SW DE (resized).jpg
wise1 (resized).JPG
IMG_3365 (resized).PNG
IMG_3363 (resized).PNG
IMG_3364 (resized).PNG
IMG_3361 (resized).PNG
20170607_195944 (resized).jpg
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 6 years ago

Yeah you can lose $$ on an LE - there are no guarantees in pinball. If people really want/need an LE and there aren't many selling them the prices will stay near NIB. However you really have to look at the original value/demand of SWLE which is dropping now that the game has officially been released.

The "value" of this LE compared to past is the lowest ever. Actually hardware value is the fact that you get 2 extra rolled up translites and the cut out side rails and the limited metal plaque on the front.

Seriously- that is it. No extra lighting or playfield features, no shaker, no mirrored backglass, nada. Different cabinet art but done by the same artist anyways so really no "value" there.

Up to now, GBLE was the worst LE value and at least they had a bit more difference (not much). Still I sold mine for $1000 loss and felt I did really good to lose only that much.

I am in on an LE right now but really not feeling great about it. Once bitten, twice shy. GBLE was also a dream theme for me and Stern ruined my experience on that one. Could it happen again? Again we have no gameplay video and Stern saying "people will be surprised how much code is finished".

So how is everyone else that is in on an LE justifying the $1200+ price increase over a premium? I need some help here...

#71 6 years ago

For those considering whether the LE artwork is worth the extra $1200US plus, here are some pics I cropped of just the premium and LE cabinets. If someone has good pics of the premium/LE translites too please post them. I am just not sure I see the LE being that much better. I think I can talk myself into liking it more but I dunno... if the premium was the LE art would I just talk myself the other way? LOL

IMG_3361 (resized).PNGIMG_3361 (resized).PNG

IMG_3364 (resized).PNGIMG_3364 (resized).PNG

IMG_3363 (resized).PNGIMG_3363 (resized).PNG

IMG_3365 (resized).PNGIMG_3365 (resized).PNG

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I can fully understand your choice. Just some food for thought though...
You buy a pro then like the premium, you offload thr pro at a loss (the pros aren't limited and will be a dime a dozen so yes there will be a loss throwing it on the 2nd hand market) then get the premium. You end up almost paying an Le price for your premium. To me it's not really saving money plus you've got the stuffing around buying, selling, then buying again.
Up to you but if you've got the coin and you think you're gonna like the extras get the Le.

This does make a lot more sense. I mean no one is going to buy a used pro for anything close to the new cost since no warranty and they are going to be available new for a long time. The LEs for as little as they offer in terms of value they do offer the limited badge and artwork so if the game really rocks the LE will hold value for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-has-a-swle-on-order?tu=pinchamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.