• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Captur1e_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider investingdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 7 years ago

So are you folks saying if you list your house for sale at an asking price and get multiple offers in excess of the ask..you'd take the ask because they were first? Really? It's a bidding war and that's how reality works.

Unless the bidder promised to sell at the first full offer, I fail to see the issue.

It's a free market and capitalism. Upping an offer above ask isn't a "dick" move, it's how you do business. If the original guy trying to buy doesn't like it, let him offer more.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I sent him this email after a couple hours of not hearing anything back.

I see nothing wrong with this...

You knew the ask was below market, didn't get a reply, guessed the seller was getting slammed with offers, and went all in with more money to secure a deal.

People seem to confuse love of a hobby with how business works...

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not really the point.
Why he would PUBLICLY post his email here is the head-scratcher. He'd have to know that it would cause a row, a sticky-wicket, or a gentlemanly scrum.
It's been a weird couple of days here. I'm trying to reconcile threads like these with the recent "what is my potc worth" thread, where everybody here insisted to a complete newbie after seeing one stretched out blurry pic of her game that she'd be batshit crazy for accepting a penny less than $5,000, when in fact nobody has ever sold a potc for $5,000.
It's like then only thing people fear around here more than getting ripped off is the idea that somewhere out there somebody else may be getting a bargain.

Oh, well that's a different matter.

The action of offering more than the ask is about as legit as you can get, which was my point. So is taking more than ask and allowing a few days for all offers to come in.

#82 7 years ago

Based on the time stamps of the emails, this is what I see...

Asks about WCS
No reply, offered more than ask to get attention of seller
Seller replies it's sold

What part of that violates any notion of a free offer to transact?

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Suppose you contacted the seller and he agreed to sell it to you for $1000 and you were four hours away.
You drive the four hours, arrive, and it sold because some sick pulled that crap on you?
I stand by my dick move comment.

You're confusing SELLER with BUYER.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

If you were standing in a physical line 10 people deep and the seller was negotiating with a buyer at the front of the line for $1000, would you shout "I'LL GIVE YOU $2,000 to $2700!" at the top of your lungs?

Yes, I would. Because that's how things work in the real world of grown-up capitalism of limited supply and high demand.

#111 7 years ago

As I said before...people are confusing Buyer with Seller.

The buyer, or buyers, are under no ethical obligation to honor another potential buyer by not trying to outbid them. So the Seller's price was offered? So what? You offer more. Hell, realtors do this all the time...sharing information about other offers to buy and there is no ethical or legal objection at all.

It's up to the Seller to decide when the negotiation is over.

A Seller renegging on a deal is not the same as a potential buyer trying to interrupt a deal with a higher offer if no deal has been finalized.

Geez...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider investingdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-in-the-twin-cities-got-the-1000-world-cup-soccer-on-craig%e2%80%99s-li?tu=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.