SW DE (resized).jpg
wise1 (resized).JPG
IMG_3365 (resized).PNG
IMG_3363 (resized).PNG
IMG_3364 (resized).PNG
IMG_3361 (resized).PNG
20170607_195944 (resized).jpg
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And who has all these LE's that a lot of people are passing on?

Good question. I know of 3 distributors that are sold out.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the ones who aren't want $9000+.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who still had them?

#55 6 years ago

LE all the way!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who still had them?

Fun! in TX and Automated in CT, I think. But apparently you pay a premium for an LE (see what I did there?).

#57 6 years ago

you got me you win.
i suck.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

you got me you win.
i suck.

You ok?

I am from Cape Elizabeth and coming up to Maine in a few days to visit family. Will hit Arcadia National Bar and comic book shop to play some pins. Love me some Maine during the Summer!

#59 6 years ago

I'm in

#60 6 years ago

I passed, decided there just is not really any reason to go with the LE over the Premium. Back when they did it right with LE's, such as the Star Trek LE it made sense,. But now you just get some side rails? Nah. I'll wait a while and see how the game/code shake out and maybe consider a premium next year.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I passed, decided there just is not really any reason to go with the LE over the Premium. Back when they did it right with LE's, such as the Star Trek LE it made sense,. But now you just get some side rails? Nah. I'll wait a while and see how the game/code shake out and maybe consider a premium next year.

Um...no. You get the numbered aluminum plate on the speaker panel, too. Duh!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Um...no. You get the numbered aluminum plate on the speaker panel, too. Duh!

LoL oh yeah! Forgot that important feature!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LoL oh yeah! Forgot that important feature!

Two extra translites that I plan on selling for $650 each on EBay also.

#64 6 years ago

Two extra translites that I plan on selling for $650 each on EBay also.

Pm sent!!!

#65 6 years ago

Still no official streaming date yet? Heard it's this week.

#66 6 years ago

You ok?
I am from Cape Elizabeth and coming up to Maine in a few days to visit family. Will hit Arcadia National Bar and comic book shop to play some pins. Love me some Maine during the Summer!

Sorry man. was drinking a bummed that last post. so wasnt really ok. thanks man.
i'm in cape myself. we should get together. will message you my number.
to answer your original question. the few places i called looking for LE. they all said they were spoken for and had list for long time. then i got calls back saying people dipped out and i could get one. and my theory was the LE dosnt look that cool. or at least that much more for the money. and when i was saying premium will be big seller i mean between premium and pro.

20170607_195944 (resized).jpg20170607_195944 (resized).jpg

#67 6 years ago

I'm in on one

#68 6 years ago

I have a spot but still flicking between LE or a prem & make my own led rails and stuff

#69 6 years ago

Yeah you can lose $$ on an LE - there are no guarantees in pinball. If people really want/need an LE and there aren't many selling them the prices will stay near NIB. However you really have to look at the original value/demand of SWLE which is dropping now that the game has officially been released.

The "value" of this LE compared to past is the lowest ever. Actually hardware value is the fact that you get 2 extra rolled up translites and the cut out side rails and the limited metal plaque on the front.

Seriously- that is it. No extra lighting or playfield features, no shaker, no mirrored backglass, nada. Different cabinet art but done by the same artist anyways so really no "value" there.

Up to now, GBLE was the worst LE value and at least they had a bit more difference (not much). Still I sold mine for $1000 loss and felt I did really good to lose only that much.

I am in on an LE right now but really not feeling great about it. Once bitten, twice shy. GBLE was also a dream theme for me and Stern ruined my experience on that one. Could it happen again? Again we have no gameplay video and Stern saying "people will be surprised how much code is finished".

So how is everyone else that is in on an LE justifying the $1200+ price increase over a premium? I need some help here...

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah you can lose $$ on an LE - there are no guarantees in pinball. If people really want/need an LE and there aren't many selling them the prices will stay near NIB. However you really have to look at the original value/demand of SWLE which is dropping now that the game has officially been released.
The "value" of this LE compared to past is the lowest ever. Actually hardware value is the fact that you get 2 extra rolled up translites and the cut out side rails and the limited metal plaque on the front.
Seriously- that is it. No extra lighting or playfield features, no shaker, no mirrored backglass, nada. Different cabinet art but done by the same artist anyways so really no "value" there.
Up to now, GBLE was the worst LE value and at least they had a bit more difference (not much). Still I sold mine for $1000 loss and felt I did really good to lose only that much.
I am in on an LE right now but really not feeling great about it. Once bitten, twice shy. GBLE was also a dream theme for me and Stern ruined my experience on that one. Could it happen again? Again we have no gameplay video and Stern saying "people will be surprised how much code is finished".
So how is everyone else that is in on an LE justifying the $1200+ price increase over a premium? I need some help here...

Because the playfield appears to be ACDC revamped by Steve Ritchie, I am hoping that this will be a game I keep for awhile. If so, I have zero problem with selling at a bit of a loss when I sell it down the line. Here's hoping it plays as good as we want it to!

#71 6 years ago

For those considering whether the LE artwork is worth the extra $1200US plus, here are some pics I cropped of just the premium and LE cabinets. If someone has good pics of the premium/LE translites too please post them. I am just not sure I see the LE being that much better. I think I can talk myself into liking it more but I dunno... if the premium was the LE art would I just talk myself the other way? LOL

IMG_3361 (resized).PNGIMG_3361 (resized).PNG

IMG_3364 (resized).PNGIMG_3364 (resized).PNG

IMG_3363 (resized).PNGIMG_3363 (resized).PNG

IMG_3365 (resized).PNGIMG_3365 (resized).PNG

#72 6 years ago

I'm in and hoping there is more to the side armor that Stern has revealed, and maybe an LE only add on later.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

For me, the Premium cab and translite do not do it for me. LE art is way better. The Pro is nice as well cab art and translite-wise, but don't want that pro playfield. I can understand the lack of factory installed shaker as not everyone wants it. You should be able to negotiate some cost out of the LE to make up for the lack of a shaker you hafta pay for separately. The LE translite SHOULD have a hyperspace light mod factory installed. That I am disappointed about. Stainless steel speaker panel and lit speaker emblems and lockbar button plates will be available mods. In the end, except for lit side rails, it will be as good as STLE but hafta get the detailed stuff aftermarket. I do hope Stern provides that animated backbox mod free of charge to LE owners though. I think most of us are going to sell the extra translites to defray costs of the LE?

#74 6 years ago

I like the premium a lot better

#75 6 years ago

LE all the way. Its an epic title for me, i bought 2

#76 6 years ago

We've got 3 left if anyone is still looking. $8699

#77 6 years ago

I really hope this game plays well. The pictures just don't do a thing for me...
I'll be waiting to play this before I drop a cent to Stern on any NIB game.

#78 6 years ago

Pro/LE/Premium in order right?
What is the appx timeline for each model?
Would like to play one at CAX this year.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

In for a penny, in for a pound. It's going to be an epic game!

Rob

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I'm in on one to, but feel the exact same way. Does stern ever sell pro translites? Thought about getting premium with the pro translite.

#81 6 years ago

Can someone render the side rails onto a premium to compare? I'm thinking if those are made, it may be the way to go.

#82 6 years ago

My 2 cents for whatever it is worth. Bottom Line up front. Pro's and Premiums will have trouble exceeding or holding their value over the long term

Look at the stern facebook feed from yesterday, they are still cranking out metallica's. Total estimate, but I bet they have made 10,000 of those games by now. Yet, no matter how many premiums they make there are still only 800 LE's. Why does this matter? A metallica premium can run you about 6k now. LE's still holding their value.

AC/DC premium's were getting up there north of 7k, until the vault editions hit and the prices dropped to the low/mid 6's again. LE's still holding their value.

My prediction, is that star wars premium will be the highest quantity manufactured game stern makes. Think of all the vault edition possibilities. Dark Side, Force Edition, C3PO, Boba Fett, R2D2, new movie line (Rogue One, etc.) You will never make your money back on a premium. I bet they get close to Addams Family numbers with this title (near 20k)

Sure, an LE doesn't have that many more bells and whistles, but.. there will always only be 800 of them. and it is a star wars collectible.

#83 6 years ago

I had my deposit and guaranteed spot in on an LE as Star Wars was my dream theme. I was super disappointed in how stripped the LE package was and even the premium for that matter. I ultimately decided to down grade all the way to the Pro which has the best art package in my opinion. I am still unsure about the hyperloop and the $2000 difference in price between the Pro and Premium (Thanks Stern for NO really game play video's almost two weeks after reveal). The hyperloop may be awesome but it could just be a cute feature that gets old after you play the game a few times. I guess I will have to wait and see. I ultimately decided to get the Pro and if the hyperloop is a must have feature then I can always sell my Pro and upgrade to the Premium later as they will be making these for the next few years.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I had my deposit and guaranteed spot in on an LE as Star Wars was my dream theme. I was super disappointed in how stripped the LE package was and even the premium for that matter. I ultimately decided to down grade all the way to the Pro which has the best art package in my opinion. I am still unsure about the hyperloop and the $2000 difference in price between the Pro and Premium (Thanks Stern for NO really game play video's almost two weeks after reveal). The hyperloop may be awesome but it could just be a cute feature that gets old after you play the game a few times. I guess I will have to wait and see. I ultimately decided to get the Pro and if the hyperloop is a must have feature then I can always sell my Pro and upgrade to the Premium later as they will be making these for the next few years.

I can fully understand your choice. Just some food for thought though...

You buy a pro then like the premium, you offload thr pro at a loss (the pros aren't limited and will be a dime a dozen so yes there will be a loss throwing it on the 2nd hand market) then get the premium. You end up almost paying an Le price for your premium. To me it's not really saving money plus you've got the stuffing around buying, selling, then buying again.

Up to you but if you've got the coin and you think you're gonna like the extras get the Le.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

You buy a pro then like the premium, you offload thr pro at a loss (the pros aren't limited and will be a dime a dozen so yes there will be a loss throwing it on the 2nd hand market) then get the premium. You end up almost paying an Le price for your premium. To me it's not really saving money plus you've got the stuffing around buying, selling, then buying again.
Up to you but if you've got the coin and you think you're gonna like the extras get the Le.

Well written.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Look at the stern facebook feed from yesterday, they are still cranking out metallica's. Total estimate, but I bet they have made 10,000 of those games by now. Yet, no matter how many premiums they make there are still only 800 LE's. Why does this matter? A metallica premium can run you about 6k now. LE's still holding their value.

500 Metallica LEs

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I gave up my LE spot. Decided to grab a premium later in the year.
If Star Wars LE had a street price similar to Aerosmith LE (7,800 +/-), I would have bought one.
I'm having some heartburn over paying $7K+ for a premium. But since it is Star Wars, I'll probably bite the bullet and get one.
Right now, I'm going to focus on my AFMr LE. Then worry about SW.
My 0.02.
Marcus

wise1 (resized).JPGwise1 (resized).JPG

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This does make a lot more sense. I mean no one is going to buy a used pro for anything close to the new cost since no warranty and they are going to be available new for a long time. The LEs for as little as they offer in terms of value they do offer the limited badge and artwork so if the game really rocks the LE will hold value for sure.

#89 6 years ago

Same boat as others. Was thinking of LE, just not enough extras for me to justify the high price. At over 7k shipped for the Premium I am on the edge of being priced out of the Premiums too. Have no interest in the Pro, so might end up being no Star Wars for me. If it ends up being a killer game then maybe Premium in the future.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

No rush to get a Pro or Premium, why not wait and see how it shakes out with game play, code and quality. The decide if you want the Pro or Premium, rather than loosing money.

#91 6 years ago

I agree on waiting unless you want an LE. I only buy LE's and want them new, so waiting is not an option, but I would definitely wait on a premium before buying to see what the problems/benefits are later.

#92 6 years ago

Yeah, would sure like to see gameplay before forking down cash on an LE. I've never been in the market for an LE, so this is all new to me. I've looked at photos a million times going back and forth between premium and LE. The Le has grown on me now, and I'm not sure about premium yet. Hopefully footage will be provided on a premium/Le soon so people can know what they're putting money on.

#93 6 years ago

Anyone have any ideas when Star Wars LE will ship in USA?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone have any ideas when Star Wars LE will ship in USA?

I was told late July early August. I'm more concerned with seeing it actually play though at this point.

#95 6 years ago

I do not believe in the dime a dozen theory / I also won't knock a pro/
The last game of Steve's was Game of thrones/ and I went Pro on it / That was the better choice of the two for me when all was said and done. I just played a Friends LE and I played 3 games and was done . I know still I do not want the upgrade / pro is better on that title hands down for ME .
I am getting a Star wars Pro and will see how the Prem/Le pans out / In the Meantime I am Buying a true LE master piece and getting a STLE to put next to the SWpro / They are going to look awesome next to each other ..
Congrats to you LE Star Wars Buyers / I am sure you will be happy with it

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

The last game of Steve's was Game of thrones/ and I went Pro on it / That was the better choice of the two for me when all was said and done. I just played a Friends LE and I played 3 games and was done . I know still I do not want the upgrade / pro is better on that title hands down for ME .
I am getting a Star wars Pro and will see how the Prem/Le pans out / In the Meantime I am Buying a true LE master piece and getting a STLE to put next to the SWpro / They are going to look awesome next to each other ..

I agree with all of this completely. I don't care one bit about how rare an Le may be or not. I'm only in on SW LE currently because I simply like the look of it best. Still not sure it's worth it over premium yet though. I feel the pros on Metallica and AS are perfectly fine for me. I get it, and agree. Your STLE will be awesome. Congrats!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Giving the pro that label isn't hating on the pro, it simply implies there will be a shite load produced and sold. And there will be for yrs to come with this title. The pro looks fast and fun. Is this title another GoT? No I don't think so. The extra features on this game will only add to the experience not change the whole feel of the game like GoT pro vs prem Le

#98 6 years ago

I disagree with some of the above discussion about losing more money on the Pro. Recent history and the Pinside market has shown that the Stern Pro retains value better than the Premium or LE models. There will be 800 LEs and Premiums are unlimited.

I'm sure the LEs will be awesome! I'm just discussing value.

#99 6 years ago

I ordered an LE. It was a tough decision at first but now I'm confident I made the right choice. Star Wars is one of my ultimate dream themes. A game can play amazing and be one of the best pins ever, but if I don't connect with the theme then I'm not a buyer; I'll play it somewhere else. As for risks buying before you play it, yes, that's a real possibility, but pretty unlikely. I already know I love Steve Ritchie's designs. Knowing that the Star Wars layout is a hybrid of AC/DC, No Fear, and elements from some of his other pins that I know play great makes it's even less risk. Also knowing the GB audio guy is on this has me super pumped - - I ended up selling my GB, but it was the audio in that game (along with the art) that almost got me to keep it. Tie that in with John Williams original score and I don't really see how they mess this up. With pinball browser and this awesome community I'm not worried about callouts - TWD audio was a joke when it launched but thanks to some dedicated pinsider's, it's one of the best now. But what about code?? There's always that, but based on Dwight's recent history the code has been fantastic right out of the box and I really can't see them dropping the ball on this massive title.

So why LE over Premium or Pro? Again, it's a dream theme for me. Knowing I can always pick up a Pro or Premium later but not be able to get a decent deal on a LE was probably the thing that sealed the deal. I can admit the translite on the LE is my least favorite, but it's obvious STERN knew people were going to have some objections to it and are including the other two as well. Couple that with an interactive back box lighting kit simulating the jump to lightspeed (I know someone will design one) and the LE will be one of kind. In regards to the cabinet, the Pro and Premium both have things that I like and dislike, neither one gave me the "this is the cabinet you are looking for" feel. The Millenium Falcon theme throughout the LE cab has a cohesiveness about it that just really grew on me. Are there enough upgrades and features in the LE vs the Premium? On paper, probably not, but again it's a piece of history and nostalgia for me. What's a thousand bucks spread out over the lifetime I own the game?

Either way, Pro/Prem/LE looks like a win despite which model you choose. Lose out on the the hyperspeed mech on the Pro but save some considerable coin, cash out a little more than you want for the LE but worth it for your dream theme. Premium might be the sweet spot for most people, but not for this Padawan.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I ordered an LE. It was a tough decision at first but now I'm confident I made the right choice. Star Wars is one of my ultimate dream themes. A game can play amazing and be one of the best pins ever, but if I don't connect with the theme then I'm not a buyer; I'll play it somewhere else. As for risks buying before you play it, yes, that's a real possibility, but pretty unlikely. I already know I love Steve Ritchie's designs. Knowing that the Star Wars layout is a hybrid of AC/DC, No Fear, and elements from some of his other pins that I know play great makes it's even less risk. Also knowing the GB audio guy is on this has me super pumped - - I ended up selling my GB, but it was the audio in that game (along with the art) that almost got me to keep it. Tie that in with John Williams original score and I don't really see how they mess this up. With pinball browser and this awesome community I'm not worried about callouts - TWD audio was a joke when it launched but thanks to some dedicated pinsider's, it's one of the best now. But what about code?? There's always that, but based on Dwight's recent history the code has been fantastic right out of the box and I really can't see them dropping the ball on this massive title.
So why LE over Premium or Pro? Again, it's a dream theme for me. Knowing I can always pick up a Pro or Premium later but not be able to get a decent deal on a LE was probably the thing that sealed the deal. I can admit the translite on the LE is my least favorite, but it's obvious STERN knew people were going to have some objections to it and are including the other two as well. Couple that with an interactive back box lighting kit simulating the jump to lightspeed (I know someone will design one) and the LE will be one of kind. In regards to the cabinet, the Pro and Premium both have things that I like and dislike, neither one gave me the "this is the cabinet you are looking for" feel. The Millenium Falcon theme throughout the LE cab has a cohesiveness about it that just really grew on me. Are there enough upgrades and features in the LE vs the Premium? On paper, probably not, but again it's a piece of history and nostalgia for me. What's a thousand bucks spread out over the lifetime I own the game?
Either way, Pro/Prem/LE looks like a win despite which model you choose. Lose out on the the hyperspeed mech on the Pro but save some considerable coin, cash out a little more than you want for the LE but worth it for your dream theme. Premium might be the sweet spot for most people, but not for this Padawan.

Agreed. That's a great summation of why I went with the LE as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-has-a-swle-on-order/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.