New Back box inside.JPG
Done 4.JPG
Done 3.JPG
Before 1.JPG
german_kiss.jpg
kiss_protyp.jpg
pinball_kiss_order_form.JPG
image.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Old or new KISS pinball.....

#52 10 years ago

Was at CP pinball in Roxana ILL last weekend great restored unit redone cabinet ,new playfeild plays great i don't get the hate for the game play.

#53 10 years ago

CP got a KISS?? When?? Was there a couple of months ago?? Did he have Wizard of Oz also??

#54 10 years ago

The KissTards in Australia pay stupid money for them , so I glady dumped the two I had ( One was for parts but I pumped a few dollars into it )

#55 10 years ago

First concert 1976 Philly Spectrum. First pinball 2001(love game play by the way). It started my collection and 2 yrs later it is the reason Lyons Classic Pinball exists . Kiss Pinball Rules. We just celebrated our 10th anniv at LCP and have always had a Kiss in the shop.

1 month later
#56 10 years ago

Wonder if Stern will put out a new Kiss pinball
since Kiss will be inducted in the Rock And Roll
Hall of Fame.. Kiss deserves a kick ass pinball..
Look at playboy. they had their share of pinballs

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Wonder if Stern will put out a new Kiss pinball
since Kiss will be inducted in the Rock And Roll
Hall of Fame.. Kiss deserves a kick ass pinball..
Look at playboy. they had their share of pinballs

Gary Stern has been asked this question a 100 times and his answer was that Gene Simmons is not even on the same planet when it comes to the licensing for it.

I'll just stick with my old bally one that I bought back in 96 for $800

#58 10 years ago

i collect rock pinballs so it is a must. I totally redid mine , nos playfield with 6 coats of clear, ipdb plastics , cabinet redone , its staying here.

1 month later
#59 10 years ago

Picked up a KISS in Portland about 7 years ago for $200. It had fallen over in a trailer while the owner was moving it. Back glass was destroyed and the back cabinet was beat up as well. Lower cabinet was nailed together in the front. Playfield was about average. Brought it home to Seattle then started looking for stuff on the net. Found an NOS back glass for $375 then later found a playfield for $400 as well. Machine sat for about 5 years. I built an entire new cabinet for it to factory specs, however, I used 1/2' for the bottom of the cabinet (instead of the weak 1/4") and it is flush with the side bottoms. Also added a cord storage. Back box got all new aluminum sheeting as well. Every mechanism rebuilt and polished and every screw polished as well. New 1/8" braid for under playfield buss wiring. Before 1.JPGBefore 1.JPGThere's one "before" photo and then the finished product. Game is a 10 , top to bottom and plays awesome.

Done 3.JPGDone 3.JPG Done 4.JPGDone 4.JPG New Back box inside.JPGNew Back box inside.JPG New full machine 2.JPGNew full machine 2.JPG
1 year later
#60 8 years ago

I just thought I'd chime in here. I loved this game when it came out (I was 9) and being a child of that era, I was a member in good standing of the KISS Army..... Add my general love of pinball, and......... I got one 2 years ago, and have been playing it a lot recently. I still dig this game after all these years. I love the drop targets, bonus multiplier, the "Light a line", hell, I love everything about it. (I'd love it more if my standup targets worked more than about 30% of the time.) I like the straight forward rules, the clearly defined shots, and the artwork. Will always be my favourite, and will never sell mine. She was my first. Since then I've added TSPP, Joker Poker, Spirit of '76 and finally (my current fave to play) Countdown. I have a real thing for drop targets.......... Looking for an Eight Ball Deulxe now. Anyhoo, even though this is an old thread, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

#61 8 years ago

Bally Kiss is a lot like most of the games from the era in that if they are set-up nice and everything is functioning correctly, they are a blast to play and very addictive. But if there is even one feature not working correctly, it can make the machine a dud.

Kiss is a great game on both fronts IMO.

It's definitely a high-value collector's item as memorabilia and an important piece of rock history. It's value will only continue to increase over time.

Kiss is also a very-good player when tuned-up and working 100%. I play mine all the time. Bally Rolling Stones is the same way. You'll hear some people bashing it's gameplay but I think it's a great player when fully-functional.

I have a real-nice Kiss survivor. Like all survivors, this machine has an interesting story.

It was supposedly sold new in 1979 to a Pizza Parlor in Philly I believe. There it was set-up and in placed in operation for about a month until it quit working. Apparently the rectifier board went out (which they had a tendency to do). Then it sat for a month or so until it was repaired and went back into service for another couple months until it broke again.

The story goes that from that point on it never worked again and was eventually moved into a back room where it sat partially-covered with a tarp for 25 years until the pizza parlor was sold and the next owner decided to sell the machine.

In any case, I ended-up with it. The cabinet has some slight fade on one side and the front but is like new on the other side. The playfield is all-original with no Mylar except at the pop bumpers. Inside, the cabinet it is immaculate and so is the coin box with the plastic trays. Coin door looks like new. Backglass is mint. Overall it is an exceptional all-original machine. Better than 99% of them out there.

It's a keeper.

IMG_2542l_(resized).JPGIMG_2542l_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-who-has-a-kiss-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.