• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Captur1e_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 7 years ago

I have heard it said that it isn't a deal until the game is in your vehicle. Well here is a story of one of my weirdest Craigslist experiences. I shared this once before so I will just post what I had previously written.

"You know how people often say it's not a deal until you've paid and it's in your truck. Well I have an interesting story that sometimes that's not even enough. Not a pinball story, my wife and I collect lots of different things. There was a craigslist ad for some Art Nouveau mirrors about an hour away. Not something a typical pinhead would appreciate but my wife loved them and they were artsy and interesting.

So I call the guy, set up a time and we drive an hour down to check them out. They are in the basement of some business space this guy is renting for a resale shop. We go downstairs my wife thinks they are great, negotiate a price and make two trips carrying them upstairs. They are large and pretty heavy, it's hot and we have to try to maneuver around a bunch of crap to get them upstairs. I pay the man and we carry them out and load them in my vehicle. In the meantime the lady next door working in a Salon sees us loading them up. She owns the building, and the mirrors apparently and isn't having it. She comes over and starts having a discussion with the guy. After a bit the guy comes to tell us she told him when he rented he could sell them on her behalf but now she wanted to use them in her salon. They are already in our car but it's awkward so we hang out a bit trying to figure out what the hell is going on. After a little while he comes out and tells us she won't sell them now. My wife tries to talk her into letting us buy at least one but she is determined to keep them. So wanting to avoid any more continued weirdness or trouble we unload them and get the cash back. Probably not the worst broken deal ever but it had to be one of my weirdest.

So it's not necessarily a deal until you are driving away…."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-in-the-twin-cities-got-the-1000-world-cup-soccer-on-craig%e2%80%99s-li?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.