SW DE (resized).jpg
wise1 (resized).JPG
IMG_3365 (resized).PNG
IMG_3363 (resized).PNG
IMG_3364 (resized).PNG
IMG_3361 (resized).PNG
20170607_195944 (resized).jpg
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Ordered mine today through Game Room Guys. Bought a GBLE from them last year. Found interesting that SWLE did not come with a shaker motor as standard.

#2 6 years ago

LOL, I guess I'm the only sucker!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

LOL, I guess I'm the only sucker!

Haha no I don't think that's the case although your post did make me LOL.

I think a lot of people with LE spots are maybe considering dropping to a Premium, I know I am and I have seen a lot of fellow Pinsiders saying they have or might be doing the same.

Once proper gameplay is shown tomorrow/this week I think everyone will have a much better idea what they will be doing but I can see the Premium being a monster seller for Stern and a massive earner for Operators.

#4 6 years ago

When Star Trek premium was announced the red color armor looked similar to ACDC which looked off. I gambled and went for it. When I received the game it was amazing and matched perfectly. Typically I think Stern takes poor quality pictures or renders. I wish they still did lollipop powdercoated armor on the premiums though, it did make the game pop more.

#5 6 years ago

I believe the LE will be priced out of my affordability range. I'm not keen on selling both my GB pro and IMVE to fund this. As for the premium, I don't care about the splitting death star which leaves the hyperspace ramp as the only significant difference between it and the pro. If I can do without that, then pro is the way I go. I can sell GB and not regret that...

Rob

#6 6 years ago

That all makes sense. I just like having the LE's just for the fact they are LE I suppose While I like GBLE I am going to have to say that STLE is probably my favorite machine. The flashing side rails interactive Vengance ship, and high speed kickback are neat features. I also like the backglass and the Cointaker Mod for backlighting. I also like the ST and SW themes just because I liked both movies / shows.

#7 6 years ago

I'm in. And we're not alone. I think the distros are all sold out at this point - and if not, they're going to their waiting lists.

#8 6 years ago

It is funny to read Pinside comments. At every new Stern release I can count on hearing the following:

1. The artwork is better on the Pro.
2. The artwork is better on the Premium.
3. Why can't the pro have the same features as the LE?
4. The code is horrible.
5. They ruined a great theme with bad layout.
6. The playfield has dimples and ghosting.
7. Why no magnets?
8. Why magnets - they are stupid?!
9. Stern keeps cheapening up the machine, they charge too much, and nobody has them in stock!
10. Gary Stern is one of the 1%

#9 6 years ago

It is funny to read Pinside comments. At every new Stern release I can count on hearing the following:
1. The artwork is better on the Pro.
2. The artwork is better on the Premium.
3. Why can't the pro have the same features as the LE?
4. The code is horrible.
5. They ruined a great theme with bad layout.
6. The playfield has dimples and ghosting.
7. Why no magnets?
8. Why magnets - they are stupid?!
9. Stern keeps cheapening up the machine, they charge too much, and nobody has them in stock!
10. Gary Stern is one of the 1%

These are comments generally from people that do not buy new machines. Good for a laugh only!

We are in for a LE

#10 6 years ago

My first NIB, so it's got to be an LE.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

My first NIB, so it's got to be an LE

Congrats on your first NIB machine. It is an addictive expierence opening those up.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on your first NIB machine. It is an addictive expierence opening those up.

Thanks. I've had deposits on a couple, but it never worked out (unexpected expenses while waiting for my LOTR, and just didn't like the Hobbit gameplay). I've had a fair number of older machines over the years though.

To be fair, I think the hobby in general is an addictive experience.

#13 6 years ago

I ordered mine from Gameroom Guys as well. I got the email saying Stern was making the pinball machines late last week, so I called them and asked to get on the waiting list for the LE. They told me it wasn't guaranteed, but then called me on Monday or Tuesday of this week to give me the good news. Can't wait for this machine! I've got this and Alien arriving in the next 2 or 3 months.

#14 6 years ago

I'm in on one.

Such a shame that the LE detail isn't on the level of Star Trek.

#15 6 years ago

I can guinea pig a spot in Canada for someone LOL I'm sure the allotment will allow for it. Plus you get the tournament button included Might actually get a good deal since I think I will go premium and you would get it sooner. The bad, you would have to come pick it up in Canada. No customs on the way back. Make a summer of it.

#16 6 years ago

I gave up my LE spot. Decided to grab a premium later in the year.

If Star Wars LE had a street price similar to Aerosmith LE (7,800 +/-), I would have bought one.

I'm having some heartburn over paying $7K+ for a premium. But since it is Star Wars, I'll probably bite the bullet and get one.

Right now, I'm going to focus on my AFMr LE. Then worry about SW.

My 0.02.

Marcus

#17 6 years ago

I'm in for a LE too! Can't wait!

#18 6 years ago

Just ordered an LE. Just like the look better, but otherwise I'd go premium.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If Star Wars LE had a street price similar to Aerosmith LE (7,800 +/-), I would have bought one.
I'm having some heartburn over paying $7K+ for a premium. But since it is Star Wars, I'll probably bite the bullet and get one.
My 0.02.
Marcus

Who was able to get an Aerosmith LE for $7,800ish?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who was able to get an Aerosmith LE for $7,800ish?

I had an opportunity to grab one for $7,800 but passed. I know of a couple guys locally who got screaming deals ($7,300 +/-) on ASLE when it came out. The LEs were not selling like hot cakes at the time. Might not be the same right now with Stern's increase, but my point was that a sub $8K LE would have been a quick sale. An LE at $9K is more than I care to spend on any one single production pinball machine.

Marcus

#21 6 years ago

The LE:s are so cheap for you in the US. I am in for a SW LE and it costs 9450 EUR.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The LE:s are so cheap for you in the US. I am in for a SW LE and it costs 9450 EUR.

With the current exchange rate (1.12) that isn't that far off!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

With the current exchange rate (1.12) that isn't that far off!

It's ca. $10500...

#24 6 years ago

I'm in on an LE ... first (and probably last) NIB ... unless Guardians of the Galaxy & Iron Maiden are made ... then those two will be my last NIBs ... unless they somehow make a Megadeth pin ... then those three will ABSOLUTELY be my last.

Yeah, I can see how this gets addictive .

#25 6 years ago

I don't know, hard choice. there is an AC/DC on location near me, but it sucks the bottom playfield doesn't really work. As much as I would like to get one of these I might have to hold out for the premium AC/DC.

#26 6 years ago

In for an LE as an Operator.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'm in on an LE ... first (and probably last) NIB ... unless Guardians of the Galaxy & Iron Maiden are made ... then those two will be my last NIBs ... unless they somehow make a Megadeth pin ... then those three will ABSOLUTELY be my last.
Yeah, I can see how this gets addictive .

IMG_2935 (resized).JPGIMG_2935 (resized).JPG

It is a fatal addiction, for our wallets

#28 6 years ago

In for an LE as well.

#29 6 years ago

I still can't make a solid decision on LE or Prem!?

8k for prem
10k for LE

#30 6 years ago

I am in on an LE. My logic was the LE will hold it value better than the Prem. To me my true cost is how much I lose after I sell or trade a game out for down the line. I figure Prem will drop about $500-700 and an LE will be around what I paid. So I paid $1300 more now to perhaps save $500-$700 later. Or not.

I took a chance on this LE due to the SW theme and Ritchie. For all time best themes for anything SW has to be up there at the top. Acdc and Met were fantastic pinball themes and sold great! SW may be ahead of them. Game has to play well to make it a hit though. All this being said I don't expect the LE to go up at all. Stern pushed up the price where making money would be a big surprise.

We will see. Something to look forward to!

#31 6 years ago

Im in on an LE and it will be my first NIB...cant wait to put it next to LOTR

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

Im in on an LE and it will be my first NIB...cant wait to put it next to LOTR

I sold LOTR to get SW.

Figure SW will be my new "anyone can play and enjoy it" game and my friend is excited to get LOTR. Who my game is going to always helps me with the sale.

Congrats on your first NIB and potential LOTR - SW combo!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My 0.02.
Marcus

Same here, gave up my LE spot (will consider a premium later) and now waiting for AFMr LE

#34 6 years ago

I heard Radrog ordered 10 of them...just to come here an tell us how he is a part of the 10 SWLE club and no one else can join.

#35 6 years ago

I am in for an LE myself. Once it arrives then it is mod city baby...

#36 6 years ago

I ordered my LE. What exactly am I getting that differs from Premium?
So far looks like different Artwork and Custom LED cabinet armor.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am in on an LE. My logic was the LE will hold it value better than the Prem. To me my true cost is how much I lose after I sell or trade a game out for down the line. I figure Prem will drop about $500-700 and an LE will be around what I paid. So I paid $1300 more now to perhaps save $500-$700 later. Or not.
I took a chance on this LE due to the SW theme and Ritchie. For all time best themes for anything SW has to be up there at the top. Acdc and Met were fantastic pinball themes and sold great! SW may be ahead of them. Game has to play well to make it a hit though. All this being said I don't expect the LE to go up at all. Stern pushed up the price where making money would be a big surprise.
We will see. Something to look forward to!

I had similar justification. Though I saw a Ghostbusters LE just sell fro 7500 (yeah WTF)

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I had similar justification. Though I saw a Ghostbusters LE just sell fro 7500 (yeah WTF)

GBLE was $7800ish and only had 500 made. Folks were flipping them for $9000+ with a few sales. The PF issues did not help for sure and GB is a very hard game to play. Drain drain drain. I do not like it at all. More than a few GB will be sold or try to be sold for SW space and cash is my prediction. You watch.

#38 6 years ago

Ordered mine today through Game Room Guys. Bought a GBLE from them last year. Found interesting that SWLE did not come with a shaker motor as standard.

After seeing pics and the breakdown, I passed on my spot. Premium is the overall better buy.

#39 6 years ago

Totally right also on Prem. You can see how it play out and pay less for the same gameplay as an LE. It is certainly the more logical move compared to preordering an LE.

#40 6 years ago

800 doesnt feel that 'limited' but better than 2500 or whatever dialed in is..

Looking at this game I think its going to be fast and hard like ironman - just without the cool monger/but has the lcd to interact with.

#41 6 years ago

LE for us--busy preparing the spot to put it. Out with solid wood doors, in with glass doors with stobe light effects behind!

#42 6 years ago

I am truly excited to get my dream theme as an LE! This is one game I will never sell.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Cabinet armor does not light up that's just a white backing

#44 6 years ago

I'm in on an LE. Originally had a spot, then was thinking premium after images leaked, then went back to Le after official pics released. IDK, both are fine, I just think Ultimately the Le appeals to me more. SW is my family's dream theme, so we splurged to get the one we really wanted.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Cabinet armor does not light up that's just a white backing

The floor of the Millennium Falcon doesn't light up, either.

Cheap bastards.

#46 6 years ago

In on a LE.
I will be looking for a way to make the rails light.. what's the betting STERN will be releasing g some pretty good mods to squeeze more $$$ out of us!

#47 6 years ago

Already ordered a shaker motor to go with it.... sucker!!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The floor of the Millennium Falcon doesn't light up, either.
Cheap bastards.

Yeah Han & Chewie really cheated out on the Falcons interior lighting

But I still don't get why Stern did the Falcons flooring for side rail armour.

There are just so many other options that would have been cooler to use, like the Falcon on one side and slave one on the other both with laser firing light up like the enterprise on STLE, yet they went with flooring.

#49 6 years ago

In fo LE fo sho. put deposit.
agree with what someone else said about it being the greatest title ever. to me it is too. have to do LE.
from first glance it dosnt look cooler than Premium. The DARK Side premium is going to be the big seller.
cooler art to most it seems. alot people backing out on LE.
the thing i wish they would do is make the white windows on armor light up. not just painted white.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

In fo LE fo sho. put deposit.
agree with what someone else said about it being the greatest title ever. to me it is too. have to do LE.
from first glance it dosnt look cooler than Premium. The DARK Side premium is going to be the big seller.
cooler art to most it seems. alot people backing out on LE.
the thing i wish they would do is make the white windows on armor light up. not just painted white.

And who has all these LE's that a lot of people are passing on?

Prem will be a big seller, but not because folks have a choice to decide between an LE and Premium anytime they want. It is probably to late for that, but Prem is a solid money saver upfront and should be a winner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-has-a-swle-on-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.