guy $1500 when you arrive there 5 minutes later?

Here's my answer: he was first, and you honor that. Period.

I would ask the seller: "When is the prospective buyer 'too late' ?" or "How long until you, the seller, consider the deal to have fallen through and the game is back up for sale?" That way, I have my own barometer as to when the buyer has "missed his chance", and then you can believe I'll be there ready to purchase.

I've missed good deals in the past. The way I saw it: they weren't meant for me. It's not cool to look out for yourself at the expense of others. That's what breeds cynicism and a sense of paranoia within our community.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-in-the-twin-cities-got-the-1000-world-cup-soccer-on-craig%e2%80%99s-li?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.